Breakaway and Getaway on the move!

PelicanBill

1 hour ago, FreestyleNovice said:

chengkp75, does a system you describe needs that amount of space also around the base of the funnel (in the old setup that's were the air vents were, where extra structure is added)? I assumed the whole exterior installation was for the scrubbers, I am surprised to see actually scrubbers/exhaust in the existing funnel. :classic_blink:

And great pics Cruise Wonderland! :classic_love:

Now that I look a bit more, those scrubbers sitting on their side could be a two engine scrubber (the two "bumps" on the right side of the blue tarp are the inlets), and the dampers in the stack shown are to divert to the scrubber.

Edited by chengkp75
  • Like 4

On 10/18/2020 at 7:01 AM, FreestyleNovice said:

"The technology group Wärtsilä will supply Hybrid Scrubber system packages, specially customized to meet the specific needs of two cruise vessels. The ships are owned and operated by Norwegian Cruise Line. The 325 metres long ‘Norwegian Breakaway’ and ‘Norwegian Getaway’ vessels will be fitted with Wärtsilä scrubber systems…"

The process is continuing on other ships also:

Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) and scrubber manufacturer Yara Marine Technologies have reported the finalisation of exhaust gas cleaning system (EGCS) installations onboard eight NCL ships.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

The new look of BA (and GA):

123124923_3405945812794444_898743937890280835_o.jpg

(it's just a funnel, repeat after me "It's just a funnel.." ok ok.. :classic_ninja:)

Thanks for posting this pic @FreestyleNovice. I'm assuming from your comment that NCL has changed the design of the funnel on the BA (& GA)? Do you have any picture(s) showing the funnels closer up?

23 hours ago, F27TW said:

They look taller .. they gonna fit under the Verrazanno-Narrows Bridge anymore?   It was pretty close already, if i recall! 😲

I bet they were careful about that! would be embarrassing to have a ship painted for NYC that can't go there.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 2:45 PM, F27TW said:

They look taller .. they gonna fit under the Verrazanno-Narrows Bridge anymore?   It was pretty close already, if i recall! 😲

Breakaway is over 18 meters lower than Oasis, which only had to retract the stacks by 3-4 meters to clear.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...