Royal Carribean Group

Chiliburn

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

The way I read it booking made before today?

Thats 4 points a night if you have a suite.

B470E9A5-4593-4C30-9DC0-D0130024EB4C.thumb.jpeg.48591a4f30ef0b7a050150d8cb9d52cc.jpeg

Couple of things:

1.   2x applies to all eligible sailings - what are eligible sailings?

2.   In the past when they apply double points, a suite only generated 3 points.  Logic was that a suite gives you 1 point per night plus 1 bonus point per night.  2x only doubles the point per night then adds the bonus points = 3 points per night.

I appear Royal Caribbean has announced for 21/22 season  that Quantum is going to Brisbane and will be doing Radiance cruises.

Sydney gets Ovation and  serenade (serenade is still in the Caribbean)

and Radiance goes to the Caribbean. 

58 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I appear Royal Caribbean has announced for 21/22 season  that Quantum is going to Brisbane and will be doing Radiance cruises.

Sydney gets Ovation and  serenade (serenade is still in the Caribbean)

and Radiance goes to the Caribbean. 

Just got an email this morning, my April 2022 Transpacific Sydney to Honolulu on Quantum has been cancelled 😭😭 why would they not run it out of Brisbane? Would it not be returning to US?

On 10/20/2020 at 9:16 PM, banzaii said:

Couple of things:

2.   In the past when they apply double points, a suite only generated 3 points.  Logic was that a suite gives you 1 point per night plus 1 bonus point per night.  2x only doubles the point per night then adds the bonus points = 3 points per night.

I says on the Australia website all 2021 sailings.A266EF3A-54A6-4B79-932F-784E8309312A.thumb.png.ca0521e489626881ec4072025ae41850.png

1 minute ago, phoenixxx said:

Just got an email this morning, my April 2022 Transpacific Sydney to Honolulu on Quantum has been cancelled 😭😭 why would they not run it out of Brisbane? Would it not be returning to US?

I believe it’s going back to Alaska but a different itinerary?

I would contact who you booked with and transfer if that’s what you want.

On 10/20/2020 at 9:16 PM, banzaii said:

Couple of things:

It seems it’s double the total points you would have received.on all 2021 departures.

solo in a solo cabin       2

solo in a double cabin.  4

standard                          2
standard suite.               4

Solo in a suite.                6

image.thumb.jpeg.c3b2669013e4675dde61eba5267d48b3.jpeg

Edited by Chiliburn

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Who is getting emails that their 2021-2022 cruises have been canceled?

It looks like they are breaking up the longer cruises.

Whats going on??

I suspect they see longer cruises as more susceptible to an onboard outbreak.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Who is getting emails that their 2021-2022 cruises have been canceled?

It looks like they are breaking up the longer cruises.

Whats going on??

Oh dear, not the Coral Princess Worldie. Half of CC are booked on it.😭Just RCI ?

Edited by NSWP

25 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Oh dear, not the Coral Princess Worldie. Half of CC are booked on it.😭Just RCI ?

Sorry to frighten everybody, I just  realised this is the RCI thread, so The dark side is doing this? Not my beloved Princess Cruise Lines.

th.jpg.3ff307dc1f623e5d5dfbed3504733bd4.jpg

Edited by NSWP

34 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Sorry to frighten everybody, I just  realised this is the RCI thread, so The dark side is doing this? Not my beloved Princess Cruise Lines.

th.jpg.3ff307dc1f623e5d5dfbed3504733bd4.jpg

Uncle Les you’re not going to get your double Crown and Anchor poiimage.gif.d658d446f6a4f119fa94b8de9fc9d84b.gifimage.thumb.jpeg.c3b2669013e4675dde61eba5267d48b3.jpegnts 

Edited by Chiliburn

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Uncle Les you’re not going to get your double Crown and Anchor poiimage.gif.d658d446f6a4f119fa94b8de9fc9d84b.gifimage.thumb.jpeg.c3b2669013e4675dde61eba5267d48b3.jpegnts 

I would be steerage on RCI, eating rice an noodles in crew mess. Never been on their vessels. I should give them a try.

