Where was I?

1 hour ago, Bowm54 said:

Yes in Bristol. The suspension chains were originally used to support the Hungerford bridge west of London.

The balloons in the photo are part of the annual Bristol balloon fiesta.

Great place 

1 hour ago, vada_9 said:

Is it the entrance to the underground bunker in Singapore? Not sure of name of park. Fort Canning Park

19 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Fort Canning, WW2 command bunker, Fort Canning Park Singapore, looks like it from memory.

Vada won.? But we could be wrong !!

Hmmmm

Fort Canning is the location

Singapore is the city

Actual name is the Battle Box. Indeed, the WWII allied command bunker leading up to the fall of Singapore. Very moving redevelopment. 

vada-9 is up.

Edited by Docker123
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, vada_9 said:

Have not been to the site in Singapore, but saw a photo in a recent trip report on the Princess page.

Here is a very easy one, photo taken last week. can you name where it was taken?

67CB368D-0099-4611-8386-62FE9640DE59.jpeg

Perigian Beach?

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

There is a howler monkey on the left, you would have seen a sloth as well but it was too quick.:classic_biggrin:

It’s doesn’t have to be to quick for me to miss it especially if I was at the bar getting another cocktail, yes that is the lock on the left what is the canal on the right

5 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

The right one is the Cocoli Locks ??

also the The West Tower on the bridge was built about 50 m inland to allow space for the future widening of the Panama Canal

Correct, that is on the Pacfic side, the new extension to the canal where all the mega ships go through and the big cruise ships.We where going across the new canal gate in a busIMG_8725.thumb.jpeg.faa2bd03c74769b9795901701b7da111.jpeg on the Atlantic side when this giant gas ship was coming through.

• Like 1

Having done the Panama Canal twice, on Coral Princess and Island Princess, 2006 and 2016, I can highly recommend it, second time the new big canal was open, saw some mega ships.  For those of you who have not done it, do it, so much history and mystique. 

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Mic has to work for a living you know Don. Not like us dinosaurs...

395547914_Tshirt.jpg.2458aafc8c15be90a46b911b04a5472d.jpg

Thanks Les.....  every day now seams the same with his lockdown

I just wan't sure as qbay46 seam to want more than Mic's answer Miraflores locks / lake, the bridge is the Centenary Bridge...

Just got a princess flyer in the mail......  Makes me start to think about FCD  I am getting back..

Cheers Don