Aug 2022 NCL Joy cancelled

jfio1021

Today i received a rather vague email from my TA that due to a redeployment of ships my NYC 2022 cruise has been cancelled, has this happened to anyone else sailing the joy in 2022.  Does anyone know what ship will be replacing it? , my TA computer still showed it was the joy 

Nevermind it looks like they just canceled for last august only running it in july 

Edited by jfio1021

NCL just changed our Transatlantic NY-BCN april 2022. The "Epic" deleted from schedule, changed this trip from 14 to 16 nights and looks like they plan to change start and destination. "New York" no more displayed, and Palma d. Majorca - DAY AT SEA  (???) - Barcelona.

We got a new cabin, a number which only to be found on the Epic. Hm...

At this point, expect EVERY sailing to be moved, changed or canceled.  Nobody has any idea when or if cruising will ever happen again.  As the months roll by, cruise lines adjust for the expected future.  I have zero interest in booking a cruise right now.  I highly doubt NCL will survive.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Whenever they say 'due to a redeployment of ships....' it gets interesting.  This could change a number of already booked cruises. 

Interesting that these are both for 2022.  

Debating whether to rebook now or give it a couple months 

17 hours ago, Love my butler said:

At this point, expect EVERY sailing to be moved, changed or canceled.  Nobody has any idea when or if cruising will ever happen again.  As the months roll by, cruise lines adjust for the expected future.  I have zero interest in booking a cruise right now.  I highly doubt NCL will survive.

I'm booked on an April NYC-Bahamas 2021 cruise and the chances of it happening are just about 0.  I'm gonna cancel anyway before final payment.  But, as long as I don't need to put out any more cash, I don't have a problem with booking.  The way I see it, the prices have nowhere to go but up.

It has always been a risk to book a cruise more than a year ahead of time.  They often changed their mind on deployment and canceled cruises, although they used to offer a specific replacement cruise, they don't see to be confident enough to do that any more.  Also a risk as charters kick in around 12-15 months out and that's another way people get notified their cruise is "canceled."

On 12/12/2020 at 11:39 AM, MsTabbyKats said:

I'm booked on an April NYC-Bahamas 2021 cruise and the chances of it happening are just about 0.  I'm gonna cancel anyway before final payment.  But, as long as I don't need to put out any more cash, I don't have a problem with booking.  The way I see it, the prices have nowhere to go but up.

We're booked on the Joy in April NYC to Bermuda. We've decided to let it ride  and see what happens. 

NCL is down to just a few ships and a few itineraries in March. The success of those cruises will lay the groundwork for the April cruises when most of the ships come back online. 

Just now, BirdTravels said:

We're booked on the Joy in April NYC to Bermuda. We've decided to let it ride  and see what happens. (This was one of our early cancellation rebookings "way in the future" when it would be "guaranteed",,, so much for our planning.)

NCL is down to just a few ships and a few itineraries in March. The success of those cruises will lay the groundwork for the April cruises when most of the ships come back online. 

Step78....ref your post no. 2 above. We are on the Apr 2022 Epic TA as well. While the cruise no longer shows on the NCL site, and things appear messed up in my MyNCL account, what is your source that Epic is out and itinerary changing from 14 to 16 days, no longer from NYC, Palma maybe a sea day, etc? I have not called to query NCL yet thinking it’s so far out but perhaps I should. 

4 hours ago, Hrhbob said:

Step78....ref your post no. 2 above. We are on the Apr 2022 Epic TA as well. While the cruise no longer shows on the NCL site, and things appear messed up in my MyNCL account, what is your source that Epic is out and itinerary changing from 14 to 16 days, no longer from NYC, Palma maybe a sea day, etc? I have not called to query NCL yet thinking it’s so far out but perhaps I should. 

Original schedule:

image.png.1d41633e594c251c6eb8d37c2e6d45ca.png

Possible new schedule:

Apr 02: New York

Apr 03: at sea

Apr 04: Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda

Apr 05: Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda

Apr 06 afterwards: unchanged

Hence there is one more night for this cruise, and it departs one day earlier.

This is mentioned on Facebook groups by some booked passengers but they haven't shared the official NCL notice.

19 hours ago, Hrhbob said:

Using a PC the Website Shows a Second day at Royal Naval abd an additional day at Sea following the day at Palma. 

The mobile Website Shows nothing. Hope so Post a Screenshot as soon as possible. 

14 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Original schedule:

image.png.1d41633e594c251c6eb8d37c2e6d45ca.png

Possible new schedule:

Apr 02: New York

Apr 03: at sea

Apr 04: Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda

Apr 05: Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda

Apr 06 afterwards: unchanged

Hence there is one more night for this cruise, and it departs one day earlier.

This is mentioned on Facebook groups by some booked passengers but they haven't shared the official NCL notice.

New List ends Apr. 19. two more days.