Serenade of the Seas Ocean View.

It's been about 5 years since we have been on Royal but looking at a possible cruise for next year.  Was thinking of Ocean view but I prefer the bed not to be under the window so we can stand and look out not kneel on the bed.  Does anyone know which cabins have the bed that way?  Thanks.

Connie

13 hours ago, Dreamer115 said:

It's been about 5 years since we have been on Royal but looking at a possible cruise for next year.  Was thinking of Ocean view but I prefer the bed not to be under the window so we can stand and look out not kneel on the bed.  Does anyone know which cabins have the bed that way?  Thanks.

Connie

Cabins 4580-4590 are set up that way. It's a small hallway directly off the centrum where they added rooms in a dry dock some years ago. It used to be a small dining room, so the windows are quite a bit bigger than standard OV cabins. DW and I were in 4580 on Serenade this past March, and loved the room/location. 

I can't believe I didn't take a better picture of the room than this, but it seems to show exactly what you're looking for. This was the view I had laying in bed. The windows could have used a cleaning i suppose. 

20200303_085148.jpg

Edited by MiniChunks

50 minutes ago, MiniChunks said:

Cabins 4580-4590 are set up that way. It's a small hallway directly off the centrum where they added rooms in a dry dock some years ago. It used to be a small dining room, so the windows are quite a bit bigger than standard OV cabins. DW and I were in 4580 on Serenade this past March, and loved the room/location. 

Thank you MiniChunks, that is exactly what I would like.  Were the rooms loud because of their location?

Whenever we do an OV cabin on serenade we always book cabins in this section 4580-4590.  Very private. Not noisy at all.  There is even a glass door that you can close at hallway if centrum is noisy.  I think we have stayed in all 5 of these cabins and the only one Not thrilled with was 4590.  There was a vibration on the wall that connected to empty dining room area.  Love the extra large window.  Big enough to put my backpack and books on it too.

Very convenient location.  Go for it. You'll love it

26 minutes ago, Dreamer115 said:

Thank you MiniChunks, that is exactly what I would like.  Were the rooms loud because of their location?

Any room anywhere near the centrum on Serenade is going to have noise at night, even on decks higher up.  I looked at the deck plan and have to believe those like 4580 are going to have some serious noise pounding when things are happening at night in the centrum.

24 minutes ago, Dreamer115 said:

Not a problem at all. I agree 100% with @Sunshine3601 about the noise. 4580 is the first room in that hallway off the centrum and there was no noise at all. The heavy glass door leading from the centrum into the hallway blocks almost all of the noise by itself, and once you close your cabin door, there's nothing. Another bonus about the location is that there are only a few rooms in that hall. You don't have a lot of foot traffic going past your room making noise. I would book this room again in a heartbeat. 

1 minute ago, bouhunter said:

Any room anywhere near the centrum on Serenade is going to have noise at night, even on decks higher up.  I looked at the deck plan and have to believe those like 4580 are going to have some serious noise pounding when things are happening at night in the centrum.

I have to disagree. We spent 11 nights in there and heard nothing. As previously mentioned, there's a heavy door leading off the centrum that is always closed. 

4 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Nope. No noise issues of any kind.  No foot traffic.  No maid carts parked in hallway throughout the day.  Nice private area and great location to stairs elevator centrum the bar and the mdr.  Love this area.  We have stayed in this location several times on serenade and her sister ship the Jewel.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Nope. No noise issues of any kind.  No foot traffic.  No maid carts parked in hallway throughout the day.  Nice private area and great location to stairs elevator centrum the bar and the mdr.  Love this area.  We have stayed in this location several times on serenade and her sister ship the Jewel.  

I stand corrected 🙂

Just assumed the centrum noise would get to those cabins.  Cruise Critic is a great place for info!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

We were in one directly below the centrum and had no noise issue at all.  But thanks for the input.

