How are you all?

AndyMichelle

22 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

😂

Continuing the personal health thing - I’ve just booked my flu vaccination for mid September.  Is it me or is that a little earlier than they usually get going?  Anyway, hopefully that’ll be me with a bit/lot/total protection against seasonal flu 20/21

Every little helps 🙄

Thanks for the nudge - just booked mine. I usually book in September and I think that's when they normally open up the appointments. Perhaps they're offering a lot more appointments than usual in the hope we all have one. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Thanks Annie and Avril, as I mentioned I am "self-isolating" in our spare bedroom / office today! 😁

I've also been to the Chemist and bought the biggest bottle of Gaviscon that they have.

I know how painful trapped wind can be, even though it doesn't sound it. Both Frank and I suffer occasionally and find that if you slowly sip warm or hot water, the same temerature as you'd drink your tea, it eases the symptoms and takes away the pain. I'm glad you ruled out other causes first though. Very wise.

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 1:12 PM, Esprit said:

I met Derek when the White Sisters were being promoted in Southampton and have kept in touch with Karen W, Val S, and Alan & Katrina J. Don't remember the doctor though!

You wouldn't be Lyn L by any chance?  

No I'm not Lyn L. I actually can't remember what my screen name was.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Thanks for the nudge - just booked mine. I usually book in September and I think that's when they normally open up the appointments. Perhaps they're offering a lot more appointments than usual in the hope we all have one. 

Our Doctor contacted us two weeks ago to book our flu appointments, and  we have them next month. He explained that because of covid they were expecting a lot more people wanting to book appointments, and  so began taking them earlier, that way they could make sure have enough vaccine in stock.

Avril

28 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Thanks Annie and Avril, as I mentioned I am "self-isolating" in our spare bedroom / office today! 😁

I've also been to the Chemist and bought the biggest bottle of Gaviscon that they have.

Did the Doc suggest it might be acid reflux.  I had problems with this a couple of years ago, and had chest pains, which were worse in bed, which I also felt through to my back. My GP prescribed Omeprazole which I took regularly till it eased, and I now always have some available if I feel it coming on again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, wowzz said:

I am quite deliberately moving this conversation on.

Went to Meadowhall shopping centre in Sheffield yesterday. A thoroughly dispiriting experience. 

A one way system in place  which sort of worked. But why ? You are not going to catch CV19  just by walking past someone.

Queues to get into some shops  (Zara - for example ) . No queue for Jo Brown!

Having to register to get a table in the food court was a pain- we went to the M&S cafe instead, with no queues which was nice.

But the biggest issue for us, was that apart from the M&S cafe, we had to keep masks on the entire time. In a normal High Street you can at least take your mask off inbetween popping into various stores.

Added to this, was the fact that you couldn't try any clothes on. I'm still not convinced that I am going to drop dead from CV19 by trying on a pair of jeans that someone else touched 48 hours ago.

Anyway, the good news is that the most dangerous part of the trip, which was driving 100 miles, was done safely.

And of course,  we also went to IKEA  - good to know that the Billy bookcase is still going strong after all these years!

100 miles? Didn’t think you were that far from Meadowhall. We need loads from ikea and I’d like a KrispyKreme from Meadowhall but i just can’t wear a mask that long. Could do with primark too but basically avoiding shops where possible. 

8 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Did the Doc suggest it might be acid reflux.  I had problems with this a couple of years ago, and had chest pains, which were worse in bed, which I also felt through to my back. My GP prescribed Omeprazole which I took regularly till it eased, and I now always have some available if I feel it coming on again.

Thanks John, that's good to know. I think the A&E doctor mentioned it, I'll see how I go tonight then contact the GP again if needed.

8 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Our GP prescibes Omeprazole for Frank. He has to take one every morning because he takes certain meds that can cause stomach problems.

Avril

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Schoolgirl sense of humour, I know, but perhaps we should move this onto the "Windy Gusts" thread.🤣

Windy Gusts  ?  I thought that was a performer in a drag queen show :classic_wacko::classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

100 miles? Didn’t think you were that far from Meadowhall. We need loads from ikea and I’d like a KrispyKreme from Meadowhall but i just can’t wear a mask that long. Could do with primark too but basically avoiding shops where possible. 

100 miles round trip.

