Is the Sapphire getting repositioned in June?

compozer

Yup. I got that email this evening that our June 24th cruise-tour, which included the June 30th sailing, was cancelled due to redeployment. Says three other ships are available for the same itinerary, but after looking at what's available, I think we're just going to wait and see what the 2022 deployment looks like. No mention on where Sapphire is being redeployed to.

Edited by hapster85

I also looked over the available cruises and am not happy.   We were suppose to have sailed on the Pacific in June but that did not happen.   Then I managed to get a stern suite with our son and gf in the cabin next door.    Not many suites available and so far have not found one with a cabin next door available.   So frustrating.   I will continue to look tonight but afraid I won't have much luck.

Cruise Wonderland,     thanks for the info.    This is the third ship or so that they have moved around.  I am getting more and more frustreated.  i think I found a replacement cruise but when I tried to check on a second cabin for my son, my favorite message came up \.   This is the story of my life the past 10 months.   I never seem to be able to complete a booking.   Then the cabin or cabins I wanted are gone by the next time I can get into the site.  

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Something has gone wrong and we were not able to continue to the next step. For help please call 1-800-774-6237.

31 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

An Aussie friend said they’ve been told the Sapphire will be sailing from Melbourne to Australian ports. They’re considering a 14-day Melbourne to Cairns & back.

If they are referring to late 2021, then it is not affected.

Sapphire Princess will still (according to the current plan) sail in Australia after October 2021.

Today Princess is only cancelling the voyages of Sapphire Princess from June to September 2021.

Edited by Cruise Wonderland

2 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Princess Cruises Taiwan website (princesscruises.com.tw) has already uploaded a picture of Sapphire Princess, and added a hint below. Translating into English means "start sailing from April 2021".

image.thumb.png.3870ff94f60c832bccfc9dfef0846c01.png

Finally Princess Cruises has just confirmed the redeployment of Sapphire Princess to Taiwan from April to August 2021 on their Facebook page (Taiwan site).

You may switch the Princess Cruises page region to "Taiwan", use Facebook auto-translate function to read the announcement written in Chinese.

6 hours ago, suekel said:

I was reading that she'll probably go overseas since they want all Medallion ships sailing out of the US.  

6 hours ago, compozer said:

Why move the Medallion ships?

I think the statement means that all ships sailing from USA ports would be Medallion.

• Like 2