Royal Carribean Group

Chiliburn

18 hours ago, Roger88 said:

These regulations on board seem just fine to me. I always sintezie my hands when I leave home and enter a supermarket or a mall. So it will make no difference really. Moreover, people will appreciate the fact that their freedom is not prohibited in any way but rather taken care of. So yes, I totally accept all these new buffet regulations

Security officers required at buffet entrance to enforce the grubs who don't washy washy and don't sanitise.  We have all seen those species on the ships, running for the buffet before it runs out of tucker.😮

14 minutes ago, Cruisegroover said:

I see the Brisbane Ports have removed Radiance of the Seas from the shipping schedule for 2021/22 and put in Quantum of the Seas in her place.

And some people on the TP Hawaii to Sydney are saying the QOS cruise has been shortened taking out NZ stops and arriving into Brisbane instead of Sydney. I can't see that cruise on the Royal website. Both QOS and ROS cruises for 21/22 are still the same on the website.

Who knows what is up and no doubt it could be something and could be nothing. Time will tell.

Yes there’s been some talk about it.And people are confused.

I think it’s genuine because Brisbane has booked Quantum for the 2022/2023 season.

Excellent video. Shows how the entire operation relies on a regular supply chain.....and therein lies the scary part .....that chain is broken and regular cruising will not begin until that supply starts flowing again .Thats why I predict Australian cruising will be amongst the last to resume.

2 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Excellent video. Shows how the entire operation relies on a regular supply chain.....and therein lies the scary part .....that chain is broken and regular cruising will not begin until that supply starts flowing again .Thats why I predict Australian cruising will be amongst the last to resume.

It would have to be the biggest single food preparation that I can think of. 
‘Even Disney World has multiple contractors .

And as you said they can’t just turn a switch on and let’s start cruises tomorrow.

Not a merger. It was announced a month or so back that they had collaborated, and as an industry wide issue it makes sense - in some ways it's better to have a collaborative approach to the regulators rather than differing views on health and safety. Questions back then were why Carnival were going separately but I gues they didn't agree fully on approach.

4 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Not a merger. It was announced a month or so back that they had collaborated, and as an industry wide issue it makes sense - in some ways it's better to have a collaborative approach to the regulators rather than differing views on health and safety. Questions back then were why Carnival were going separately but I gues they didn't agree fully on approach.

I don’t know The_Big_M .

What does your brother @gbenjosay about this.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t know The_Big_M .

What does your brother @gbenjosay about this.

The explanation I saw elsewhere was that senior executive at both RC and NCL had previously worked together and saw an opportunity to halve the costs.

Doesn't complete stop the conjecture that NCL are the most vulnerable of the major cruise companies and that RC are posturing themselves for first dibs at a firewall.

Serenade top/bottom itinerary still on the web site. Final payment comes due the first of November. If it's going to cancel, hoping we're notified before that. Spent over 8K on non-refundable flights via Air Canada too. If Aus borders remain closed, hoping for a refund, not a credit. Not looking forward to those multiple phone conversations. However, we did transfer the booking to a TA, so shouldn't she be the one to make all of those phone calls for us?

If a miracle does happen and we are allowed to take our Aus/NZ cruise in Feb/March 2021, we'll be ready to go!

Cheers to all!

3 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Serenade top/bottom itinerary still on the web site. Final payment comes due the first of November. If it's going to cancel, hoping we're notified before that. Spent over 8K on non-refundable flights via Air Canada too. If Aus borders remain closed, hoping for a refund, not a credit. Not looking forward to those multiple phone conversations. However, we did transfer the booking to a TA, so shouldn't she be the one to make all of those phone calls for us?

If a miracle does happen and we are allowed to take our Aus/NZ cruise in Feb/March 2021, we'll be ready to go!

Cheers to all!

Serenade is still in the Caribbean, I’m pretty confident that cruise won’t be happening and you won’t be allowed into Australia SilkySal.

All I had to do is email my agent and wait a month for Royal to process a credit. But 8K in airfares is a worry.

15 hours ago, banzaii said:

The explanation I saw elsewhere was that senior executive at both RC and NCL had previously worked together and saw an opportunity to halve the costs.

Doesn't complete stop the conjecture that NCL are the most vulnerable of the major cruise companies and that RC are posturing themselves for first dibs at a firewall.

If anything like that was to happen (NCL to go bankrupt),  all parties (not just RCL) would look at the situation and assess. 

Given RCL just raised another $1bn, and only have funds to last them through another year, and have already put ships into cold layup, I can't see that they're in a growth mode looking at spending some readies buying NCL's ships or any other assets. 

And mergers themselves have their own upfront costs - the 'savings' are down the line - so I'd rate it in a general sense highly unlikely in the current environment.

On 10/14/2020 at 3:56 PM, Chiliburn said:

Serenade is still in the Caribbean, I’m pretty confident that cruise won’t be happening and you won’t be allowed into Australia SilkySal.

All I had to do is email my agent and wait a month for Royal to process a credit. But 8K in airfares is a worry.

I forgot to mention that I booked our flights through RCCL's Air2Sea program and, even though they were non-refundable, I would hope that RCCL will step up and refund us, especially if borders remain closed to U.S. citizens. Thanks for your input!

There’s signs that Royal will return to California.

Theres some regular port bookings for freedom of the seas.

My bet is they are a place holder for one of the Quantum class, Freedom would have to go right around the world because I don’t think it can go through the Panama Canal.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23684-royal-caribbean-evaluating-west-coast-cruise-program.html

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Would it fit through the new locks .?

Someone said it won’t go under the bridge of America’s.

And I believe it doesn’t have the ability to hook up to shore power,which is a California requirement.

My thoughts are a bit extreme.

I don’t think wonder will go to China and maybe a few ships will be moved around.

China is threatening to detain US and other foreign nationals for a couple of different reasons.

No responsible company would send their employees there.

On 10/18/2020 at 3:21 AM, SilkySal said:

I forgot to mention that I booked our flights through RCCL's Air2Sea program and, even though they were non-refundable, I would hope that RCCL will step up and refund us, especially if borders remain closed to U.S. citizens. Thanks for your input!

I would be waiting for RC to cancel SilkySal. 
Get your 125% credit for another cruise , maybe a transpacific from Brisbane to LA ??