Where was I?

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

OK that was unexpected😂. Don't have a lot of pics right now so, here is a well known place but seen in a different light:

20230613_175246.thumb.jpg.ab7767379c36437abdffc02aaaf20dd0.jpg

20230613_185337.thumb.jpg.b3e694b01700ad567b91275d982f28e9.jpg

20230613_191321.thumb.jpg.f2da9998717d2e5c4632abfd4baf235e.jpg

20230613_193620.thumb.jpg.837031b64667d41da90d5cc39fa048c0.jpg

The last photo of the archway looks familiar. Is it Brisbane Southbank?

35 minutes ago, Yaya_in_Oz said:

I like the last one 😎 I don't know where it is, maybe Sydney?

You're in the right city, now just need the place. The theme should be the clue🪴

I don't have a guess, just a comment. The fishing photo was very nice I thought. I was thrown by the number of people in the boat. Was it a fishing tour? We never actually talk much about the photo after it is guessed.

Is that light show always on in the evenings of whatever Botanical Gardens it is in Sydney? We would be interested in seeing it.

5 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I don't have a guess, just a comment. The fishing photo was very nice I thought. I was thrown by the number of people in the boat. Was it a fishing tour? We never actually talk much about the photo after it is guessed.

Is that light show always on in the evenings of whatever Botanical Gardens it is in Sydney? We would be interested in seeing it.

We were there in the Okavenga delta on safari for around 5  days, one excursion was fishing, 6 of us went in this particular boat and all had a turn (2 at a time fishing) . Everyone else had to enjoy the peace but also keep watch for Hippos as they like to maintain their territory. 2 of us caught fish but they were not big enough to keep for dinner. We had sundowners on our return on the banks of the island where we were staying.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

There are a few Botanical Gardens in Sydney so I will need a more specific answer😉

The Royal gardens wth lightscape show.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The Royal gardens wth lightscape show.

Nailed it. That was the answer I was looking for. Really great event during Vivid, this pics were from 2023.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

Pompeii, a cab ride from the Lupanar!

Or could be Hurculaneum, a longer ride from the Lupanar.

6 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

It is part of the Vivid Light festival. It is enchanting, there was one installation that depicted whales frolicking in the sea but only using lights and sound, it was mesmerising and my videos just don't do it justice. Some experiences only work in real life. Unfortunately though it only runs around end of May to beginning/middle of June. 

• Thanks 1