Queen Elizabeth itineraries 2021

Ulsteinvik

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

It was too late for me, I'd already booked ! I have no idea whether the cruise will actually sail or not but I can dream .....

If you haven't already, you might want to check back with Cunard.  I set my alarm over here in the US, and booked right at the opening bell before the promotion.  But I just got off the phone with Cunard in the US, and my booking shows that I did get the promotion anyway.  My wife and I are very happy campers!

• Like 1

We already have our cruises booked for 2021 which we booked 12 months ago but even if we hadnt would be of no interest to me because thing the prices are too strong for me. Obviously Cunard are thinking that people are that desperate to cruise they will pay a premium price. Not for me and if Summer 2022 prices are as strong then I will be looking elsewhere whether it be another cruise line or land based hotel holidays. 

22 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We already have our cruises booked for 2021 which we booked 12 months ago but even if we hadnt would be of no interest to me because thing the prices are too strong for me. Obviously Cunard are thinking that people are that desperate to cruise they will pay a premium price. Not for me and if Summer 2022 prices are as strong then I will be looking elsewhere whether it be another cruise line or land based hotel holidays. 

I thought the prices were extremely decent, I have paid £950 for a Princess Suite on the QE for 7 nights. I have never been on in a Princess Suite as they have always been out of my price range. The QV and QM2 seem to be quite pricey for 2021.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, akmday10 said:

I thought the prices were extremely decent, I have paid £950 for a Princess Suite on the QE for 7 nights. I have never been on in a Princess Suite as they have always been out of my price range. The QV and QM2 seem to be quite pricey for 2021.

They are if you compare prices now but if you compare with prices of QV and QM2 when they were first released in 2019 then they are very high. Princess Grill for QV V126 we paid when we booked last November less than £3500 before early booking discount and TA discount and is now currently over £5000 for same grade.

Edited by majortom10

44 minutes ago, akmday10 said:

That's a great price, I hope you enjoy it.

I think the prices are very good, very tempted by £10k (£5k each)  , 14 day med cruise in QG , but can't take another cancellation,  so waiting for 2022 cruises.

Hope those of you brave enough to book a 2021 cruise prove me wrong and have a great time with no masks, social distancing etc by then. Looking forward to positive reports. 

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

They are if you compare prices now but if you compare with prices of QV and QM2 when they were first released in 2019 then they are very high. Princess Grill for QV V126 we paid when we booked last November less than £3500 before early booking discount and TA discount and is now currently over £5000 for same grade.

We're on that one in QG, having booked it almost a year ago whilst on board.

You're right about the sharp increase in price

1 hour ago, Lynnewob said:

We managed to get the aft cabins we wanted on two cruises 18 May and 24 June - very pleased.

See you on board again Host Hattie.

Scary!

We booked QG for18 May today.

Our favourite room at the stern wasn't available, so booked a QE on the corned on deck 8.

Checked a couple of hours later just to see if they were "fluid pricing" again, only to find that the room next door to our favourite had become available for some reason. Too late!

Well be in 8179. Anyone is welcome to drop in anytime and say hello.

Stewart

• Like 1

I've ended up booking onto the first sailing, the three day scenic one. I just wanted to book something, and really it was really only March that works for me. 

I'm doubtful it will sail, but am taking the chance.

• Like 1

Just curious - I haven’t looked at the itineraries at all or even considered booking for 2021 yet (various reasons for that). However, those of you booking in Britannia grade staterooms, what was mentioned about dining? Is It still two sittings, early & late, because I remember reading elsewhere on this forum, that consideration was being given to having three sittings.

Though it is highly unlikely I will be cruising next year 🙁 I have at least today booked 2 cottage stays in Cornwall for next Spring & Autumn. 😃

Booking options still showed the Early and Late option only for me.

9 hours ago, Kynance said:

Just curious - I haven’t looked at the itineraries at all or even considered booking for 2021 yet (various reasons for that). However, those of you booking in Britannia grade staterooms, what was mentioned about dining? Is It still two sittings, early & late, because I remember reading elsewhere on this forum, that consideration was being given to having three sittings.

Though it is highly unlikely I will be cruising next year 🙁 I have at least today booked 2 cottage stays in Cornwall for next Spring & Autumn. 😃

13 hours ago, BigMac1953 said:

We're on that one in QG, having booked it almost a year ago whilst on board.

You're right about the sharp increase in price

Wouldn't it be lovely if we can meet up.  Hope we didn't take your desired cabin 🙄.  We always like the Q6's on deck 5.

Hi.

It's a return to the message board for me. Following lockdown and the cancellation of two Cunard  cruises I have 'unsubscribed' from many Travel sites and have rarely looked at this message board. No point.

I use the term 'feeling cheated' by this pandemic and at my time of life (just over 70) I should be doing the things I want to do!! 

I have, however, seen the release of the Queen Elizabeth itinerary for 2021 and I am certainly tempted (desperate) to return to cruising with Cunard as soon as possible..

However, has Cunard given any indications of the Covid restrictions that will undoubtedly have to be instigated?

What about the boarding , dining, theatre and onshore trip arrangements etc?

Also the UK Government (Foreign,Commonwealth & Development Office) are still advising "against cruise ship travel at this time. This is due to the ongoing pandemic and is based on medical advice from Public Health England"

Presumably this invalidates any Travel Insurance ?

It seems that people are booking these cruises regardless - or am I missing something~?

• Like 2

Just received e-mail from my TA with offers of 12nt British Isles cruise on Sky Princess for 2021 starting from £999 for a balcony cabin or £1410 to include wi-fi, gratuities and alcoholic drinks package. Makes Cunard's prices look rather expensive for their Summer 2021.

56 minutes ago, gfs1ram said:

Hi.

It's a return to the message board for me. Following lockdown and the cancellation of two Cunard  cruises I have 'unsubscribed' from many Travel sites and have rarely looked at this message board. No point.

I use the term 'feeling cheated' by this pandemic and at my time of life (just over 70) I should be doing the things I want to do!! 

I have, however, seen the release of the Queen Elizabeth itinerary for 2021 and I am certainly tempted (desperate) to return to cruising with Cunard as soon as possible..

However, has Cunard given any indications of the Covid restrictions that will undoubtedly have to be instigated?

What about the boarding , dining, theatre and onshore trip arrangements etc?

Also the UK Government (Foreign,Commonwealth & Development Office) are still advising "against cruise ship travel at this time. This is due to the ongoing pandemic and is based on medical advice from Public Health England"

Presumably this invalidates any Travel Insurance ?

It seems that people are booking these cruises regardless - or am I missing something~?

Amongst other comments, Cunard have said they will not resume sailings until current UK FCO cruise guidance has been lifted which means as long as valid insurance is in place, that sorts that out.