Is Platinum level worth booking 9 nights?

marybeealex

On 9/16/2020 at 6:23 PM, yogimax said:

Be careful what you say... they may cut us back to 2.

Ooohh...man!!  Hope not!  😞  Then I guess I will just have to go to the Platinum lounge for extra wine.    😄 🤣😆

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 1

On 9/16/2020 at 6:10 PM, firefly333 said:

I'm sure I went and the diamond lounge with hot snacks was in the other lounge. I was emerald by then, not diamond.

Maybe it wasnt official idk, but I'm sure I went to the lounge and got free wine and it was a rcl ship and held in a lounge up like deck 13 with a great view of the pools and ocean. I didnt imagine going. Lots of people want to say i imagined it and never happened. I am sure it did and that it was rcl and I wasnt quite diamond yet so couldn't go into the diamond lounge where they had hot snacks. I thought ok I'll be there soon ... and now I am. All the people who want to call me a liar can, i know I went to a lounge with free wine and was still emerald. Not diamond. I think was Voyager ots. It happened. Maybe it shouldn't have, idk, but I know I got wine on several nights. 5 to 10 years go. 

There is no deck 13 on Oasis class...and if you were on Voyager on deck 13...there is no lounge on that deck.

Deck plan image

Its really hard to say cause these days the status does not really give you any special benefits.. aside of only you knowing that you got a platinum status. Along with all the current restrictions I doubt it will worth anything. I would just stick to some good deal regardless of your status 

I recently became diamond after my last RCCL cruise last November. I became Emerald in early 2017 or 18. Platinum before that. I have a more recent experience then other posters. There was no platinum or emerald lounge ever on any of the ships we sailed. When we cruised as emerald we got a couple of bottles of water. As I stated previously, we got on ship quicker as platinum and also emerald. We got robes. There was the milestone event which I went to one time. It was just a recognition of frequent cruisers. It wasn't that interesting to me. The OP is excited about moving up in status and wants to book to move up and I congratulate them. But speaking from recently becoming diamond, just book cruises that will move you up and give you a satisfying experience. We found doing 4 transatlantics in an inside or oceanview really sped up the process and was much cheaper than getting a suite on a 7 day.  Hopefully someday I will finally cruise again and make it to this diamond lounge Ive read so much about.

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, island lady said:

Ooohh...man!!  Hope not!  😞  Then I guess I will just have to go to the Platinum lounge for extra wine.    😄 🤣😆

Yes, and hopefully the Platinum concierge will make sure the quality of wine is better!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, island lady said:

There is no deck 13 on Oasis class...and if you were on Voyager on deck 13...there is no lounge on that deck.

Deck plan image

I dont remember which deck, a high deck where there was a higher area for a big bar and a side area. I said around there, way up high. 

Ok I get it, shouldn't have happened, but it did. There was a area my last cruise on that ship that had wine. 

Like my last vista cruise they let us order anything we wanted at the past guest event. No wonder that cd was a favorite.

Or a free happy hour because people were mad we missed 2 ports on a cruise.

You all can keep saying it never happened, I think I hear that rcl whine that is so something only rcl has. Only run into it a few times on actual cruises but it's there the know it alls. Never on other lines. Rcl cruisers do have a well known attitude where they know it all. I know it happened. 

Call me a liar all you want and doubting it happened. Maybe wasnt supposed to happen, but every once in a while there is something not on the schedule. I was there, you werent. 

I get it, shouldn't have happened, not typical, but it did. I cant go back in my history to see the actual date as its fallen off my history. I just love rcl posters how they know I made it up. Whine whine whine ... it's getting louder. 

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I dont remember which deck, a high deck where there was a higher area for a big bar and a side area. I said around there, way up high. 

Ok I get it, shouldn't have happened, but it did. There was a area my last cruise on that ship that had wine. 

Like my last vista cruise they let us order anything we wanted at the past guest event. No wonder that cd was a favorite.

You all can keep saying it never happened, I think I hear that rcl whine that is so something only rcl has. Only run into it a few times on actual cruises but it's there the know it alls. Never on other lines. Rcl cruisers do have a well known attitude where they know it all. I know it happened. 

Call me a liar all you want and doubting it happened. Maybe wasnt supposed to happen, but every once in a while there is something not on the schedule. I was there, you werent. 