10 hours ago, NSWP said:

I would be steerage on RCI, eating rice an noodles in crew mess. Never been on their vessels. I should give them a try.

Can’t hurt to give them a go if itinerary and price suit. We didn’t mind them too much, a younger crowd than Princess which has positives and negatives. If I cruise again I’d probably look at them.

• Like 1

Quantum Transpacific April 2022 is now sailing out of Brisbane instead of Sydney. My Cruise has been cancelled. No option offered to still sail with the different departure port. You have to make a new booking, price is now NZD2200 MORE than I paid. Or I can sail on Ovation out of Sydney for $2800 more!

This can only be a money grabbing exercise. I am disgusted by this. So angry😡😡

11 hours ago, phoenixxx said:

Quantum Transpacific April 2022 is now sailing out of Brisbane instead of Sydney. My Cruise has been cancelled. No option offered to still sail with the different departure port. You have to make a new booking, price is now NZD2200 MORE than I paid. Or I can sail on Ovation out of Sydney for $2800 more!

So wrong, all these changes and  price gouging.  Huge price hike.

Edited by NSWP

13 hours ago, phoenixxx said:

I’m expecting a 2nd cruise to NZ to be canceled next week.

I won’t be giving them any more money if that happens and I’ll wait 2 months for a refund.

8 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I’m expecting a 2nd cruise to NZ to be canceled next week.

I won’t be giving them any more money if that happens and I’ll wait 2 months for a refund.

I’ve been less than impressed with a few companies behaviour over cancellations, taking forever to cancel (ie waiting till after final payment) and then forever and a day to refund and crazy high prices on future cruises. Sure they are probably haemorrhaging money, but so are many of us whose money they are hanging onto. Wonder if cruisers will remember this once Covid is behind us.

22 hours ago, phoenixxx said:

I can understand why you are both disgusted and angry

I would phone the cruise line again and ask for a transfer to Brisbane departure free of extra charge.  I would also write to someone in charge.  They are burning good will.  People won't forget this price gouging in relation to cancellation of cruises when departure port is changed from Sydney to Brisbane.  Is it the same cruise, except from Brisbane?

19 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I would phone the cruise line again and ask for a transfer to Brisbane departure free of extra charge.  I would also write to someone in charge.  They are burning good will.  People won't forget this price gouging in relation to cancellation of cruises when departure port is changed from Sydney to Brisbane.  Is it the same cruise, except from Brisbane?

That’s a good point, I’m glade you bought it up.

Here’s the Royal Caribbean Group’s big boss email. mbayley@rccl.com

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

It is exactly the same, except departure port. Can't understand why they are willing to alienate their customers like this 😡😡😡

42 minutes ago, phoenixxx said:

It is exactly the same, except departure port. Can't understand why they are willing to alienate their customers like this 😡😡😡

It wasn't long ago, passengers would be given OBC for the inconvenience of a Sydney to Brisbane return flight!  Follow up re transfer to Brisbane departure with no extra cost!  Right is on your side!

10 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

It wasn't long ago, passengers would be given OBC for the inconvenience of a Sydney to Brisbane return flight!  Follow up re transfer to Brisbane departure with no extra cost!  Right is on your side!

I'm in Auckland so it to matters not to me that it's sailing out of Brisbane, it's the clear price gouging that I have issue with! FFS it's the same Cruise, just different departure port and they expect us to believe it's been cancelled! It's even leaving on the same day!

2 minutes ago, phoenixxx said:

I'm in Auckland so it to matters not to me that it's sailing out of Brisbane, it's the clear price gouging that I have issue with! FFS it's the same Cruise, just different departure port and they expect us to believe it's been cancelled! It's even leaving on the same day!

I've heard people have had success writing to Cruiseline's Facebook page.  I prefer to write direct to the people in charge pointing out the risk of them loosing good will!

• Like 1