P&O Future Cruise Credits

Mrk2868

Like a lot of pople here my cruise has just been cancelled.  Does anyone know how long P&O take to apply a FCC to an account.  I have tried booking a replacement cruise for next year, and it's asking me for real money!  There is no option to apply a FCC.  From reading their FAQ it implies that it can take a while to apply a FFC to particular booking.

Edited by Mrk2868
Added extra

2 hours ago, Mrk2868 said:

Like a lot of pople here my cruise has just been cancelled.  Does anyone know how long P&O take to apply a FCC to an account.  I have tried booking a replacement cruise for next year, and it's asking me for real money!  There is no option to apply a FCC.  From reading their FAQ it implies that it can take a while to apply a FFC to particular booking.

It might be worth phoning  up to make the booking because then you can ask for the FCC to be applied or they will tell you how long before it is shown on your account

14 minutes ago, ann141 said:

It might be worth phoning  up to make the booking because then you can ask for the FCC to be applied or they will tell you how long before it is shown on your account

I have tried that.  They are saying it has to be done online.  I guess they are getting a lot of calls at present.  

I thought there was a (not easily found) screen on the P&O website, accessed from all the Covid blurb, where there is the option of filling in booking ref etc and then ticking a box saying you want to rebook and have them call you?  You could sort out the FCC then, even if only to get a promise that it will be around when you come to pay the balance (record the call, or record all details - time, agents name, what was agreed etc)

Edited by Eddie99

3 hours ago, Mrk2868 said:

I have tried that.  They are saying it has to be done online.  I guess they are getting a lot of calls at present.  

Strange, first I have heard about this, definitely many others have called and redeemed on the phone.

If I were you, I'd call P&O (direct) again, option 1 and just say that you are having real difficulties with the website crashing, and you don't want to miss out....they may be busy because of the extra 5% off....or, alternatively you have to book on the phone because...😉

There are all sorts of issues with the FCCs appearing on accounts automatically.

I cancelled my cruise when the balance was due in July.  Opted for a 110% for the deposit.  It never appeared.  Now they have cancelled the cruise, I have now put in for a refund.  So that'll confuse 'em!!  My cruise has always been available on CP, althoug my TA says it was cancelled.  We will see.

I found this on the P&O Website regarding FCC.

" We’re very sorry if you’ve not yet received your FCC. We are working hard to process all FCCs as quickly as possible but due to the extraordinary circumstances associated with COVID-19, we are dealing with unprecedented volumes. Please bear with us and thank you for your patience.

So this might explain why I can't any FCC's yet when I try and re-book for same time next year.  I want to get in before the prices rise more than they have already!  What it does not say if they will email me when my FCC have been processed, or an estimated timescale.  I'll probably try ringing them later today. 

Just been to My P&O Cruises.  It's as if the cruise cancellations on Tuesday had not happened.  The page still talks about customising your cruise etc.  No sign of the FCC that P&O are promising.  Whilst I know P&O are warning that it will take time to apply all the FCCs, I'm surprised it has not happened by now.  I'm guessing its a very manual process , and their computer systems were not  designed to do it on the scale they are now having to do it. 

I'd be interested to hear if hear from anyone with inside knowledge or if others are experiencing similar delays.  When I ring the call centre, and select option 1 (book direct) all I get is a recorded message. No option to talk to anyone.

Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but any idea when the cruises from March 2022 will be out. Am sure it has been September for the past 2 years. We are thinking of moving our cruise booked for Azura in April 2021 and use up our FCC from Oceana as well. 

I cancelled an April 2020 cruise on Ventura after balance due date and was promised 25% refund (promptly received) and 75% FCC which my travel agent was told would be credited within 72 hours. My May 2021 cruise on Oceana was then cancelled and I was given by default a FCC for my deposit. A couple of weeks ago I saw my travel agent to book a Jan 2022 cruise. He accessed my P&O account and found no cruise credit in respect of either cancellation, an issue which he is now pursuing with them.

3 hours ago, Denarius said:

I cancelled an April 2020 cruise on Ventura after balance due date and was promised 25% refund (promptly received) and 75% FCC which my travel agent was told would be credited within 72 hours. My May 2021 cruise on Oceana was then cancelled and I was given by default a FCC for my deposit. A couple of weeks ago I saw my travel agent to book a Jan 2022 cruise. He accessed my P&O account and found no cruise credit in respect of either cancellation, an issue which he is now pursuing with them.

That's what has happened to us - Our TA cannot see our 2 FCC's (one from Iona in  April and 1 from Oceana last month) and has no luck finding them from P&O. I wonder what happens if we want to use them when the 2022/23 cruises are available ?

All a bit of a mess really - the new 'see your FCC on the website' doesn't show our FCC's. They would have been better issuing vouchers which we could use when we need to. If our Feb cruise is cancelled I will get a refund, not playing the FCC game anymore.

2 hours ago, bee-ess said:

That's what has happened to us - Our TA cannot see our 2 FCC's (one from Iona in  April and 1 from Oceana last month) and has no luck finding them from P&O. I wonder what happens if we want to use them when the 2022/23 cruises are available ?

All a bit of a mess really - the new 'see your FCC on the website' doesn't show our FCC's. They would have been better issuing vouchers which we could use when we need to. If our Feb cruise is cancelled I will get a refund, not playing the FCC game anymore.

Not a cruise line but we had 2 issues with Hoseasons when we had to cancel / postpone 2 short breaks with them. They offered us a voucher for our cancelled breaks. Unfortunately, we had used their original system and moved one holiday to next October 2021 about 3 days before they changed the system so we used that voucher up for that break. The other voucher we were given a full refund. To be fair though, the UK tourist industry re self catering is probably in a better place than cruises at the minute

• Like 1