Going Live!... (Minus the ship)

sid_9169

What a long, strange trip it's been… There were ups. There were downs (mostly downs) And then, there were times that it went completely sideways… Even worse, there was the time when time seemed to stand completely still, altogether. By now, all of us on these boards have "had it up to here" with cancellations, no sail orders, and refunds and rebookings altogether. In fact, if someone doesn't begin sailing soon, Cruise Critic itself is in danger of becoming extinct. 

I have personally been cancelled on and rebooked, only to be cancelled on again, several times this year already, and I'm beginning to think that it'll never happen again… What I really need, is a vacation. I haven't seen the ocean since December 2019, when I sailed on the Norwegian Encore, and little did I know, it would be the last for the foreseeable future. Now, here we are, on the eve of an election that's bound to tear this country apart, no matter who wins. America itself is on a precipice, and by the end of the night tomorrow, there'll be a lot of very happy people, as well as a whole lot of very unhappy people, to say the least. 

I have been bandying about the idea of a trip down to Florida for months, and so a couple of weeks ago, I said to myself "it's now or never"... What I really wanted was a cruise, but since that's not an option right now, I went for the next best thing; a trip to Miami… I've sailed out of Miami on at least 16 occasions, but my time visiting the city, and beach itself, have been limited. In fact, I've never stepped foot on the sand of Miami Beach, but all of that is about to change. On a day that will probably go down in history, no matter what the outcome, I figured there was no better place to "get away from it all"... My plan is to eat and drink my way through the entire area, and then on my final day / night, head "downtown", to the neighborhood where I normally stay "pre cruise"... There's no telling where this sordid tale will take us all, but I'm sure that no matter what happens, it'll be better than my "normal" everyday life going to work and such...

IMG_20190920_182756.jpg

• Like 13

28 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

What a long, strange trip it's been… There were ups. There were downs (mostly downs) And then, there were times that it went completely sideways… Even worse, there was the time when time seemed to stand completely still, altogether. By now, all of us on these boards have "had it up to here" with cancellations, no sail orders, and refunds and rebookings altogether. In fact, if someone doesn't begin sailing soon, Cruise Critic itself is in danger of becoming extinct. 

I have personally been cancelled on and rebooked, only to be cancelled on again, several times this year already, and I'm beginning to think that it'll never happen again… What I really need, is a vacation. I haven't seen the ocean since December 2019, when I sailed on the Norwegian Encore, and little did I know, it would be the last for the foreseeable future. Now, here we are, on the eve of an election that's bound to tear this country apart, no matter who wins. America itself is on a precipice, and by the end of the night tomorrow, there'll be a lot of very happy people, as well as a whole lot of very unhappy people, to say the least. 

I have been bandying about the idea of a trip down to Florida for months, and so a couple of weeks ago, I said to myself "it's now or never"... What I really wanted was a cruise, but since that's not an option right now, I went for the next best thing; a trip to Miami… I've sailed out of Miami on at least 16 occasions, but my time visiting the city, and beach itself, have been limited. In fact, I've never stepped foot on the sand of Miami Beach, but all of that is about to change. On a day that will probably go down in history, no matter what the outcome, I figured there was no better place to "get away from it all"... My plan is to eat and drink my way through the entire area, and then on my final day / night, head "downtown", to the neighborhood where I normally stay "pre cruise"... There's no telling where this sordid tale will take us all, but I'm sure that no matter what happens, it'll be better than my "normal" everyday life going to work and such...

IMG_20190920_182756.jpg

Good for you! I totally understand and have been planning a Key West get away for us..........Enjoy....cant wait to hear about your adventures.

• Like 1

Who ever imagined that we would all be deprived of the thing that we love most, cruising... Something that I used to sort of take for granted, and now it's the one thing I look forward to the most... Hopefully, one day, we'll all be able to tackle the high seas again... Until then, this is the best thing I have going. I only wish that Miami had an "all you can drink" package... The drinks and everything else down there are absurdly expensive...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Hopefully, everyone has made their way over to the real action via the link I provided above to the Floataway Lounge... They moved the thread I started on the Carnival board about an hour after I started it... 

No problem.  We can go over there and read it.   Link:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/130-floataway-lounge/

• Like 2

All the action has been going down over in the Floataway Lounge if any of you are interested in getting away from the crazy things we're all dealing with right now. There's a link further up in this thread, or you can just go over there and look for Sid's Ay Tee El (ATL)...

There are a few pictures of the ships from as close as I could get to them without actually going inside the port area...

• Like 2