GoPort - Sick and Tired of them

bigrednole

I know covid has been tough on businesses. However, there is a limit to how bad it can be. The entire country has learned to work remotely. You need to adjust and start processing refunds. I am sorry your business has been hit by this. You have already charged me a 30% cancellation fee. Now, you have an interest free loan. It takes a total of about 30s to process a refund. Since there are no cruises, you have the staff to process them. I am fairly certain you probably took the PPP loans from the government as well. There are no excuses for such poor performance. I know for a fact I will NEVER use you as a service and I hope to better inform others of how bad this company is and not go through it. 

Agree about exploring the credit card charge back option.

Not sure how much money you are talking about; if it is just the deposit on transport at some point it's not worth worrying about it - write it off as a lesson learned (I know, easy for me to say when it is your money 🙄) and move on.

Good luck and happy cruising! 😎

16 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

With no business happening they can process refunds.

Therein lies the problem.  Their ability to process refunds - and the process they use to do so - may be directly related to how liquid they were when covid hit. 

I certainly hope you do get your refund!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bigrednole said:

In the end, it is only $100 and I can write it off as a loss. 

It's the principle of the thing.  Is it worth the continued hassle?  That's always an issue when one is confronted with such a situation.

Then, I would think:  well, it's $100 now; then it's another $100 some other time; etc.  Doesn't take too long until such situations become "real money".  

I hope you get your refund.  Please let us know if you do.

Edited by rkacruiser
  • Like 1

We are in the same situation with Go-Port.    We cancelled 3/30 and were told at that time that we would receive a $100% refund in a couple weeks due to the fact that Carnival had cancelled our cruise in April.     That amount was $279.      About a month later when I checked status it was changed to 70% refund per the contract that we signed.   I've been reading reviews on Tripadvisor and so far it looks like no one has received any money from them.    The standard reply to any requests are - because of covid they do not have office staff to handle the situation at this time.    6 Months later - I would be surprised if we see any of this money.    

I never understood all those go-port offers. It looks like a fraud to me. I would rather save some money and get a regular cruise with a some package on board that rely on some weird go-port package which does not give any promises.. I want to make sure I get what I pay for 

On 9/23/2020 at 11:25 AM, bigrednole said:

In the end, it is only $100 and I can write it off as a loss. I can file a complaint with the BBB and negative reviews. It has been 6 months. With no business happening they can process refunds.

The BBB is a marketing scam.  They hold no weight with anyone.

Why are you paying $100 in transportation costs?

8 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I never understood all those go-port offers. It looks like a fraud to me. I would rather save some money and get a regular cruise with a some package on board that rely on some weird go-port package which does not give any promises.. I want to make sure I get what I pay for 

At the time we booked they had excellent reviews thru Trip Advisor.    Our $279 included picking up 3 people at Orlando Airport - shuttle to Orlando Hotel - One night paid at the hotel - Shuttle pick up from hotel and to the port of Canaveral before the cruise  and also picked up after cruise and taken back to Orlando airport.   As we are "seniors" and have never used Uber and did not want to deal with renting a car we chose this option.     Doing research and looking at the reviews it would have been a great deal.    Of course at that time - no one knew there would be cancellations, etc. due to Covid.   Time will tell whether they will stand behind their past reputation and make things right when things begin to open up.    I'd love to get my money back - even if it's only the 70% but I'm not going to count of it.    And I will not use their services again if they do survive the pandemic.  

2 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

The BBB is a marketing scam.  They hold no weight with anyone.

It was a Snooze/Park/Cruise package for $137. The only repay 70% on refund which is now 6 months old. I am going to contact my credit card company to dispute the charges. There should be no fees for a canceled reservation because of Covid.

4 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

Blue,

I think OP is referring to the deposit made on a hotel/transport package deal.  Go Port used to require a 30% deposit and, depending upon how many are travelling and the hotel chosen, a $100 deposit level was easy to get to.   Lots of posts here about refund issues - or actually the lack of refunds being the issue - which tells me that the money was tied up in long term contracts with hotels, loan payments on busses, etc. and it's unlikely they will be in business when (if?) cruising starts back up.

We have successfully used credit card charge back on a number of vendors.  Works like a charm.  BBB is fine but we have no desire to drag a vendor issue out for months.

We give the vendor a chance to respond.  No more than 30 days.  Less if we sense the run around.

We did not have any money owing from a cruise line but if we had we certainly would not have been waiting 90 plus days for a refund.  Others on this forum reported being successful with cruise line charge backs as well.   Instead of 90 days some had 4-7 day turnaround (or less) on credit card charge backs from cruise lines.

It is one reason why we never pay with a debit card or direct bank transfer.  Always use a credit card.  If you sense bankruptcy, immediately start the charge back process.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iancal said:

We have successfully used credit card charge back on a number of vendors.  Works like a charm.  BBB is fine but we have no desire to drag a vendor issue out for months.

We give the vendor a chance to respond.  No more than 30 days.  Less if we sense the run around.

We did not have any money owing from a cruise line but if we had we certainly would not have been waiting 90 plus days for a refund.  Others on this forum reported being successful with cruise line charge backs as well.   Instead of 90 days some had 4-7 day turnaround (or less) on credit card charge backs from cruise lines.

It is one reason why we never pay with a debit card or direct bank transfer.  Always use a credit card.  If you sense bankruptcy, immediately start the charge back process.

Someone had told me you only have a short amount of time to dispute it on your credit card.     Since our cancellation was 3/30/20 I didn't think I could back to Discover and tell them I wanted to dispute it with them because it was 6 months ago.    I'll check with them and see if I have any recourse to get my $279 back.    Thanks for your information.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 1:49 PM, bigrednole said:

It was a Snooze/Park/Cruise package for $137. The only repay 70% on refund which is now 6 months old. I am going to contact my credit card company to dispute the charges. There should be no fees for a canceled reservation because of Covid.

Snooze/Park/Cruise package?? GoPort WTH??

Thank God I've never heard of such a scam. 

Sounds like another one of those cornball senior South Florida kiss your cash goodbye outfits.

GoPort hopefully they'll file bankruptcy and we'll never have to read about such a thing in this forum again.🙄

On 9/29/2020 at 3:34 AM, Roger88 said:

I've never heard of such a thing "fraud" complete scam these individuals lost there $$$ maybe they'll learn, and then maybe they won't. 

GoPort you gotta be kidding me, have no clue what this is and DON'T tell me. I don't want to know. Forget your cash and chalk that one up to being so smart.🙄 Figure it out homey.

6 hours ago, TTEllis said:

GoPort hopefully they'll file bankruptcy and we'll never have to read about such a thing in this forum again.🙄

If they file bankruptcy, they just open under different name. Before bankruptcy, they will selloff assets for pennies to friends, file bankruptcy once all assets are gone, and then open a new company. 

3 hours ago, bigrednole said:

If they file bankruptcy, they just open under different name. Before bankruptcy, they will selloff assets for pennies to friends, file bankruptcy once all assets are gone, and then open a new company. 

What assets? They've already spent your money on they're new car payment, dinner in West Palm, or cocktails at The Clevelander.

Let me guess once they file bankruptcy, and open up a new company you won't be able to sign up again fast enough. Yeah I kinda figured as much.

6 hours ago, bigrednole said:

No, I won't be part of it

I sympathize with you.  All (or at least) most of us go through life and learn some "hard" lessons.  You learned with your experience.  I learned by opening a link from a very "official" looking e-mail from AOL.  That link turned out to have come from some source in Russia.  I'm very suspicious of any e-mail that I receive from whomever/whatever and am much more careful about "links" than I was 10 years ago.