12-03-20 Thursday Weigh-In....1st December Weigh-In..December 31st Is The Last.

Belle

D...Determine to

E...Eat Less

C...Carrots and Celery More Than Candy

E...Exercise

M...Make Less Sweets

B...Bottle Water If Helps You Drink More

E...Eggs

R...Run or Walk

M...Music..Dance

O...Only You Can Make You Eat Less

N...Nothing Taste Good As You Seeing A Loss On The Scale

T...Treats Make Them Low Cal Or Low Carb

H...Healthy Is Our Goal

After Thanksgiving hope the scale was nice to you. December is a hard month for all. 

All we can do is try our best to have a loss. At least stay the same as of today.

After today we have 4 weigh-ins to get ready for 2021. Lets have no gains on Dec. 31st

the last weigh-in of the month.

That will be good way to start the new year.

Thanks for starting the thread Belle.

We'll see how "make less sweets" goes. DD needs service hours for American Heritage Girls. We're planning on starting a used towel drive for our local animal shelter, and she can earn some hours by collecting donations by porch pick up. But we were also thinking about making cookies and goodies to deliver to our town's police and fire departments. I'm sure some will fall out of the delivery boxes. 😆 We usually volunteer at a food pantry or assisted living center, but a lot of places aren't accepting volunteers right now because of Covid, and those that are don't accept kids as volunteers. We're having to get creative. 

I'm down 2.1 from last week which makes up for last week's .4 gain plus some. I'm hoping to be in the middle of the 160 club with Jo by the end of the year!

HI all!

Belle ~ thanks for the encouraging words.

Melmar ~ yikes, you sure keep busy, how generous of you!

Well I picked up your 0.4 lbs but it's less than I thought it'd be after chips & chocolate.

Great loss for you, congrats!

DIana ~ staying the same is great.👍

Take care & stay safe. I have fitness in 5 minutes then am going for lunch at an English tea room, masked & social distancing.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Good Morning all - Thanks Belle for the poem ... don't know how you can think up such amazing things to write each week!!!

Last week I had been up 2# this week I am down the 2# that I was up ... so all in all for the past two weeks I have stayed the same!!!   I'll take it, but really want the scale to go down.  Would love to be middle 60's by the end of the month!!! 

I was done with therapy on my sciatica yesterday and it feels much better (not perfect, but better).  Texted my trainer and we are going to start back training/exercising next week ... perhaps I will get some motivation.

Hope everyone has a good week.  Jan

• Like 1

Thanks for the poem, Belle.

Jan and Melmar, congrats on the losses.  Great job!

Jo, sorry for the gain, but that is not bad at all.

Diana, I am with you.  Stayed the same.  Which is still 5 lbs over my final goal weight.

My son is starting to feel better.   He got his sense of taste and smell back last night.   Not completely, but still he was very happy.

DD is still waiting for results.  She should have them by tomorrow.

Rose

• Like 1

Belle, I hope to gain less than 1 lb by NYE .... this is a hard month 

Mel, love the idea of cookies for 1st Responders

NYER, Jan, & Diana congrats on staying the same. Glad the sciatica is better Jan

Jo enjoy the luncheon

My weight is the same. (Forgot to post wgt) 4th week of most of the kids (3 of 5) finding temp work. 2 positions might switch to perm so there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I need Good News:

> UK starting Covid-19 immunizations 

> USA CDC has recommended priority groups for getting it here (hopefully by EOY)

> CCL stock up another 10% so I guess they're seeing cruising to restart in 2021? I had bought at 56 / sold at 9 / repurchased at 8. 69 / previously had around 13 per share dividends + OBC bringing previous break even to 43. Some roller-coaster 

> Presidental election ends in a week with Electoral College vote

Edited by Ombud

Mel, you said "Samsung cell phones have a setting where you select the specific people who can get through." Can you walk me through that? I would like to set it just for 1 sister (who only calls after 9 if emergency), Dan / Sara / Sohnjay (kids) 

Mel great loss. You are on your way to your goal. 

Jo, small gain. Have a nice time at the tea room.

