Royal Caribbean Could Announce Cruise Restart Next Week

3 hours ago, Junkhouse said:

You trust the CDC and scientists?  They have gone from masks don’t work to masks provide better protection then a vaccine.  Then they come up with a statement that says we never told anyone that masks protect the wearer after the CDC director said the mask will protect him more than the vaccine. 

Yep.

Now many experts are saying the lockdown has hurt more than the virus itself. Time will tell and as always, hindsight is 2020. Oops, I didn't mean that as a pun....

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Junkhouse said:

You trust the CDC and scientists?  They have gone from masks don’t work to masks provide better protection then a vaccine.  Then they come up with a statement that says we never told anyone that masks protect the wearer after the CDC director said the mask will protect him more than the vaccine. 

Who and what we trust has evolved...this is all new to us...listen, learn and weigh the current facts.

I have no problem wearing a mask as it's the least we can do for each other right now.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Junkhouse said:

Yes, it's the CDC's fault.  They're the only ones not allowing cruising .  Isn't it being allowed in England .....no.....how about Australia ......no.....how about Canada  ......no.    Hmmm aside from limited sailings in Italy, Norway and maybe Singapore it seems cruising is pretty much shut down worldwide.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Yes, it's the CDC's fault.  They're the only ones not allowing cruising .  Isn't it being allowed in England .....no.....how about Australia ......no.....how about Canada  ......no.    Hmmm aside from limited sailings in Italy, Norway and maybe Singapore it seems cruising is pretty much shut down worldwide.

I wonder how much longer for Italy.

They are starting lockdowns in Naples soon.

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Who and what we trust has evolved...this is all new to us...listen, learn and weigh the current facts.

I have no problem wearing a mask as it's the least we can do for each other right now.

Well said!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Junkhouse said:

I never said I trust the CDC or not, only that they pretty much have all the power over whether RCi reopens sooner or later. If the CDC  decides to not accept the RCi/NCL proposal, or pans it, then it’s back to the drawing board for cruising. And if a new administration is moving in by that time, the cruise lines may not have as many friends at 1600 as they used to. 

On 10/14/2020 at 8:49 PM, whitshel said:

I was thinking about this a few days ago, I know they are saying Royal and the west coast but I am thinking more of Celebrity.  They still have the Eclipse and the Millennium sitting of the coast of San Diego and with the 2021 Australia  season out I wonder if they will put either one of those ships in SD or LA doing MR until Alaska starts up in May?

RCI or Celebrity work for us. 

• Like 3