Royal Carribean Group

Chiliburn

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I wonder if there’s negotiations going on with our government?

It’s wishful thinking but it would be good to see a ship in Sydney and Brisbane early next year.

Hey ,I would even get on a carnival ship .

To do this they may need to swap a few ships around,cancel a few scheduled cruises change ports etc to make it all possible...is that OK with you or would you like them to throw in some OBC just to keep you happy?🤑🤑

55 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

To do this they may need to swap a few ships around,cancel a few scheduled cruises change ports etc to make it all possible...is that OK with you or would you like them to throw in some OBC just to keep you happy?🤑🤑

Well , I don’t think finding a empty ship would be a real problem.

‘They May as well cancel this season because it’s not going to happen.They just don’t want to give people’s money back.

Bring ovation down from Singapore and do some short cruises to Eden as a test.

The OBC I feel is a good idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Well , I don’t think finding a empty ship would be a real problem.

‘They May as well cancel this season because it’s not going to happen.They just don’t want to give people’s money back.

Bring ovation down from Singapore and do some short cruises to Eden as a test.

The OBC I feel is a good idea.

Do you like a bit of ye olde OBC young fella? 

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Can you change your CC screen name?

I think `On Board Credit‘ would have a ca-ching .

Cannot do that mate, I have been NSWP since I joined CC in 2006.

NSWP = New South Wales Person or Nice Sailing With Princess, take your pick.🤣

Where is Rod, I need help !!

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, NSWP said:

I believe the CDC is releasing cruise ship health and safety protocols this weekend.  That will make interesting reading after perusing the Healthy Sail Panel recommendations to CDC, like masks, social distancing, ship shorex only, no self serve buffets, etc, etc.

12 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I wonder if there’s negotiations going on with our government?

It’s wishful thinking but it would be good to see a ship in Sydney and Brisbane early next year.

Hey ,I would even get on a carnival ship .

CDC has also placed level 3 restriction on cruising, making it all but impossible to obtain travel insurance.

9 hours ago, banzaii said:

CDC has also placed level 3 restriction on cruising, making it all but impossible to obtain travel insurance.

Weren’t one of the cruise lines going to give a limited cover?

Like so much for medical and quarantine hotel ,travel?

A interesting statistic I heard the other day was half the bankruptcies in the U.S. are are from medical expenses.
A typical case was a woman’s husband died from the virus and the hospital gave her a million dollar bill.

10 hours ago, banzaii said:

Therein lies the problem. I think the complimentary premium credit card travel insurance will go. The underwriters will be hitting the  banks up for too much money.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Therein lies the problem. I think the complimentary premium credit card travel insurance will go. The underwriters will be hitting the  banks up for too much money.

They would have to work something out uncle Les,otherwise people won’t get on the ship.

I used to take the risk on a short domestic cruise ,but when there was a helicopter evacuation just of the coast. Not anymore.

28 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

They would have to work something out uncle Les,otherwise people won’t get on the ship.

I used to take the risk on a short domestic cruise ,but when there was a helicopter evacuation just of the coast. Not anymore.

Travellers might just to have pay the money for real insurance. Like last year, Noordam, Sydney to Hawaii then 10 days in Hawaii. I was declined ANZ Platinum CC free travel insurance because of existing conditions. So had to cough up $2500 for insurance policy via NRMA/Covermore.

15 hours ago, banzaii said:

It looks like RC is covering the Singapore cruises up to $US20,000 for medical,Quarantine and travel home.

59 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It looks like RC is covering the Singapore cruises up to $US20,000 for medical,Quarantine and travel home.

I think I would like a bit more than 20K for medical expenses, quarantine, trip home etc. Singapore is not cheap. 

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I think I would like a bit more than 20K for medical expenses, quarantine, trip home etc. Singapore is not cheap. 

It’s just for the Singapore locals.

And a example of what we may expect if if there’s a trial run.

But 20K isn’t much with the American system ,your children could lose their house.

31 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It’s just for the Singapore locals.

And a example of what we may expect if if there’s a trial run.

But 20K isn’t much with the American system ,your children could lose their house.

Makes sense then, cruise for locals.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

It’s not the credit card insurance that worries me, but the likely increase in general travel insurance costs.

Amen to that mate, I have been declined the free CC travel insurance for the last couple of years and purchasing travel insurance for me is getting very costly.  I fear my big travel days are all over, red rover.

1 hour ago, nnps said:

Wow, cruises for just 12 hours. Would you even need a cabin? No luggage so quick embarkation, but still....  A bit like a long Manly ferry trip.

I queried that before and got corrected on here, the 12 hours is the number of hours in port following arrival and before departure.  EG World dream they are 2-3 day cruises.

Edited by NSWP

12 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Amen to that mate, I have been declined the free CC travel insurance for the last couple of years and purchasing travel insurance for me is getting very costly.  I fear my big travel days are all over, red rover.

Your fear is real.  I had trouble getting any travel insurance for a land trip to USA for my MIL before Covid, as she was in her 80s.  I eventually got an expensive policy with an exclusion, which I didn't bother to read as she was going with her eldest son anyway!  She is still fit and well at 98!

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Your fear is real.  I had trouble getting any travel insurance for a land trip to USA for my MIL before Covid, as she was in her 80s.  I eventually got an expensive policy with an exclusion, which I didn't bother to read as she was going with her eldest son anyway!  She is still fit and well at 98!

We had to pay $2500 in May last year for Noordam, Sydney to Honolulu - 14 days and 10 days in Waikikki.  Soon as you mention, age over 70, pre existing heart conditions and the good old USA, insurance prices skyrocket.

Good to hear your MIL is still going well at 98, a very good innings indeed, hope she makes a century.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 1:08 PM, NSWP said:

Cannot do that mate, I have been NSWP since I joined CC in 2006.

NSWP = New South Wales Person or Nice Sailing With Princess, take your pick.🤣

Where is Rod, I need help !!

And I thought it was NSWPolice!