Solo Cruiser During Christmas - San Francisco to Hawaii

rayandshirl

I have sailed from LA and San Francisco to Hawaii during the Christmas holidays with family.  This year I would be sailing alone which I have done in the past and enjoyed but never during Christmas.  The ship is always festive but I wonder if there would be any difficulty in sharing a table in the dining room traveling alone during such a family event.

29 minutes ago, rayandshirl said:

I have sailed from LA and San Francisco to Hawaii during the Christmas holidays with family.  This year I would be sailing alone which I have done in the past and enjoyed but never during Christmas.  The ship is always festive but I wonder if there would be any difficulty in sharing a table in the dining room traveling alone during such a family event.

Do you really think there will be any cruises in 2020 ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Assuming there will be December 2020 cruises, I would think that during the pandemic it could be difficult to share any dining table with anyone that isn't immediate family. 

You do know that all Princess cruises through December 14 have been canceled.  I expect the next pause will be into the 1st 2 months  or so of 2021. Maybe we will have a vaccine but then

14 hours ago, memoak said:

Do you really think there will be any cruises in 2020 ?

Only the Magic 8 Ball ( https://magic-8ball.com/ ) may know the true answer, but Jan Swartz said Thursday that they are still hopeful cruises can restart starting December 15.

Main factors that influence this are availability of testing and willingness of ports to allow cruise ships there.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, rayandshirl said:

Thank you all for your replies.  I let my day dreaming escape to my keyboard.  The thought and image of being back on the ocean got the better of me.  Apologies to all.

Don't let them get to you. How's it on the other side of the bridge? Fare okay through all that smoke?? And glad to see that you made 3 of the criteria to get off Newsom's 'list,' we have as well ....

11 hours ago, caribill said:

Only the Magic 8 Ball ( https://magic-8ball.com/ ) may know the true answer, but Jan Swartz said Thursday that they are still hopeful cruises can restart starting December 15.

Main factors that influence this are availability of testing and willingness of ports to allow cruise ships there.

The first cruise line that sails is taking a real risk. If there is an outbreak it could be years before people will trust cruising again 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 4:39 PM, rayandshirl said:

Thank you all for your replies.  I let my day dreaming escape to my keyboard.  The thought and image of being back on the ocean got the better of me.  Apologies to all.

No problem your Apologies accepted 😁
The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

On 8/27/2020 at 10:06 AM, rayandshirl said:

In normal times you would find a family that would invite you to join them but I doubt there will be any cruises this December.  If somehow there is a cruise I suspect groups of people would be kept isolated and you would be a group of one.

On 8/27/2020 at 1:39 PM, rayandshirl said:

No apologies needed.  There is nothing wrong with dreaming, and hoping.  Since you have made that cruise before, albeit not alone, I'm sure you know in your heart that under normal conditions, you would not have any problems sharing a table in the dining room.  You would be welcome anywhere.  Today?  That is a fair question.

• Like 1

I've sailed at Christmas alone five times, and each time was assigned a table in Traditional Dining with other people.  One was a very large table with two families, an older couple, and me.  I've also been at tables of just single people and singles and a few couples.  On my Hawaii cruise, it was actually a table for 8 but only three of us were there each night . . . me and two men.  Handsome guys, too.  I could tell I was the envy of a table full of single women nearby!  Wait, what was my point?  Oh, yeah, I remember:  at least in Traditional Dining, you needn't worry -- sharing is still the norm, no matter the season.  Enjoy; it was a phenomenal cruise!

• Like 1