Jan, at least you lost what you gained before. A workout with your trainer is a great idea. Glad your back is better.

Rose, stay the same is good. Your are almost back to your goal. Glad your son is better. Hoping your daughter's test comes back negative.

Ombud, stay the same is good. Nice your kids are having luck with employment. 

Our group is doing very well with maintaining, losing a little or only gaining a little. 

Take care, stay safe. 

Diana

@Ombud in your Settings, go to Notifications and Do Not Disturb should be there. When you turn it on there is a line that says Allow Exceptions. In that screen is Calls from which lets you select specific contacts that will be able to get through. All other calls, texts, and notifications won't make a sound if you turn them off. Here are a couple screenshots - I have my Alarms and Media still on, but you can pick and choose. 

20201203_191749.jpg

20201203_191813.jpg

• Thanks 1

Belle — you continue to amaze with you poetry

The week after Thanksgiving I don’t see any significant gains (0.4 is minor)  // several stayed the same.  Mel WOW 

Im down  1.4  which is disappointing.  Week before had been the same.  
Hopefully by next week or two I will enter the 170,s  club.  

Just found out my step grandson has enlisted into Air Force.  I think it will be wonderful for him.  He is 20.  

Hmm, wonder where Belle is? Maybe her son is hooking up her new computer.

Ombud, bummer right? But, at least you can hike.

We are not in a stay-at-home order yet but hubby and I are doing that anyway. We are only going out grocery shopping about once per week. Only other time we're out is to get takeout for dinner. 

The highlight of my day.....I received today 2 new pairs of garden sheers I ordered. Woohoo. Think I'll try them out tomorrow. May as well keep the yard in good shape. 

Hope everyone is having a good day and have a nice weekend.

Diana

Afternoon to all.  Sorry I didn't post yesterday.  Time got by me was busy and also I

forgot to weigh-in in the morning beside.  Weighed today stayed the same. Too much

Turkey and Pot Roast?

Tomorrow my son coming by for lunch and to install computer and I'll see if I can fine

other things he can do for me. He will love that!:classic_laugh:

Thanks for the kind words about my silly little poems or what you call them.

Jan and Izena your words make me feel smart.:classic_smile:

Mel...What a good loss. Your doing so well. So nice you think of others and do all 

the special things.  Yes it's hard when you make "goodies". Was thinking of making the

candy my kids like...but will I eat it too? Guess?

Diana...Glad no gain. Soon a lot of CA  counties will be in lockdown again. Glad you had

an exciting morning in getting your 2 sheers. So little to make us happy this year.:classic_smile:

Jo...You gain was just a blip. You'll get it off. Hope your enjoyed your tea.

I've gone to a couple where they hats for you to wear. Was fun.

Jan...Nice loss even if made you the same. Better than gaining. Right? Didn't know

you had therapy. Knew you were in pain, glad you feel better. Be careful on exercising.

Rose...Staying the same is good at this time. You'll get those 5 off. Glad your son is better.

Hope your daughter hears today and is negative and your all safe.

Ombud...Glad you stayed the same too. Happy most of your kids are working and

may be perm. Less stress on you.

Izena...Good loss. Any loss is good don't be disappointed.  We all would take it.

Your doing good. Congrats to your grandson doing what he wants.

Have a good weekend but as usual stay safe, take care and the best way to do that

is to stay home. Ifv out Masks and more Masks.  Don't know why I say that...you

all know that and wear your masks.  Maybe will remind someone who is just reading

this post.

My daughter got her tests results back today.   She is negative.   Thank God!  Her job still requires her to quarantine, so she won't return to work for another week.  She is going stir crazy being quarantined for so long.  But, she is super happy that she is negative.  Her son is in a high risk category so she was very worried about him.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Rose

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your good wishes.   It is such a relief.   My daughter always says that she is uber careful and then someone who is not careful comes near her and possibly infects her.  Unfortunately, she has to go to work and that is where she is in the most contact with people.

Have a great weekend and stay safe and healthy.

Rose

Rose - I'm so glad your daughter tested negative and that your son is feeling better! I know that's a relief for you!

