Alaska 2022 Summer Itineraries revealed

SummmerInKefalonia

Holland America's 2022 Alaska itineraries leaked in a big TA site. Six ships deployment for summer 2022:

Zuiderdam (27 April 2022 - 21 September 2022) 7 nights

Vancouver, Cruising Inside Passage, Tracy Arm Inlet, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan, Cruising Inside Passage, Vancouver

Koningsdam (30 April 2022 - 1st October 2022) 7 nights

Vancouver, Cruising Inside Passage, Tracy Arm Inlet, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan, Cruising Inside Passage, Vancouver

Eurodam (30 April 2022 - 1st October 2022) 7 nights

Seattle, Puget Sound, Scenic Cruising Stephens Passage, Juneau, Glacier Bay, Icy Strait Point, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria, Seattle

Oosterdam (8th May 2022 - 25 September 2022) 7 nights

Seattle, Puget Sound, Scenic Cruising Stephens Passage, Juneau, Hubbard Glacier, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria, Seattle

Nieuw Amsterdam (1st May 2022 - 25th September 2022) 7 nights (3 alternative sailings)

Vancouver, Cruising Inside Passage, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan, Cruising Inside Passage, Vancouver

Vancouver, Cruising Inside Passage, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, College Fjord, Whittier

Whittier, Hubbard Glacier, Glacier Bay, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, Cruising Inside Passage, Vancouver

Noordam (8th May 2022 - 18th September 2022) 7 nights (3 alternative sailings)

Vancouver, Cruising Inside Passage, Sitka, Juneau, Cruising Tracy Or Endicott Arm, Ketchikan, Cruising Inside Passage, Vancouver

Vancouver, Cruising Inside Passage, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, College Fjord, Whittier

Whittier, Hubbard Glacier, Glacier Bay, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, Cruising Inside Passage, Vancouver

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Very sorry to see that there are no 14-day trips, but a northbound followed by a southbound at least will make the packing and travel worth it. Sad there is likely a duplication of ports, though. 
I wish the 21-day cruise would make a reappearance, but know that is unlikely beyond measure. I would love to do that one again, but do feel fortunate I was able to do it once. 

I'm also sorry that one of the medium size ships (Volendam and Zaandam) aren't doing a route in Alaska. With 7-day cruises only, the ports get swamped with people from the big ships. Too crowded. 
Glad I was able to get to Alaska before it became so overrun. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RuthC said:

Very sorry to see that there are no 14-day trips, but a northbound followed by a southbound at least will make the packing and travel worth it. Sad there is likely a duplication of ports, though.

I haven't checked Princess yet, but maybe they have a return 7-day cruise from Whittier you could link with and maybe have different ports? Of course that would mean packing and unpacking again....

3 hours ago, PSR said:

I haven't checked Princess yet, but maybe they have a return 7-day cruise from Whittier you could link with and maybe have different ports? Of course that would mean packing and unpacking again....

Princess 2022 schedule is not yet published- however they  and HAL usually visit the same core ports both Northbound and Southbound - Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan. Princess sometimes has one ship that swaps Ketchikan for Icy Strait Point in one direction only (for 2021 it’s Coral Princess on her Northbound itinerary). Also Princess and HAL would not be in Whittier on the same day, as the port only has one berth.

All sailings for both Princess and HAL will feature College Fjord Northbound and Hubbard Glacier Southbound in addition to Glacier Bay.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

All sailings for both Princess and HAL will feature College Fjord Northbound and Hubbard Glacier Southbound in addition to Glacier Bay.

My last Alaskan cruise--2019 on Coral Princess--, I specifically chose the Southbound Princess itinerary because of the visits to Hubbard Glacier as well as Glacier Bay.  HAL offered no such choice.  Glad to see this change for HAL.  (But, I really did like my cruise aboard Coral Princess!)

I was looking at 2021.

@RuthC yes our loved 14 day itinerary is no more...  I'm jealous you got to go on the 21 day itinerary.  It wasn't meant to be with my scheduling.  I had planned to do that 14 day Maasdam in 2020 and then rebooked it for 2021 and now are looking for other alternatives.

The southbound/ northbound B2B is complete duplication in ports.

I did find however that the Koningsdam 7 day RT Vancouver is Sat to Sat. then travel Saturday to Seattle and take Oosterdam 7 day RT Seattle which runs Sun to Sun. Both include Juneau and Ketchikan.  But you also get Sitka, Skagway, Glacier Bay, and Hubbard Glacier

2 minutes ago, VermeulT said:

I did find however that the Koningsdam 7 day RT Vancouver is Sat to Sat. then travel Saturday to Seattle and take Oosterdam 7 day RT Seattle which runs Sun to Sun. Both include Juneau and Ketchikan.  But you also get Sitka, Skagway, Glacier Bay, and Hubbard Glacier

One year I did the Wednesday-Wednesday Volendam round trip from Vancouver, then headed down to Seattle to take the Amsterdam 14-day leaving on Sunday. 
Now THAT was worth the packing and flying time, even though I had to pack and unpack and extra time. 

When I first started sailing to Alaska on HAL (not my first cruise to Alaska), HAL had an itinerary that went over to far eastern Russia. I put that in the back of my mind to do someday. Never saw it offered again. Too bad, as I would like to take that. 
😒 

2 hours ago, VermeulT said:

The southbound/ northbound B2B is complete duplication in ports.

This is not necessarily a negative.  Particularly for a new Alaska visitor; what one misses on one segment can be visited on the following segment.  

There are some Alaskan ports that I could visit over and over again and never tire of them.  Juneau is one.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Also Princess and HAL would not be in Whittier on the same day, as the port only has one berth.

Oops! I've never been to Whittier, only Seward. Will miss Seward...nice port with things to do.

15 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

This is not necessarily a negative.  Particularly for a new Alaska visitor; what one misses on one segment can be visited on the following segment.  

There are some Alaskan ports that I could visit over and over again and never tire of them.  Juneau is one.  

Agreed!  Alaska is marvelous and there are some tours (nevermind ports) that I wouldn't mind doing twice.

22 hours ago, VermeulT said:

I went ahead and booked this today through my PCC.  With my FCC's I didn't have to pay anything now.  I think between the two I'll have only a couple of hundred due (mostly port charges and taxes).

FINALLY I have something to look forward to.

12 minutes ago, VermeulT said:

GAP points?

I copied and pasted from the travel agent web portal. GAP = Group Amenity Points. It relates to additional value add amenities when booking groups.  Many agencies will have open/promo group space blocked on certain sailings that they can advertise/sell to the public. GAP points give that agency the ability to offer additional perks to their clients at no cost to them. Things like onboard credit, additional specialty dining, sparkling wine/chocolate strawberries, etc.

Hope that helps clarify!

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72