Where was I?

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I have seen something similar in both Thailand near (Kanchanaburi) and Malaysia (near KK) as well as in PNG near Alatou. I think these are in China though.

Yes, in China, this may give you some idea of height taken during the drive to this location Unesco Site

2012-06 China Tom 972.jpg

27 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Marquesas Island, Mt Oave

Actually the archipelago is the Marquesas the island is Ua Pou the fact you got the name of the mountain is more than I could expect so I have to give it to you🤗. For the record on one of the rare days there are no clouds this is what you would see:

620380048_ScreenShot2020-10-10at3_03_35PM.thumb.png.6872b336b700f7ca634b2c3e004e1c40.png

Still a great place to visit, though very hot and humid even in winter, the short hike up to the cross on the hill was killer😖 but worth it for the view of the bay below:

875482575_ScreenShot2020-10-10at3_18_32PM.thumb.png.ad4127b42a2756e581c7ed90f424275c.png

We had some delicious food, watched their award winning dance troupe and got to try paddling a traditional Polynesian canoe. It is amazing the speed you can get😃

Edited by ilikeanswers

9 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

The second photo shows the Casa Leone Hotel which is in Chania   Crete

I read it is very good.... Don  

You got the lot, thought someone would google the hotel, we have been there twice and enjoyed walking around the water and finding something to eat.

10 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

You got the lot, thought someone would google the hotel, we have been there twice and enjoyed walking around the water and finding something to eat.

Yes you are right Googled the hotel........

Don

Edited by getting older slowly