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Whenever we do an OV cabin on serenade we always book cabins in this section 4580-4590.  Very private. Not noisy at all.  There is even a glass door that you can close at hallway if centrum is noisy.  I think we have stayed in all 5 of these cabins and the only one Not thrilled with was 4590.  There was a vibration on the wall that connected to empty dining room area.  Love the extra large window.  Big enough to put my backpack and books on it too.

Very convenient location.  Go for it. You'll love it

Thanks for the input, glad they have the glass door.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I use a rollater/walker and have had problems getting by the maid carts so not having that problem would be a big bonus.  I will definitely look into these cabins.  

On my last sailing on Brilliance, I stayed on the other side of guest services in 4561 (red oval in the deck plans), which is the first cabin from the guest services mid-ship... no door closed in the evening ...  VERY noisy! I would suspect the OV across from me at that location would have also been extremely noisy.

I agree with those who say this is a great location and set of cabins... we had an active CC & roll-call member stayed in one of the 4580-4590 cabins (green oval on the deck plans). He absolutely loved the cabin and location. The windows are larger than normal OV cabins, and the location was ultra-quiet with almost zero foot traffic & zero noise from the Centrum as the heavy doors were closed at all times.

serenade-of-the-seas-deck4.5hk4iw5r.png

Edited by Hoopster95

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

Just curious. Do these rooms exist on the other Radiance class ships or just on Serenade?

Yes.

For anyone interested, great YouTube video here... you can clearly see the main glass doorways into the hallway, and the size of the huge windows in these cabins.

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hoopster95 said:

Yes.

For anyone interested, great YouTube video here... you can clearly see the main glass doorways into the hallway, and the size of the huge windows in these cabins.

Very interesting.  Thanks for sharing. 

I'm suppose to be in cabin 4586 on jewel ots this week for baltic and next week for norway fjords sailing.   My brother and his were booked for 4588.  It was going to him and his wife's first cruise.  Love these cabins.  I have tried to keep them our little secret so they dont sell out but I had to share.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 8/11/2020 at 9:50 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm suppose to be in cabin 4586 on jewel ots this week for baltic and next week for norway fjords sailing.   My brother and his were booked for 4588.  It was going to him and his wife's first cruise.  Love these cabins.  I have tried to keep them our little secret so they dont sell out but I had to share.

Please let me know if there was a lot of noise from the centrum, we are booked in this room in July and I’m very worried about the location.  Thanks

12 minutes ago, Dee davis said:

Please let me know if there was a lot of noise from the centrum, we are booked in this room in July and I’m very worried about the location.  Thanks

No worries at all about noise in these cabins.     We have stayed in these cabins on both Serenade and Jewel and have always enjoyed the private hallway since there are only 6 or 8 cabins in this section.   

there is a glass door at the entrance to the Centrum from this section that you can close if it is not closed.    But even with it open you still won't hear noise.     Hope you love this section as much as we do.    Great location!!   Enjoy

The huge window is also very nice.  I stored my books and backpack on the window ledge.   

Edited by Sunshine3601

48 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

No worries at all about noise in these cabins.     We have stayed in these cabins on both Serenade and Jewel and have always enjoyed the private hallway since there are only 6 or 8 cabins in this section.   

there is a glass door at the entrance to the Centrum from this section that you can close if it is not closed.    But even with it open you still won't hear noise.     Hope you love this section as much as we do.    Great location!!   Enjoy

The huge window is also very nice.  I stored my books and backpack on the window ledge.   

Those were the original cabins we booked for world cruise

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Those were the original cabins we booked for world cruise

How much more is it costing you to move to the extra large outsides ones at the front of the  ship you have now?

Edited by Jimbo

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

How much more is it costing you to move to the extra large outsides ones at the front of the  ship you have now?

I forget exactly, it was Laura's cabin first. Plus the solo price throws ot off. 

Somewhere around 4 grand comes to mind. That may include the extra for solo.

Love the space, but distance is going to be a pain. The ones we're talking about here are a great location. And the cabin fixtures are virtually new compared to the rest of ship

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1