How to hide a cruise from my mother?

rae.holmes

Hey yall, 

I wanted to get some advice. I am wanting to book a cruise for my mom. She has taken me on a dozen or so cruises and have paid for them all, I would like to take her and pay for it myself. I know if she knew I was planning one she would try to contribute. On the Carnival site, can I add her information and cruise number without her knowing about it. My fear is she will log in to your profile, which she does regularly, or will receive emails from carnival. Is there a way around this? 

Thanks in advance! 

13 hours ago, rae.holmes said:

Hey yall, 

I wanted to get some advice. I am wanting to book a cruise for my mom. She has taken me on a dozen or so cruises and have paid for them all, I would like to take her and pay for it myself. I know if she knew I was planning one she would try to contribute. On the Carnival site, can I add her information and cruise number without her knowing about it. My fear is she will log in to your profile, which she does regularly, or will receive emails from carnival. Is there a way around this? 

Thanks in advance! 

Don’t bring up your cruise in your Carnival web page. Make sure your email is the only one they have. Delete any emails ASAP.  Eventually you will have to bring your cruise up in the web site to complete your boarding pass info. Good luck hiding the cruise.

15 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Book it without her VIFP number or her name as TBD until final payment.

That’s the way I always book cruises online...I book the cruise under my name and add my wife’s name at some point in the future. No reason why, I just started doing it at some point and now I do it for every cruise. 

Everytime I book for hubby and myself, I always leave his name as TBD and add it just before final payment.  That way if he pisses me off, I can take my BFF!!!  hahahaha... just kidding!!  But no really,  I have done that on the last 3 I booked.  He just tells me he is along for the ride.. lol.

On 9/15/2020 at 2:19 PM, chasinraynbowz said:

Everytime I book for hubby and myself, I always leave his name as TBD and add it just before final payment.  That way if he pisses me off, I can take my BFF!!!  hahahaha... just kidding!!  But no really,  I have done that on the last 3 I booked.  He just tells me he is along for the ride.. lol.

When doing this, you dont have to pay the name change fee?