Preziosa

deliver42

On 10/14/2020 at 8:12 AM, 8420PR said:

I am very interested to see if it does relocate to South America.  Costa have cancelled all cruises from South America this year, and I wondered if MSC would do the same.  

I'd be very surprised if they didn't. Preziosa has returned to anchor near Ocean Cay after her visit to Miami.

Incidentally, friends have just had their Durban to Venice cruise in March 2021 cancelled.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

Does anybody have any news on sailings in South America from November 2020 to April 2021? The MSC Preziosa was supposed to sail from Santos, Brasil.

Ivi

They cancelled cruises from 15th November to 18th December here in Brazil. At the moment they're still selling cruises from 19th December.

1 hour ago, JohnJayJotaJames said:

MSC have reduced ships in Brazil to MSC Preziosa & MSC Seaview, both are expected to start on 19th December. The Preziosa from Rio de Janeiro and the Seaview from Santos with some amazing discounts.

Thanks, I have heard that MSC has cancelled all sailings from Buenos Aires until March 2021. I wonder if they will go ahead with sailings from Brazil where Covid-19 seems to be affecting so many people. Difficult to guarantee Covid free sailings even with testing. We can see that in the experience of Sea Dream in the Caribbean. 😔

2 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Thanks, I have heard that MSC has cancelled all sailings from Buenos Aires until March 2021. I wonder if they will go ahead with sailings from Brazil where Covid-19 seems to be affecting so many people. Difficult to guarantee Covid free sailings even with testing. We can see that in the experience of Sea Dream in the Caribbean. 😔

There's an online petition to try and get Anvisa to authorise the Brazilian cruise season saying "since the country has most sectors operating normally" that MSC should be able to go ahead. I have to say knowing how unsafe Brazil is at the moment, an MSC ship could be one of the safest places to be!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Preziosa is currently heading to Naples, Italy with an ETA of 12 December.  MSC had filed all the No Sail Order paperwork/plans for the ship to sail to and from US ports so I was already wondering about that.  On the CDC website the ship recently went into Red status, indicating more than one confirmed case of COVID which among other things stopped all crew from using commercial transportation.  I suppose the plan is to get to Italy, load crew and get back to South America by mid January?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

• Like 1

Actually it would make more sense if she stays in Europe. Looking at the web page the first listed sailings for the Preziosa are on January 16th in Brasil, and there is a Grand Voyage to Hamburg on März 27.

MSC is not communicating very much. Is the Preziosa really heading to Italy because crew members got COVID? That is not good. Speculations do not help either. It would be better if MSC would provide an official statement of what is going on with the Preziosa and the itineraries in South America.

I'm fairly sure sailing to Europe means this seasons South America sailings are cancelled for Preziosa.  I cannot think of anything that can only be done in Naples that cannot be done in Brazil, including loading and off-loading crew if there were COVID-19 cases.

Officially, Brazilian Season has been postpone until January 16. Now with Preziosa going back to Italy, I believe it will be cancelled for both ships and Seaview may remain in Brazilian waters for relocation of crew as airtravel is allowed.

3 hours ago, travelberlin said:

MSC is not communicating very much. Is the Preziosa really heading to Italy because crew members got COVID? That is not good. Speculations do not help either.

I don't necessarily think Preziosa is heading to Naples because of COVID cases.  It is also possible MSC decided to stop submitting the EDC complaince forms for the ship.  I do know when the US Conditional Sail website was set up all four of the MSC ships were Green status.  Preziosa went to Red a few days ago, then when I saw the destination change decided to post more as a question.

I really don't expect MSC to put out any information until later.  I never really understood why MSC entered Preziosa into the US Conditional Sail program in the first place, I figured it was to keep the ship able to transfer crew to and from the other three US based ships and possibly also use the US ports for crew transport.  With the ship going into Red status none of that will be possible for at least 28 days.  If the ship is in Red status for the US then I do not see any reason for it to remain nearby, so it's leaving is not unexpected.  I just thought it a little odd to be headed towards Europe rather than South America.

