River Cruising Water Cooler

Host Jazzbeau

@Canal archive no bouncing required at that very smooth track. Hence even more boring! Bad day yesterday - not even a personal best time. He's trying again today. 

Of course if he sold the damn thing we could go on some more lovely cruises. Might not mention that tonight though!

• Like 1

At the Greenwich (CT) Concours last week I fell in love with the Iso Rivolta.  Beautiful Italian styling and reliable American engineering (Corvette engine and drivetrain).  There is one for sale in Germany that is beautiful in blue, and one in the US that had a frame-off restoration and engine upgrade to a modern Corvette engine and Tremec gearbox.  But buying either one would mean an end to cruising forever...

36 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

But buying either one would mean an end to cruising forever...

I think we need a nifty, inventive, idea to combine a (river) cruise with an adorable car. Working on it. :classic_smile:

notamermaid

• Like 2

4 hours ago, notamermaid said:

I think we need a nifty, inventive, idea to combine a (river) cruise with an adorable car. Working on it. :classic_smile:

notamermaid

Let me know when you set up such a cruise combined with the use of a 1960 Borgward Isabella TS Cabriolet or a DKW Auto Union 1000 Sp of 1962-1965, preferably in the light yellow color. Those two cars qualify as mega adorable.

Now that’s being extra picky. On one of our scootering excursions through Europe we teamed up with a couple of lads on a motorbike (I know that’s a complete no-no but at the time they were quite cute) they worked for a company an offshoot of RR which imported hot Rod paint from the US. I know it’s cutesy but my car could be the Heart to Heart Merc a real hairdressers car but hood down wow!

Once moored at Rudesheim the car park was full of extra special cars it was a real concourse. So every male, plus a few female cruisers, crew and Captain were admiring these I must admit fantastic cars.

I am getting some ideas here of where I could put any money I win a lottery. Must say that I am more a fan of steam engines but a nice old car or a modern good design I appreciate. Borgward or a nice old Mercedes. Opel had a good one in the Fifties. Or an British car. Got a few clubs here in the Rhineland organising events and rallies. Will try and go to one.

notamermaid

During our walking tour of Windsor on a land tour of UK last fall, the tour guide lost most of us when we walked by what looked like a brand new Aston Martin---not a classic car to be sure, but what James Bond fan could not lose their minds at that point!  We looked up the cost of that particular model, it retailed at 440K.

It was parked outside of a pub and we saw it there the next day as well, so we wondered if it was the pub owner's car, and how profitable that pub could be?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, notamermaid said:

I am getting some ideas here of where I could put any money I win a lottery. Must say that I am more a fan of steam engines but a nice old car or a modern good design I appreciate. Borgward or a nice old Mercedes. Opel had a good one in the Fifties. Or an British car. Got a few clubs here in the Rhineland organising events and rallies. Will try and go to one.

notamermaid

Why not one of these?

Edited by CPT Trips
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, notamermaid said:

What make is that and what are puddle lights?

Ford Mustang.  5L V-8 gasoline engine.

Puddle lights are built into the bottom of the door, to illuminate puddles when the door is open.  I can imagine they are even more valuable in England than in the US...

• Thanks 1

Absolutely he worked for Ford all his working life then happily retired then had a mini stroke so after years of restoring and driving Scimitars he as he said followed his dream. They regularly drive to Denmark and Sweden for their holidays and it certainly is a head turner especially for young ladies much to his appreciation.

That Mclaren I mentioned earlier. I happened to be in town the other day when there was some party with a stand to promote themselves for the election yesterday. The scene: A few people stand around talking, then this car drives up to the stall, parks near a "normal" car. Sudden busy running around of party members gathering for photos. I hear excited comments about the Mclaren (did not know it was one) with one man saying "absolutely great car, just gets too hot and then you have to stop for a bit to let it cool down". Heads turn, even one woman who happens to be passing takes a photo. Photos taken, guy drives out of the parking lot and with a big mechanical roar the black car is gone. Several men spend seconds with longing eyes and more comments just standing there as if they have just seen the most beautiful woman in the world or the toy they want for Christmas. :classic_biggrin:

Really brought a smile to my face. But as a car I would say the 60ies Mercedes I saw the same day caught my eye more.

notamermaid