How are you all?

AndyMichelle

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Perhaps switching everything off and unplugging everything and taken the aerial out of the TV (popular problem if lightening strikes tv aerial and to find earth usually damages tv) is very sensible precaution. But opening doors and taken hair clips out was a bit too much, if lightening does strike a house it usually tries to find an earth or damage items but dont think it would strike house and leave via an open door. The usual damage if lightening strikes a house is tv aerial, electrics, chimneys or roofs.

Our experience exactly in our old house back in the eighties.  I said earlier that it hit the chimney, but that’s reminded me - it was actually the TV aerial, and it tracked from their into the loft and arced into the electrics.

We’ve never had an external aerial since then!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Esprit said:

I remember one particular clash. A guy named Alan B•••••n went right off the rails and P&O were very slow to moderate the site. There was his DD Tracey who joined in the ongoing spat. 
I wonder where the likes of Derek K•••, Philip G•••••, & Elaine B•••• are?

It must have been a marketing disaster for P&O - anyone looking at their forum and thinking of booking a P&O cruise would have been rapidly deterred - no one in their right mind would have voluntarily booked a holiday with some of them. It was baffling why they let it go on for so long. 

Finally got to met up with my eldest son yesterday, not seen him in flesh since late January, we have a a number of Skype calls, but not the same. I often don’t see him in the spring as for the last 4 years he has been out of the country working either in Australia or India, but not this year. 

He works from home so had been isolating before he came up, his flatmate had gone home to Turkey to see her parents as she hadn’t seen them since before Christmas last year. Rather than risk the train my ex wife & her husband went to pick him up from his flat near a Olympic Park In London and came home with them. He came around for lunch, we we ate outside, he left at 7 as he had a remote installation to manage in Germany. After he had gone only then did I realise my voice was croaking, through talking that much.

It was great to see him after such a long period. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 16

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Finally got to met up with my eldest son yesterday, not seen him in flesh since late January, we have a a number of Skype calls, but not the same. I often don’t see him in the spring as for the last 4 years he has been out of the country working either in Australia or India, but not this year. 

He works from home so had been isolating before he came up, his flatmate had gone home to Turkey to see her parents as she hadn’t seen them since before Christmas last year. Rather than risk the train my ex wife & her husband went to pick him up from his flat near a Olympic Park In London and came home with them. He came around for lunch, we we ate outside, he left at 7 as he had a remote installation to manage in Germany. After he had gone only then did I realise my voice was croaking, through talking that much.

So glad you got to see your son. 

Very uplifting hearing your story. 

Andy 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

That's the most awful thing about this pandemic - families separated. So pleased you managed to see your son after such a long time. This time last year my husband was desperately ill and this time two years ago my mother was in the same position. I am so grateful my disasters happened when they did, but for many families that's not the case. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, AnnieC said:

That's the most awful thing about this pandemic - families separated. So pleased you managed to see your son after such a long time. This time last year my husband was desperately ill and this time two years ago my mother was in the same position. I am so grateful my disasters happened when they did, but for many families that's not the case. 

I agree.

Losing loved ones is distressing but during lockdown it must have been doubly distressing and not being able to see and hug family has been hard for lots of people.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

Well, we had a fantastic holiday last week. The temperature was a bit high for me but we had a huge secluded garden with a small pool and hot tub. Which was a hot tub for the first day, then warm bath tub, and ended up being a cool tub. With it being so hot everyone decided on a lazy garden holiday. Just our family so we were all able to lounge around in swim wear. 

I must say it has made things feel normal again.

• Like 8

On 8/16/2020 at 4:39 PM, Snow Hill said:

That’s lovely.

• Like 1

Just to let you all know my ex husband died last evening of his injuries.  We all feel it's probably for the best.  He wouldn't have been able to manage without his wife and his injuries were quite severe.  Thank you all again for your kind comments.  It's very sad.  No need to comment.  I know you are thinking of me x

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Just to let you all know my ex husband died last evening of his injuries.  We all feel it's probably for the best.  He wouldn't have been able to manage without his wife and his injuries were quite severe.  Thank you all again for your kind comments.  It's very sad.  No need to comment.  I know you are thinking of me x

I'm desperately sorry to hear your news Jean and you are right it probably was for the best with his injuries and his current wife dying too.

Best wishes 

Graham x

• Like 13

download.jpg.a568f479bddadd6f39619a46ad03570d.jpg

take care Jean x

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Oh Jean, God bless you and the poor man's family. 

Thinking of you

Andy & Michelle xx

• Like 3