Bonaire Golf Carts

gunner410

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question.  I plan to do the golf cart rental when we are there.  It sounds like going SOUTH have a few more things to do.  Are there any beaches (either North or South) that have rental chairs/umbrellas?  Or just plan to bring beach towels from the ship?

4 hours ago, miss_rach said:

Quick question.  I plan to do the golf cart rental when we are there.  It sounds like going SOUTH have a few more things to do.  Are there any beaches (either North or South) that have rental chairs/umbrellas?  Or just plan to bring beach towels from the ship?

We didn’t rent any but I thought you could rent those at Sorobon Beach (South route)

Beautiful beach.  Must see

Edited by Cruise till you drop

• 2 months later...
On 6/1/2021 at 3:54 PM, lele100 said:

Hi there, do they give you a map on where to drive? and places to stop?  Thanks

on their website you can download their routes prior to cruising.  the maps do not need internet or wifi, they use your phones GPS, so no data!!

1 hour ago, soapbxking said:

on their website you can download their routes prior to cruising.  the maps do not need internet or wifi, they use your phones GPS, so no data!!

Yes they provide a nice map of north and south routes that have points of interest marked clearly.  They may also hand mark a few items they suggest to definitely stop and see

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, dkcmb1981 said:

Is it $100 per person on a 2 person cart ? Or $100 , plus a $100 security deposit ? Is the rental for a certain amount of time ?

The rental is $100 per day for the cart plus you’ll need to leave $100 security deposit which you get back when you return the cart.

The cart is yours for the entire day until you return it (but I do think it needs to be back by 5pm)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2023 at 8:50 PM, janetz said:

Always our to do when there

bring your snorkel gear also!

😊

South  route is best

Was the snorkeling good along the South route?

What's the difference between the Golf Carts and the Premium Carts? It appears that the Golf Carts are sold out on our cruise date, was thinking of just renting the Premium Cart but didn't really see anythingon the site that describes what the difference is

23 hours ago, mamiamjo said:

What's the difference between the Golf Carts and the Premium Carts? It appears that the Golf Carts are sold out on our cruise date, was thinking of just renting the Premium Cart but didn't really see anythingon the site that describes what the difference is

The premium carts are supposed to be faster than the regular golf carts. They’re more like utility carts with a bin in the back that can hold your stuff. 

6D3B777C-D689-4172-93E2-DA040537EC11.png

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Are the premium carts something new? I don't recall that option (May '23).

What's the difference in cost?

Tom

I sent them an email and they responded that the premium carts are faster, have a better suspension  but cost $175/day vs the $100/day for the regular carts

• Like 1

Hi all,

Do any of you know any alternatives to BonaireCruisers?  I just booked a somewhat last minute trip first week in March and of course they are already booked. I also tried Golfcart Rental Bonaire and they seem to be booked as well.  I'm hoping I can find some type of alternative because this sounds like so much fun and a great way to see the island.  We are in port from 8-8.

thank you!

When I inquired(email) about a rental, the reply was that they were sold out, but we went to their rental tent a 10am and there was a no show. We got the cart.

Hal

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Devo12 said:

If a person was only going to do one route, which one would you pick? north or south?

I would pick south in a heartbeat as you have many things to see within relatively short distances including Sorobon beach, Salt flats, Mangroves and Donkey Sanctuary 

The north, in my opinion, doesn’t have as many things to see and there are long stretches of road between some sights

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A thanks to all who recommended this.  We took out a cart and had great fun doing the South Loop.  Easy rental process, good information including the driving instructions and great fun.

It was a challenge leaving the town - especially as there was a road closure and diversion was on a very rough road - but once on the main loop it was great to be able to pull over whenever and wherever you want (within reason).

We stopped at the beach bar down in Lac Bay and also at a restaurant called Foodies just north of there which was full of locals.  That must be a recommendation as there are no houses in the area.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...