Mariner Wine Discount

tgetz

When did Holland eliminate the 4 star or maybe it was 5 star discount on wine packages?? I must have missed it, but when i was looking at something else today, I noticed it is not listed anymore as a benefit. That was a huge deal for us.

Still shows. From website - for 4^

• A 50% discount on specialty restaurant surcharges and specialty coffees in all dining venues* (Exploration Café and Grand Dutch Café on Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam), Sommelier Suites packages*, and all mini-bar purchases*
Edited by Hygge!
  • Like 1

It hasn’t been eliminated.  The Sommelier Suite packages are the wine packages:

I have underlined in yellow:

A863E38C-F0A0-4B5D-A9AA-E482E99D3094.thumb.jpeg.7dc15efd345dadb37d4160c8945f5f3c.jpeg

And here is confirmation on the Sommelier Suite in the FAQs.

C01254EE-3338-44AD-8F75-CA48B2E305A5.thumb.png.f868716b43fe01aa5b37022e387fa2b6.png

My blonde roots are showing.... I kept wondering what the  Sommelier Suites packages were. We always book a suite and I hadn't heard of that, but of course, Sommelier refers to wine...  It just  didn't say wine packages... Sorry everyone...

I think it has always called it wine packages before and it just threw me.  And if it had said Sommelier Suite cellar packages, like it does in some explanations, i might have figured it out... maybe. Again thanks everyone... 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tgetz said:

My blonde roots are showing.... I kept wondering what the  Sommelier Suites packages were. We always book a suite and I hadn't heard of that, but of course, Sommelier refers to wine...  It just  didn't say wine packages... Sorry everyone...

I think it has always called it wine packages before and it just threw me.  And if it had said Sommelier Suite cellar packages, like it does in some explanations, i might have figured it out... maybe. Again thanks everyone... 

They changed the name of the wine packages a couple of years ago so they are now Sommelier Package 1, 2 and 3.  I honestly don’t recall Suite in the name but we haven’t sailed for over a year now thanks to covid 19.

51 minutes ago, tgetz said:

Remember you only get a discount on Napa Valley wines☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am paranoid about what the cruise lines will have to eliminate in order to make a profit now, so I am sure that played into my thinking, or non thinking .😲 Holland had eliminated so many things we were not going  to sail them any more, but with a new president, I want to try them again and the world cruise for 2022 has a fantastic itinerary.  We do have a HAL cruise in January 2021 booked but I really doubt it gets to go.. 

The only thing I know they eliminated was the soft drink and water discounts in Exploration Cafe.  You used to get a 50% discount.  You can still get the discount if you order through the mini bar. 

54 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

The only thing I know they eliminated was the soft drink and water discounts in Exploration Cafe.  You used to get a 50% discount.  You can still get the discount if you order through the mini bar. 

This appears to vary by ship.  I received the discount on the Nieuw Statendam last December.  On the Westerdam last summer, the discount was available from the Explorations Cafe barista on her workstation but not available on the bar workstation just a few feet away. 

28 minutes ago, Crew News said:

This appears to vary by ship.  I received the discount on the Nieuw Statendam last December.  On the Westerdam last summer, the discount was available from the Explorations Cafe barista on her workstation but not available on the bar workstation just a few feet away. 

We were told it was effective fleet wide January 1st 2020 but obviously can’t verify that.

One of the "perks" of the Mariner Society at my Star level is the receipt of each new Cruise Atlas.  It has been quite some time since I received such a publication and that was pre-Covid-19.  I fully understand why a more recent one has not been published.  

When, and if, "normality" of some type resumes, I hope the Cruise Atlas won't be something that is no longer available.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tgetz said:

thanks, we usually empty the mini bar and use it for bottles of wine....We bring on wine in addition to the wine packages. Are we seeing a problem here? 🥂

I do, lushes...🍷