I get it, shouldn't have happened, not typical, but it did. I cant go back in my history to see the actual date as its fallen off my history. I just love rcl posters how they know I made it up. Whine whine whine ... it's getting louder. 

Before we were Diamond, our Gold SeaPass card opened the door to the Diamond Lounge. On two different ships. Everyone says not possible. I’m a liar too. Welcome to the crowd. Lol

M8

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I don’t think you’re making it up, but as you stated, it was probably a fluke. I know at Diamond events, if there are many high tier quests, they will set up an area, with pre poured glasses of wine (White, Red and Sparkling). They may have thought you were a Diamond or above guest, and just didn’t bother to check.

Also,  Royal should be able to find your past cruises. They have mine, all the way back to my first in 1996.

Edited by crzndeb

Honestly I get it. It was something I shouldn't have gotten that the ship did. Some times you luck out. I obviously did. 

To keep telling me I imagined it, I'm lying just makes me think yep, no wonder rcl has the reputation for know it alls it does. Attack attack attack. I am lying, I imagined it. I have it mixed up with some other event. Is that about it? 

I know that cruise has a wine area near the diamond lounge.,shouldn't have, obviously. I get it. Doesnt mean it didnt happen. It did. All your posts that you know what I experienced just support that rcl cruisers deserve their rep. They know what I experienced didnt happen. I'm making it up, mistaken. Only run into this in real person a few times on rcl cruises., never on other lines. Now I get it pinnacle is 350 pts so I get why some were extra proud. Took a lot to get there.

It is boring to keep being told by people who werent there I imagined it. Dont know why they did it, but they did offer us wine that cruise.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Before we were Diamond, our Gold SeaPass card opened the door to the Diamond Lounge. On two different ships. Everyone says not possible. I’m a liar too. Welcome to the crowd. Lol

M8

Shhhh, I've been in the diamond lounge too before I was diamond. Really just took advantage on oasis to that coffee bar.

Once was in the mixed drink lounge, but didnt see any drinks on the posted list I liked and left.

Now I'm diamond and read here i can ask for a margarita and get a drink not on the posted list.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Shhhh, I've been in the diamond lounge too before I was diamond. Really just took advantage on oasis to that coffee bar.

Once was in the mixed drink lounge, but didnt see any drinks on the posted list I liked and left.

Now I'm diamond and read here i can ask for a margarita and get a drink not on the posted list.

Let me know if you find a good Vodka in the Diamond Lounge. Lol

M8

6 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I don’t think you’re making it up, but as you stated, it was probably a fluke. I know at Diamond events, if there are many high tier quests, they will set up an area, with pre poured glasses of wine (White, Red and Sparkling). They may have thought you were a Diamond or above guest, and just didn’t bother to check.

They checked cards at the door... sorry. Had to be platinum to get in. I remember going over to where the diamond event was and getting a few snacks they had where I could get a few and took back to the area where I was. ... another one who knows more than I do. Lots who werent there sure I'm mistaken. 

Hey I dont have the date. I said long ago., been on rcl a long time ago and not since, so it's not like something i could mix up with something more recent. Maybe 2003 ... dont know the date, time flies by and i stopped cruising for a while and came back and lots of new ships and new rules. 

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Let me know if you find a good Vodka in the Diamond Lounge. Lol

M8

I like scotch and tequila. Picky. Probably why when I got in the diamond lounge that time I didnt order anything. 

Next time I will make a pt to see if they can make something else. Also dont care for rum and allergic to coconuts which let's out a lot of free punches they serve at events. I'm afraid to try them for fear they put in coconut., 

Just get me on a cruise

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

They checked cards at the door... sorry. Had to be platinum to get in. I remember going over to where the diamond event was and getting a few snacks they had where I could get a few and took back to the area where I was. ... another one who knows more than I do. Lots who werent there sure I'm mistaken. 

Hey, I said I believed you. Obviously, there was a special circumstance on your cruise.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Too bad we can't resurrect the ole', "😇" oops can't say those words (if ya know what I mean) as we really could have some fun with this thread. 🤣

• Like 1

Luckily I'm diamond now, trying to hit diamond plus. I get it that it wasnt supposed to have happened. I'll take any extra I can get. 

Are we voting if it's worth it to take a cruise to get to platinum. I still vote yes, ... move it along to diamond and take advantage while we have these great prices. Early on I was with others saying couldn't find prices at what I got my april 2020 liberty at, but now you can or even better. Finding lots of deals, more than I can take. I'm almost 6 hours away and have to drive thru downtown dallas and Houston to get to Galveston. Pita, and cant go more than 2 weeks and that's pushing it with my folks. I have to stock them up before I go. Neither still drives.

