Who else is booked on a November 2020 cruise?

brenderlou

On 9/11/2020 at 10:09 AM, BecAus said:

Waiting here as well.....

I had a NRD for our TP cruise from Hawaii to Sydney on 27 Sept, 2020.  To avoid paying final but not losing our NRD I moved the deposit to a 3n cruise departing Sydney 13 Nov, 2020.  I paid final on this one as it was only 1K compared to paying out 10K on the other one.

As Hogbay mentioned above, Govt has extended the ban.  Royal is very well aware of this because the next day they removed all the Australian cruises on the site prior to 17 December.

I have still not been notified my cruise is cancelled.  They are being very slow and dragging their feet about updating their website, which still says Australian cruises suspended till 31 October I believe.

Obviously they are delaying as long as possible before having to offer refunds for these cancelled cruises.

Hoping it will be very soon as I am waiting to see if they will refund my whole 1K payment as a full cash refund now which is what I'm hoping for, waiting waiting.........

Australian website updated today stating that the Australian cruises are cancelled through Dec 31, 2020.

Received my cancellation email from Royal this morning.

Couldn't submit refund request through online form so rang and got straight through and requested refund of cancelled cruise. Told to expect in 45 days.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, BecAus said:

Australian website updated today stating that the Australian cruises are cancelled through Dec 31, 2020.

Received my cancellation email from Royal this morning.

Couldn't submit refund request through online form so rang and got straight through and requested refund of cancelled cruise. Told to expect in 45 days.

Just reading on FB about the Australian cruise cancellations. Expecting to soon hear that US November cruises will be cancelled. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

Just reading on FB about the Australian cruise cancellations. Expecting to soon hear that US November cruises will be cancelled. 

The Australian cancellations may have no bearing on the rest of the world - that was just RCI reaction to last week's declaration by the Aussie gov't of a further extension of their own cruise no sail order.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep, I feel a bit sad about it but it was inevitable.  There is no appetite down here to allow any cruise ships in, particularly since we had a serious second wave in Melbourne over the last two months.

This season is done and dusted. I have my fingers crossed that things will improve next year and we will be able to have our cruise season starting next September.

We have a NZ cruise booked for Jan '22 (the next time we are able to cruise time-wise), something to look forward to and very much hoping everything will be back to some sort of normality by then!

• Like 1

On 9/5/2020 at 2:13 PM, karena1 said:

If they go, we will book a 11/20 3 night cruise on Navigator.  Just have to wait and see what happens.  A crew member friend of ours will be back on the ship so want to cruise and also see him

And my eyes are crossed as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1