Has anyone received anything for free on Carnival, just by asking for it

drsel

I always ask my steward if they have any swag to hand out. Turns out they do. I have received a branded nite light, headphones, corkscrew, playing cards, belt, shower shoes, T shirt, laundry bag, drink tumblers, poker set, glass Horizon keychain, manicure set, cookies, strawberries, fruit basket, whale tail gummies, hats, lanyards, tiny bluetooth speaker, $125 spa card, steak dinners, wine, small towels, large towels, beer cozys, sun glasses, sewing kit, buttons, pens, and a round wood stationary kit. 

Just ask, be polite, and they will see what's in the "prize closet."

• Like 1

I was on pride out of Baltimore schedules to go to the Caribbean. Night before sailing at around 9pm while in hotel, received an email that bc of hurricane we were being rerouted to New England/ Canada and were offered option to cxl no cost. We decided to sail and asked if there were any balcony’s available as we had window at customer service once onboard.. they upgraded us for free as many people chose to not sail. After a day in New York they announced there was bad weather up north and were staying in port one more day and then sailing in ocean for 5 days and back to Baltimore (they received exemption from maritime people). We had fttf so after they made the announcement we went to customer service for them to push our steakhouse reservation so we could enjoy New York. We were in line for about 20 minutes as people were VERY upset (many New York residents upset they couldn’t walk off ship and go home... eventually maritime granted exemption and they could leave before the cruise to nowhere).

At customer service we were kind and they were happy they weren’t being yelled at when we just wanted dinner on another night. After exploring nyc we go back to our upgraded room and have free champagne and strawberries from guest services along w our new reservation. Show up the next night at steakhouse and customer service has paid for our meal and a bottle of wine. We then had a great 5 day cruise to nowhere with 50% capacity ship, $300 per person on board credit and 50% off cruise credit. It was amazing 

• Like 3

Even if you don't consider material gifts, all the crew and staff have given as a lot of free smiles, free welcomes and even remember us by first name.

All these things cost nothing but show their thoughtfulness and care.

4 hours ago, drsel said:

Even if you don't consider material gifts, all the crew and staff have given as a lot of free smiles, free welcomes and even remember us by first name.

All these things cost nothing but show their thoughtfulness and care.

Eh, that’s what they’re paid to do.

5 hours ago, drsel said:

I find it incredible that Carnival would actually give anyone a hard time.
From what we experienced, they have usually gone out of their way to be extra nice to us.

Generally speaking, yes. With that said, there’s no fail-proof method as you have the human factor involved. Cruising (and overall hospitality) is also very subjective and nobody will have the same onboard experience. For example, if there are 3000 passengers, there are 300 unique guest opportunities.

Back when I actually liked Carnival, I had an awesome cruise on the Destiny but someone posted on Cruise Critic about how awful the ship was and how bad of a time they had back in 2010. I didn’t understand how at that point but later, I had the opposite where I had an awful time on the Carnival Miracle — enough to push me to other cruise lines — while others who didn’t know the product had an amazing time. Everyone will experience things differently and form their own set of opinions.

It happens and there’s nothing you can do about it. Prior to that experience on the Miracle, I did have an incident as well with Carnival that was escalated to Vicky Rey.

Edited by xDisconnections

32 minutes ago, drsel said:

What was the incident that was escalated?
And what was your experience on Miracle that you did not like?

Those two items will not be published on Cruise Critic nor posted publicly on social media. Only a couple of members here and certain company representatives know the story and I’d like to keep it that way.

Sorry.

Edited by xDisconnections