But I'm going to push it. I think it's worth it. Wish I could just live on the ship.

29 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...too funny!  😂

Just opened one of my Ravenswood Zins last night.  We always take them home. Why open a good bottle if you can get complimentary wine in the lounge and DR for dinner?

Here's my problem.  We're down to our final bottle now.  Gotta get back to cruising to restock the shelf!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Early on I was with others saying couldn't find prices at what I got my april 2020 liberty at, but now you can or even better. Finding lots of deals, more than I can take.

Last night, I booked Oasis in March for less than $1400 for a Boardwalk balcony.   Not that I'll be taking the cruise.  I'll L&S it to 2022.

3 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Just opened one of my Ravenswood Zins last night.  We always take them home. Why open a good bottle if you can get complimentary wine in the lounge and DR for dinner?

Here's my problem.  We're down to our final bottle now.  Gotta get back to cruising to restock the shelf!

Have done the same thing...ended up with more wine than we could use...have taken unopened bottles back off the ship as well.  Doesn't always happen...but does on shorter cruises.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Last night, I booked Oasis in March for less than $1400 for a Boardwalk balcony.   Not that I'll be taking the cruise.  I'll L&S it to 2022.

Awesome. I'm dying for one but holding out for allure to make it to Galveston.

I did oasis twice out of florida, but decided just Galveston for now. First D2 was 1007, and now one popped up, a hump on liberty for 887, or some such, solo. How could I pass it up? Either 1007 was over priced or this one is a give away. Needed a 6th liberty like a hole in my head. I got one dec 2021 and 2 march 2022, that's why I'm reluctant to lift and shift my b2b next February. Would crowd my bookings more than I like, but I could lift and shift one to say end of January if I knew I couldn't do the b2b, just dont know how that 5 day testing will work. 

But the furthest out hump for 887, how could I pass it up? April 2021. Cant lift it as I said, got b2b end of march 2022. I plan to go. Mask or no mask. Best deal yet. I had told myself no more, sit on my hands. There are deals, the JS was down around 1500, or the hump. I've had JS before, never had the hump. I cant seem to figure out how to exactly price on rcl website, but just guessing on JS from diamond balcony discount. I have to ask my poor ta exactly what the price is. Says 1587 minus balcony discount right now plus taxes. 

Edited by firefly333

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I cant seem to figure out how to exactly price on rcl website, but just guessing on JS from diamond balcony discount. I have to ask my poor ta exactly what the price is. Says 1587 minus balcony discount right now plus taxes. 

You have to look at the very small print on the "How Many Guests for Your Room" page...

Click on the small print which says...See if you qualify for special rates and offers

It worked last night for me, but you should still double check with RCCL or your TA.

47 minutes ago, yogimax said:

You have to look at the very small print on the "How Many Guests for Your Room" page...

Click on the small print which says...See if you qualify for special rates and offers

It worked last night for me, but you should still double check with RCCL or your TA.

I cant get the balcony discount to work, but it does seem to be giving me good solo rates. The rate for 2 on the JS is 2kish, but for solo I can get a price about $500 cheaper.

I guess this belongs in the way do I need a ta instead of booking direct thread. I get to rcl price and then he sees the price with the balcony discount. Well also to give him credit rcl showed me a d6, on deck 9 and he wrote back for $17 more I could get a hump D2 with the balcony discount figured in. He sees more than rcl shows me. 

I got 952 for a d6, he came back with choice of decks furthest out hump for 887. Solo pricing for sure. I am seeing some solo pricing, though it doesnt say that, but if i put in 2 the price is higher. That's the only way i can tell it's not charging me the full solo supplement. 

You guys can keep your bidding site for a TA. Idk a way to make the diamond balcony discount work when I mock book. I also might not have noticed those humps if he didnt as they were all the way at the bottom and you had to scroll to the bottom to see they were open. He is good. 

31 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I guess this belongs in the way do I need a ta instead of booking direct thread. I get to rcl price and then he sees the price with the balcony discount. Well also to give him credit rcl showed me a d6, on deck 9 and he wrote back for $17 more I could get a hump D2 with the balcony discount figured in. He sees more than rcl shows me. 

Sounds like you should stick with your TA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1