Alaska disappeared?

cltcruiser

the current CDC guidelines only allow 7 day cruises until November 2021 or so. any cruises longer then 7 days is assumed to be either canceled or an itinerary change to be within the 7 day time frame

Edited by shof515

2 minutes ago, shof515 said:

the current CDC guidelines only allow 7 day cruises until November 2021. any cruises longer then 7 days is assumed to be either canceled or an itinerary change to be within the 7 day time frame

Oh wow. I somehow missed that. Well that stinks. 

OFFICIALLY, Carnival and other cruise lines haven't canceled their 7+ day cruises, they've just stopped taking bookings. (Naturally, they want to keep us paying right up until due date before canceling.) We were on Miracle to Hawaii for September 2021. But since I have little faith that things are going to work out by then, I switched cruises to Alaska in 2022.

Edited by Buckimion

12 hours ago, cltcruiser said:

So is something going wonky with the Carnival search engine, or have most or all of the Alaska cruise options for June or July 2021 vanished? We had been eyeballing one of the 10-day trips on the Miracle, and I am not seeing them anymore.

We just simply rescheduled to a 7 day, to be CDC compliant.  Most cruise lines will let you do that without penalty.  

34 minutes ago, my kids mama said:

I am booked for Alaska on the Miracle in May.  Haven't heard anything about a cancellation yet.   I am sure they will be waiting a while, as we just heard about January cancellations yesterday. 

I am booked on the Miracle for May 31st for a 10 day cruise from San Francisco and the only thing I know for sure is Carnival will wait until just past final payment to cancel the cruise 😉 .

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

I am booked on the Miracle for May 31st for a 10 day cruise from San Francisco and the only thing I know for sure is Carnival will wait until just past final payment to cancel the cruise 😉 .

For sure.

Same cruise booked here. Carnival said they have no other information but the cruises are not canceled but they are no longer listed for booking either. They could not say if itinierary would be downsized  or anything else.

1 hour ago, n6uqqq said:

You are exactly right.  I really can't blame them though. They are just trying to stay alive.  As a small business owner ( a bakery) that has made a living selling baked goods at festivals, and trade shows for 20 years, I get that.