Alaska 2022 on sale 12/16/20

AtlantaCruiser72

5 minutes ago, memoak said:

When I first went in I could not view them but once I logged on with my Princess account the prices showed up

Nope. The short cruises have pricing but I guess they still aren't showing prices for anything longer than that. The only one we would be interested in is the 12 day that goes to Sitka and Icy Strait Point as we have never been to either of those ports. (We've been to the "regular" Alaska ports multiple times.) I'm not seeing prices for anything longer than 7 days. No big deal.

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Nope. The short cruises have pricing but I guess they still aren't showing prices for anything longer than that. The only one we would be interested in is the 12 day that goes to Sitka and Icy Strait Point as we have never been to either of those ports. (We've been to the "regular" Alaska ports multiple times.) I'm not seeing prices for anything longer than 7 days. No big deal.

I have been to Sitka several times so we just set up b2b 7 days out of Vancouver.  His college fiord one direction and Hubbard Glacier on the other. We have been to most ports several times so we generally just get off ship to grab some lunch or a few beers. 

7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

The 12-day cruise is a good combo that I would love to take.  Unfortunately, it is offered at the early season and the end of the season both times we cannot cruise.  Ugh.

34 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Princess only allocate a VERY VERY VERY small # of rooms for the 14 day collector cruises. Most of the inventory is left open for the 1way sailings that are combinable with the land packages.

But you can book the same cabin on b2b 7 day cruises and have tons of options. The north and south cruises are slightly different. College Fiord in one direction and Hubbard the othet

20 minutes ago, memoak said:

But you can book the same cabin on b2b 7 day cruises and have tons of options. The north and south cruises are slightly different. College Fiord in one direction and Hubbard the othet

Exactly - about 90-95% of rooms are allocated to the 7 day segments.  Very easy to make 2 bookings as b2b and have a broader selection of rooms/categories. Only limited categories/room #s are allocated to sell as a 14 day collectors cruise. Typically you get a slight price break for booking as a 14 day vs 2 x7 days. 

30 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

The 12-day cruise is a good combo that I would love to take.  Unfortunately, it is offered at the early season and the end of the season both times we cannot cruise.  Ugh.

Id love to see Princess offer a full season of this 12 day itinerary round trip from Vancouver, or even a true 14 day with Kodiak included and no port repeats.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Id love to see Princess offer a full season of this 12 day itinerary round trip from Vancouver, or even a true 14 day with Kodiak included and no port repeats.

I would love to see that as well.  We have been to Alaska 27 times and are always looking for a little variety with our itineraries.  I would enjoy going back to Sitka, LOVE Icy Strait and Kodiak would be nice change. 

26 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Exactly - about 90-95% of rooms are allocated to the 7 day segments.  Very easy to make 2 bookings as b2b and have a broader selection of rooms/categories. Only limited categories/room #s are allocated to sell as a 14 day collectors cruise. Typically you get a slight price break for booking as a 14 day vs 2 x7 days. 

Also, the military benefit is better on a 14 as opposed to 2 x 7 days:  $250 vs $200.

3 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Congratulations!  Not surprising that the balconies are filling up fast as a lot of people have FCC to use.  What ship will you be sailing on for Alaska?  Hopefully, there will be some balconies left tomorrow for us Platinum people. 😁

We’re on the Sapphire Princess. When I did some research prior to being called there were quite a few sailing dates available to book departing from Vancouver. I only had a future cruise deposit for myself, so needed to pay a deposit for hubby, the deposit was at a significantly reduced rate - so happy with that 😀.

With my work I can only go from mid to late July.

Which sailing are you looking at?

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

I would love to see that as well.  We have been to Alaska 27 times and are always looking for a little variety with our itineraries.  I would enjoy going back to Sitka, LOVE Icy Strait and Kodiak would be nice change. 

I also liked the 12-day itinerary from Vancouver but the date doesn’t work for us. No matter perhaps next time. Need to save all those Aussie $$$$. This will be our first time cruising in North America and have always dreamed of seeing Alaska. We just love 💕 wildlife, nature and scenery. Hubby already has his camera ready from when we first booked at the beginning of 2020 for September 2020. Time will fly .... before we know it ...... 2022 will be here.

