How are you all?

AndyMichelle

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

I agree with everything Eddie says. Phone your vet, or any vet if you don't have your own, who will normally be open sometime during Sunday, and they will give you advice. It will put your mind at rest. xx

Avril

Ditto. 

I shall be hoping for the best. Fingers crossed for you, Vamps.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

I don’t think he’s in pain but he collapsed while doing his business and we had to go rescue him. He struggled getting out the door this morning and he’s not usually that bad. 

I had hoped he’d just go in his sleep when it was time. 

he’s definitely not himself today 

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

😢

Vamps

If you think he is in pain or distress, he needs the vet

He relies on you.  Don’t let him down.  He needs you now more than ever.  Be brave in your decision

xxx 

56 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I agree with everything Eddie says. Phone your vet, or any vet if you don't have your own, who will normally be open sometime during Sunday, and they will give you advice. It will put your mind at rest. xx

Avril

I agree, phone the Vets .It could be something that could be treated and the dog could be fine but without 

he could get worse .Please put your own mind at rest and phone the Vets.:classic_smile:

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Lansoprazole is often prescribed to reduce acid production.

Tomatoes are best avoided.

Good luck with your doctor's appointment Damian.

Hi Graham  I take a Lansoprazole every morning 1 hour before foods and other Meds .

My doctor advised some foods and drinks that may react with Lansoprazole.

Thankfully tomatoes does not affect me so I think people have to see if a certain food 

or drink does affect them .If not they are safe to eat .

The only food My doctor told me to keep away from regarding taking the Meds was Salt &

grapefruit but that was due to a possible reaction with Statins & Ramipril Meds.

Damion  I hope your feeling better and whilst your on the Meds ,keep in mind your toilet needs .

If you think your not going regular enough then give your system a gentle nudge with a drink 

like Movicol/Dulcosoft . Sometimes a problem in that dept can cause problems further up the

food chain so to speak .:classic_smile:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I agree, phone the Vets .It could be something that could be treated and the dog could be fine but without 

he could get worse .Please put your own mind at rest and phone the Vets.:classic_smile:

he’s booked in for 6pm. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Vampiress88 said:

he’s booked in for 6pm. 

Good at least you know you have done the best for him Vamps.

I have took dogs to the vets thinking the worst and walked out happy.

I have also walked out in tears as there was nothing left but to avoid further pain and suffering

for my dog .

I really hope it's the first outcome for you :classic_smile: Hope to hear good news from you later .:classic_wink:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

he’s booked in for 6pm. 

That's good. Our pets are our family and when ill we take them to the doctors. As kalos says, it could be anything, but we always tend to look on the worst side don't we?  I hope everything goes well. I'll be thinking of you at 6pm. Please keep us up-dated and chin up xx

Avril

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That's good. Our pets are our family and when ill we take them to the doctors. As kalos says, it could be anything, but we always tend to look on the worst side don't we?  I hope everything goes well. I'll be thinking of you at 6pm. Please keep us up-dated and chin up xx

Avril

will do. 

It’s going to be a trek cos we are still with the old vets so it’s near wath. 

he didn’t want to get up for his biscuits but he did for scrambled eggs. Thought I might as well do his favourite. 

what’s unlike him is he doesn’t want to stay on the garden. He usually loves just laying there for hours. 

11 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

will do. 

he didn’t want to get up for his biscuits but he did for scrambled eggs. Thought I might as well do his favourite. 

what’s unlike him is he doesn’t want to stay on the garden. He usually loves just laying there for hours. 

Scrambled egg is a favourite of my dog Freddie and if your boy has eaten it then that’s positive. But it absolutely heart-wrenching when they are not well......

Will be thinking of you at 6pm. X

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

will do. 

He's worth the trek Vamps, you know he is. When we're not well we like to stay quietIy  indoors and rest, he's no different. I know it's not easy, but try not to worry as he'll sense it. xx

Avril

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

He's worth the trek Vamps, you know he is. When we're not well we like to stay quietIy  indoors and rest, he's no different. I know it's not easy, but try not to worry as he'll sense it. xx

Avril

oh yes he is always worth it 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Bodie is home. Still with us. Vets have given two tablets and said if he gets worse in next two weeks then that it. 

hoping the tablets stabilise him. 

better than what I thought it would be. Least we have two more weeks. 

Thinking of you. Take care.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Bodie is home. Still with us. Vets have given two tablets and said if he gets worse in next two weeks then that it. 

That's hopeful. I've my fingers crossed.

Avril

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I hope the tablets work and you get a happy outcome . A lot of people on here will have will have fingers 

crossed for Bodie .Good luck Vamps .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Love to Bodie x

Andy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Best wishes for Bodie.

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

That’s good news Vamps. Hope he makes good progress and you all have lots more happy times together.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 11:22 AM, kalos said:

Hi Graham  I take a Lansoprazole every morning 1 hour before foods and other Meds .

My doctor advised some foods and drinks that may react with Lansoprazole.

Thankfully tomatoes does not affect me so I think people have to see if a certain food 

or drink does affect them .If not they are safe to eat .

The only food My doctor told me to keep away from regarding taking the Meds was Salt &

grapefruit but that was due to a possible reaction with Statins & Ramipril Meds.

Damion  I hope your feeling better and whilst your on the Meds ,keep in mind your toilet needs .

If you think your not going regular enough then give your system a gentle nudge with a drink 

like Movicol/Dulcosoft . Sometimes a problem in that dept can cause problems further up the

food chain so to speak .:classic_smile:

I'm now on the Lansoprazole express for 28 days so will see how it goes. I am already concerned about side effects as I earlier commented elsewhere that I didn't think Iona looks as ugly as I thought it would!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2