Belle - don't work your son too hard. 😉 Congrats on the new computer!

Diana - I love that you are happy about your shears. I asked for bath mats (in addition to the plates/glasses) for Christmas and I am so excited about them! Now that I'm in my 40's I guess I've officially hit that 'adulting' part of life where one gets delighted by housewares. 😆

Ombud - sorry you are shut down again. Were you able to find the Do Not Disturb setting on your phone?

Jan - how's your daughter feeling? 

Izena - congrats on the loss and to your step grandson!

Jo - how was the tea room lunch? It sounds so fancy, and I have built up a picture of little finger sandwiches and treats piled high with whipped cream.

Our state is divided into groups of counties, and our group just hit 7 consecutive days of hospitals being at 15% or more capacity of Covid patients. We've rolled back to 50% occupancy at most places (restaurants, gyms, etc.) and bars have to close again. We have to drop below that 15% hospitalized Covid threshold for 7 consecutive days for those businesses to go back to 75%. Sadly, I'm not sure it will have much of an impact. I still see people without masks out and about. Sigh.

We decided that we would try one of those meal kit delivery services. I feel like we've gotten into a bit of a rut with our dinners, and we miss the variety of eating out. It's not quite the same since we still have to cook the food we pick, but I think it will break up the monotony of the same meals over and over and will feel more like 'restaurant' food than our usual fare. Taco Tuesday is getting old. Our first delivery is this Thursday, and we're starting with firecracker meatballs, which I think the kids will eat if I just leave the spicy sauce off their plates, and a steak bowl with roasted veggies. I really hope that we like it!

• Like 1

Thank you @melmar02. So nice to not have early morning calls!!

Last of that wood pile gone, just the kindling pile to

go

NYER I have no idea how to keep safe 'put there' so I feel sorry for those who must mingle. 

Izena, I'd be happy with a 1.7 drop and you've come so far!!

Diana, hope you don't join us on Stay at Home. GS2 was supposed to go to Nevada but just canceled.  

Belle, did your son get the computer set up??

Ombud - glad it worked for you!

I hope everyone had a good weekend! We didn't do too much. Finished up a science experiment with DD. We also finished decorating, and the boxes are upstairs waiting to be put back in the attic. That's the worst part for me - I can't stand all the boxes laying around the house. I feel like we live in an obstacle course until they are back out of the way!

Late evening all but sure will read in the morning.     Can you believe less than 3 weeks

till Christmas?  Am I the only one not in the mood? Just so different this year. Got out

my little 3/4 ft tree out today. Will try to decorate in next few days

Ombud I did.....

Got my new computer which I'm using now. As you know they all do things a little different.

So comfortable using the old one. Was nice to visit and have lunch with my son. It's good

to have 1 on 1 time with your kids no matter their ages.

Mel that was the worst part my husband hated about decorating, get boxes down, then put back

up, then get them down again, then put the back up.😄 Good Luck!

Hope you all have a good Monday to start your week. Just keep safe, now the virus counts are

going up and many have or will have the stay at home order. I know it's hard but it will get

better... as I  keep telling myself.

Belle - glad your new computer is up and running and that you had a good visit with your son. We have a love hate relationship with our attic too which makes it worse. There is plenty of space up there, but as soon as you get up the stairs, there is a PVC vent pipe right in the way and nothing else to grab onto - you have to side step it to get off the ladder and onto the decking so it's a bit awkward. Oh well, all the boxes are hiding in our media room right now so as long as I don't look in there...

Belle, it's nice when you get a new computer but some new things are hard to get used to. Nice you could visit with your son.

Mel, nice you are going to try a meal delivery service. Should break up the meal monotany. Nice you have your house decorated. Important for your kids.

Ombud, we are not in a stay-at-home order yet but hubby and I are doing that anyway. Only going out once a week for groceries and once/twice a week for takeout.

We're not doing much. Tomorrow I have to sweep leaves in our front yard. We have a messy oak tree losing it's leaves. I was going to do it today but we have a very windy day so there is no point doing it today. I'm hoping the wind event today blows most of the leaves down.

Wishing everyone a good day.

Diana