14 hours ago, Redhaven said:

Alaska 2022 is on sale for Elites as of this morning, December 15, without any email or other notice from Princess.

I received my Elite notice after 8 PM Central time.

They really need to send out the notices the day before booking is possible.

8 hours ago, Italy52 said:

We have been to Alaska 27 times and are always looking for a little variety with our itineraries.  I would enjoy going back to Sitka, LOVE Icy Strait and Kodiak would be nice change. 

Wow 🤩. I thought I’d been to Fiji, Vanuatu and Fraser Island a lot. When you enjoy and love places why not visit as often as possible.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Loki S said:

We’re on the Sapphire Princess. When I did some research prior to being called there were quite a few sailing dates available to book departing from Vancouver. I only had a future cruise deposit for myself, so needed to pay a deposit for hubby, the deposit was at a significantly reduced rate - so happy with that 😀.

With my work I can only go from mid to late July.

Which sailing are you looking at?

Lovely ship, one of my favourites. I hope you are getting a chance to stay in Vancouver for a few days as it is a nice city with a bit to see. Also a day trip to Victoria is well worth it - a long day but I loved it over there.

Finally just a tip for a fellow Aussie - if you have done whale watching in Hervey Bay, don't do it in Juneau. We did it last year and if you have never seen whales before I'd say do it but as far as getting up close etc, it falls a long way behind Hervey Bay. There are betting excursion options in Juneau which we will do next time.

Alaska was a highlight cruise for us and we will do it again one day.

Looked at the Princess cruises this morning and will be passing for the time being.  Disappointed.  Pricing and cabin selection was not the best.  Also, hefty deposit required and not willing to give Princess any more money until they refund us what they owe us. 

I just put a hold till I can get my TA,  on the 15 day Connoisseur, starting June 10th in Fairbanks, ship is  Sapphire,  looks like there are plenty of rooms. This will replace the same trip I have scheduled for Sept. 2021 as I want to be sure Covid is non existent  by June 2022 and freedom to do the shore excursions we want.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, odie1024 said:

I just put a hold till I can get my TA,  on the 15 day Connoisseur, starting June 10th in Fairbanks, ship is  Sapphire,  looks like there are plenty of rooms. This will replace the same trip I have scheduled for Sept. 2021 as I want to be sure Covid is non existent  by June 2022 and freedom to do the shore excursions we want.

I think quite a few of us who have Alaskan cruises booked for 2021 are now booking 2022 as back ups

Can anyone say, "Blink, Blink" and POOF!.................

We are Platinum with no early booking privileges and

so our hopeful balconies are gone. And I set my alarm for early

this morning. Oh well, so we booked something and it is a great itinerary!

20 minutes ago, nini said:

Can anyone say, "Blink, Blink" and POOF!.................

We are Platinum with no early booking privileges and

so our hopeful balconies are gone. And I set my alarm for early

this morning. Oh well, so we booked something and it is a great itinerary!

Oh no!  I am sorry!

20 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Oh no!  I am sorry!

You are sweet. I was so surprised by how full the ship is already.

Whole floors are blanked out but I think that may be blocks.

What was strange is that I could get cabins with my TA that

WERE NOT available on the Princess website.

33 minutes ago, nini said:

You are sweet. I was so surprised by how full the ship is already.

Whole floors are blanked out but I think that may be blocks.

What was strange is that I could get cabins with my TA that

WERE NOT available on the Princess website.

Hmm wonder if some TAs blocked stuff...I woke up at midnight to book ours as we were to celebrate our 20 yr anniv and do a vow renewal this June...til covid.  So we were going big and doing an aft suite with friends connecting in the aft balcony next to us...so we wanted a particular set of cabins...right at midnight prices popped up and I booked and went back to sleep.  This am when I got up at 4am for work there was still our backup options there.  But we are doing June with a 5 day land tour before the cruise.