Red Ship Criteria

• One or more cases of confirmed COVID-19 or COVID-like Illness within the past 28 days, or
  • Ship received ship-to-ship transfers from a ship that had confirmed COVID-19 or COVID-like illness within the 28 days before the transfer occurred, or
  • If land-based crew embarked, they were not immediately quarantined for 14 days upon embarking the ship, or
  • During the past 28 days, the ship missed one or more weekly submission of the EDC form.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/management/technical-instructions-for-cruise-ships.html

• Like 1

If the ship is red status for the USA, is is good that is not heading to South America. I guess most countries there will not allow the ship to dock under Covid or crew not quarantined long enough. But we really do not know the reason why Preziosa got a red status in USA and why it is heading to Naples. We also do not know what the consequences are for the South American cruises from MSC from January to March. Again, I think MSC should communicate more. 

We are booked on the Preziosa transatlantic from Rio to Southampton 27 March 2021.(booked it almost 2 years ago) but with this worldwide covid pandemic and having other cruises cancelled plus our concerns over the covid situation in Brazil... we have been watching for updates on MSC South American itinerary for 2021. 
We have spotted on internet today that the Preziosa is beginning transatlantic crossing and due to arrive at Napoli/Naples Italy on 12th December 2020. 
Our final balance is due Wednesday 2nd December. If we cancel we lose our deposit so hoping cruise is cancelled (due to covid pandemic) but when we telephoned our travel agent today (UK) they knew nothing about the Preziosa on it’s way to Europe. They are still asking for us to pay balance in full this week but it seems wrong that MSC have not made any official announcement on this repositioning /Rio itinerary 2021 cancellations. 
It took us 9 months before we were refunded on our cancelled Canada/Alaska cruise/stay for May 2020 because of this covid pandemic. Reluctant to have to pay in full again then wait months for refund. 
Was anyone else due to go on the Preziosa Transatlantic March 2021? What updates have you heard? 

Edited by Lovely Scouse
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lovely Scouse said:

We are booked on the Preziosa transatlantic from Rio to Southampton 27 March 2021.(booked it almost 2 years ago) but with this worldwide covid pandemic and having other cruises cancelled plus our concerns over the covid situation in Brazil... we have been watching for updates on MSC South American itinerary for 2021. 
We have spotted on internet today that the Preziosa is beginning transatlantic crossing and due to arrive at Napoli/Naples Italy on 12th December 2020. 
Our final balance is due Wednesday 2nd December. If we cancel we lose our deposit so hoping cruise is cancelled (due to covid pandemic) but when we telephoned our travel agent today (UK) they knew nothing about the Preziosa on it’s way to Europe. They are still asking for us to pay balance in full this week but it seems wrong that MSC have not made any official announcement on this repositioning /Rio itinerary 2021 cancellations. 
It took us 9 months before we were refunded on our cancelled Canada/Alaska cruise/stay for May 2020 because of this covid pandemic. Reluctant to have to pay in full again then wait months for refund. 
Was anyone else due to go on the Preziosa Transatlantic March 2021? What updates have you heard? 

We are in a similar situation. We are booked on the transatlantic with Preziosa March 2021. We do not have more news than you have. Since this is not a short seven days cruise, it needs lots of organization from our side before we take it, including flights. I hope MSC will not wait up to the last minute to provide some information.

Your final payment seems too early. As Sidari said, ask your TA to move your final payment for later.

5 hours ago, Até said:

Sinfonia and Musica have left South America and are headed to Europe.  Only Seaview remains, perhaps she will take over a combined March TA?

Maybe...it would be good to know officially what are the plans, so that we can also adjust ours...

6 hours ago, Até said:

Sinfonia and Musica have left South America and are headed to Europe.  Only Seaview remains, perhaps she will take over a combined March TA?

Both of these ships are sailing the Med in summer from Venice and can be booked on the UK website.

TBerlin ... UK travel agents usually request payment 16 weeks prior to a cruise albeit that some do not have to pay MSC until 2 weeks before the cruise.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lovely Scouse said:

Just checked the MSC site here in Brazil and they're still selling the Rio to Southampton cruise on 28th March 2021. In fact they have a great BLACK FRIDAY promotion! R$ 10,057.08 which is about GBP 1345.52 inside bella cabin for 2 adults.
If cancelled, other countries will get refunds much faster... Brazil allows MSC up to 12 months after end of pandemic to return cash. Oh, and if it makes anyone feel better we don't have a final payment date over here. Make a booking... you pay! in full!
Lovely Scouse, I hope it all works out for you.

• Like 1