1 minute ago, Vampiress88 said:

must be getting my wires crossed. Thought you were nearer than that. 
meadowhall definitely not good enough for that amount of driving. No wonder you did Ikea too

Less than an hour, so no great distance. Nowhere nearer to us if you want a decent selection of shops.

12 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Less than an hour, so no great distance. Nowhere nearer to us if you want a decent selection of shops.

meadowhall is definitely not what it used to be. 

As a teen used to catch the 287 bus to meadowhall to the cinema every Saturday. Even the little shop you went to before sneaking in snacks isn’t the same. 

and there used to be a restaurant with table top dancing. Not that kind but like the ones from 60s movies. 

sitting in oasis having to listen to “we are family” the millionth time while eating fast food. 

good times. 

Now it’s in and out and only if you have to. 

im about 15 miles away but still can’t be bothered to go. Probably would if I didn’t have to wear a mask. 

dunno if I’ve said but these masks really get to me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

meadowhall is definitely not what it used to be. 

As a teen used to catch the 287 bus to meadowhall to the cinema every Saturday. Even the little shop you went to before sneaking in snacks isn’t the same. 

and there used to be a restaurant with table top dancing. Not that kind but like the ones from 60s movies. 

sitting in oasis having to listen to “we are family” the millionth time while eating fast food. 

good times. 

Now it’s in and out and only if you have to. 

im about 15 miles away but still can’t be bothered to go. Probably would if I didn’t have to wear a mask. 

dunno if I’ve said but these masks really get to me. 

Showing my age, but I used to drive past the steelworks there, long before the shopping centre was even thought of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

😂

Continuing the personal health thing - I’ve just booked my flu vaccination for mid September.  Is it me or is that a little earlier than they usually get going?  Anyway, hopefully that’ll be me with a bit/lot/total protection against seasonal flu 20/21

Every little helps 🙄

My husband has booked his flu jab for 24th September.

This year, the 50-64 year old group are also being 'done' on the NHS, from about November onwards, so I'll be looking out for when the booking opens for this group, and get myself booked in. 

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Showing my age, but I used to drive past the steelworks there, long before the shopping centre was even thought of.

yes that was definitely before my time. 

I just remember the statues of them in the bottom and you used to have to meet people you lost there. 

36 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I laid floors in the Dixons there when it was still being built. 

Not sure what year it was but the shopfitters were playing 'Talk Talk' over and over again... 

Andy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I know how painful trapped wind can be, even though it doesn't sound it. Both Frank and I suffer occasionally and find that if you slowly sip warm or hot water, the same temerature as you'd drink your tea, it eases the symptoms and takes away the pain. I'm glad you ruled out other causes first though. Very wise.

Avril

My late mam always used

Bisodol tablets.

On the rare occasion I needed something they work exceptionally well.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I laid floors in the Dixons there when it was still being built. 

Not sure what year it was but the shopfitters were playing 'Talk Talk' over and over again... 

Andy 

In Liverpool today.

We did the magical mystery tour then a guided tour of the Cavern Club.

IMG_20200821_140251.jpg

IMG_20200821_112503.jpg

IMG_20200821_115436.jpg

IMG_20200821_121209.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

My husband has booked his flu jab for 24th September.

This year, the 50-64 year old group are also being 'done' on the NHS, from about November onwards, so I'll be looking out for when the booking opens for this group, and get myself booked in. 

I will wait until I get the call from the doctor for my Flu jab but as you mention those in the 50-64 year age group aren t likely to get theirs until November.Just hope they don't run out!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It wouldn't surprise me kalos. We grew up in a time of Rip Torn and Red Buttons🤣

Avril

The first I heard of Rip Torn was when he appeared with Bowie in "The man who fell to Earth"

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

In Liverpool today.

IMG_20200821_140251.jpg

IMG_20200821_112503.jpg

IMG_20200821_115436.jpg

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

In Liverpool today.

IMG_20200821_140251.jpg

IMG_20200821_112503.jpg

IMG_20200821_115436.jpg

IMG_20200821_121209.jpg

It looks interesting, even though I've never been a Beatles fan You seem to have avoided the gales in Liverpool. 

Avril

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It looks interesting, even though I've never been a Beatles fan You seem to have avoided the gales in Liverpool. 

Avril

It was interesting,it rained a little and it was a little windy by Albert docks.

Adele launched Adele 21 from the Cavern Club.

Many artists played at the Cavern.

IMG_20200821_143653.jpg

IMG_20200821_143517.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2