NCL SKY 4-5 day cruise

cruisekitty22

2 hours ago, cruisekitty22 said:

Anyone been on this ship since the refurbishment? Is this a good ship for a short cruise?  I realize its an older ship. That is ok. Looking for opinions.

I sailed on her last year. Very nice job inside. Not sure about the cabins. we stayed in the owners suite and you can’t complain about that. I love that size ship because I have trouble walking so it’s a perfect size for me. 

I sailed on her for 5 days over Super bowl weekend this year. 

I really liked the ship l and thought the reno was very nice. Only thing that was frustrating is there is no sit down place for lunch (except on sea days). Our choices were the buffet(s) or La Cucina had pizza. Since they were feeding everyone, they were very busy. I thought the Local might be open, but they only opened for dinner to late night food.

Other than that I enjoyed her and would sail on her again. 

The Sky is a great ship especially for short cruises.  She was great before refurbishment so now she looks even better.  My peeve with NCL is that the Sky is taking some longer cruises in the upcoming year 7-11 night cruises and I disagree with the price.  NCL is pricing the same as if it was the Escape or something.  YES, some people prefer to cruise on smaller ships.  However, you cant compare the Sky and Escape yet the pricing on those longer cruises is almost the same.  

Sorry for the drift off topic but yes the Sky is wonderful for short cruises.

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

My Son and some of his friends did a three day Sky cruise a few years ago.  They said the ship was loaded with drunks and one of the worst cruises they ever had.

That was probably the time when drinks were included in their cruise package. They have stopped that because of the problems with drunks. 

I've been on a 5 day cruise on the sister ship, The Sun, had a great time.  It was when the drinks were included, and we were able to upgrade to the extra special package for 6 bucks a day or so,  we about drank them out of Whistle Pig on that one.  All the water was included, sparkling etc...others wondered why we weren't charged...I told them to UPGRADE.  

The outside forward viewing area on the Sun was spectacular.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

On 8/24/2020 at 9:52 AM, cruisekitty22 said:

Anyone been on this ship since the refurbishment? Is this a good ship for a short cruise?  I realize its an older ship. That is ok. Looking for opinions.

The sky is a great party ship! Lots of younger people and drunks. Have a great time!