Royal Carribean Group

Chiliburn

WOW.........I understand some people being upset because their cruise has been cancelled, moved or  changed but surely it is understandable  that Royal and other cruise lines, considering a circumstance which was no fault of theirs, would be in a world of pain and uncertainty not knowing when where and how theIr reason for existence ,the cruise industry, will restart.  The fact that they have to move ships dates or ports as circumstance dictate is not surprising and I am sure they would not just make these changes on a whim and after a year or more of no income,  I cannot  blame them for trying to take  the best  financial option, if that is the case. We on the outside are not aware of what restrictions, rules or requirements will be enforced and what those implications will mean to the cruise lines so maybe a bit of slack could be cut for them until they can sort all this out.

8 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

WOW.........I understand some people being upset because their cruise has been cancelled, moved or  changed but surely it is understandable  that Royal and other cruise lines, considering a circumstance which was no fault of theirs, would be in a world of pain and uncertainty not knowing when where and how theIr reason for existence ,the cruise industry, will restart.  The fact that they have to move ships dates or ports as circumstance dictate is not surprising and I am sure they would not just make these changes on a whim and after a year or more of no income,  I cannot  blame them for trying to take  the best  financial option, if that is the case. We on the outside are not aware of what restrictions, rules or requirements will be enforced and what those implications will mean to the cruise lines so maybe a bit of slack could be cut for them until they can sort all this out.

But graham I’ve read A report that of one person said they canceled their cruise and if they want the same suite it’s going to be a extra $US7000.
That was on the Quantum repo.

18 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

But graham I’ve read A report that of one person said they canceled their cruise and if they want the same suite it’s going to be a extra $US7000.
That was on the Quantum repo.

Did you ever think that maybe if they don’t make some of these  changes ie:itinerary / price etc that there may be  no cruise  industry to complain about. They know without passengers they have no future so would not take these steps if not necessary. These are unprecedented times. 

2 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Did you ever think that maybe if they don’t make some of these  changes ie:itinerary / price etc that there may be  no cruise  industry to complain about. They know without passengers they have no future so would not take these steps if not necessary. These are unprecedented times. 

I agree everyone is confused and frustrated.

I just had one cruise canceled and I’m pretty sure there’s another in a week or so.

And then the pore old agent has to sort things out and probably doesn’t get paid for it.

Its troubled times 

16 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I agree everyone is confused and frustrated.

I just had one cruise canceled and I’m pretty sure there’s another in a week or so.

And then the pore old agent has to sort things out and probably doesn’t get paid for it.

Its troubled times 

So where’s the point emailing Royal to complain?

17 minutes ago, phoenixxx said:

I haven't minced my words, he'll be in no doubt about my feelings 😥🤣

You will get a response.

If people don’t say anything they will keep rubbing their costumers up the wrong way and take their refund somewhere else.

I would be interested in seeing their reply.

Well 

I have emailed Miami 3 times and the response was short and positive.

If you call or email sydney you are usually transferred to a overseas call centre,Philippines I think.

English isn’t their first language and they usually have to ask a supervisor.Just a waste of time.

The Americans are getting a onboard credit for their inconvenience .

Whats the old saying,the squeaky wheel gets the oil ,or in this case the OBC.

22 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Well 

I have emailed Miami 3 times and the response was short and positive.

If you call or email sydney you are usually transferred to a overseas call centre,Philippines I think.

English isn’t their first language and they usually have to ask a supervisor.Just a waste of time.

The Americans are getting a onboard credit for their inconvenience .

Whats the old saying,the squeaky wheel gets the oil ,or in this case the OBC.

You can get all the OBC in the world but if the cruise lines cannot change their plans to adapt to what is happening in the fear that they may upset a few selfish people then there may not be any cruise lines to whinge to.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Captain Kate’s cat ,FF757C05-CEEB-4472-9CC2-D752A351952D.thumb.png.c403d4581f01d5ce2bed87abf30ddb0f.pngbug naked even has is own Facebook and instagram.

Ugliest cat I ever saw, if I saw that on a ship I would have to throw it over the side, even if it is the Captains moggy. Bug Naked, OTT IMO.  The Yanks love Capt Kate and Bug Naked, they are on Youtube.

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I think after the captain was finished with you.You would jump .

She seems nice, I just don't like the look of that cat, I do like normal cats.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

You can get all the OBC in the world but if the cruise lines cannot change their plans to adapt to what is happening in the fear that they may upset a few selfish people then there may not be any cruise lines to whinge to.

So Graham.

What is my best idea so far?

1)  Sending a whinging email to Michael Bayley  
2)  A water slide from the airport to the in rod we trust port Botany cruise terminal?

23 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

So Graham.

2)  A water slide from the airport to the in rod we trust port Botany cruise terminal?

Move over from the dark side at RCI to Princess Cruise Lines.😆And come back new.

th.jpg.3ff307dc1f623e5d5dfbed3504733bd4.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Who knows if any will be still in business soon ,uncle Less.

I wouldn’t mind trying Richard Branson’s Virgin but they don’t have water slides.

Or Rock Climbing walls, or dodgem cars or Johnny Rockets, or shopping malls.

Edited by NSWP

34 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

So Graham.

Hard to pick...they both have the same merit. 🤔