Would you do Alaska cruise/tour 21 or 2022?

MudderBear

On 12/26/2020 at 4:52 AM, Loki S said:

There’s no harm in asking, as you can expect the worst answer or be pleasantly surprised.

I called Princess and they extended it for me booking Alaska Cruise/Tour for May 25, 2022😁

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Discus16 said:

I called Princess and they extended it for me booking Alaska Cruise/Tour for May 25, 2022😁

when Princess cancelled our Thanksgiving cruise on 7/22/20 ( or so ) the book by/sail by date of 

5/1/22 for FCC  'seemed' reasonable - now today, 1/3/21 - not so much

wondering if Princess will do a blanket extension of that due date, or just on a case by case basis, since now all Princess cruises are 'paused' thru 3/31/21

22 hours ago, voljeep said:

when Princess cancelled our Thanksgiving cruise on 7/22/20 ( or so ) the book by/sail by date of 

5/1/22 for FCC  'seemed' reasonable - now today, 1/3/21 - not so much

wondering if Princess will do a blanket extension of that due date, or just on a case by case basis, since now all Princess cruises are 'paused' thru 3/31/21

I don't know but when I called Princess extended my dates while I was on the phone.  Took maybe 5 minutes, Gwen sent an email to her boss and it was done, Great service 

On 12/18/2020 at 5:16 PM, cruzsnooze said:

I'm booked on a cruisetour for June 12 2021.  If it's not safe by then or gets cancelled of course I'll move it to 2022. 

A travel agent/frequent poster on YouTube just advised (1/10) that Princess was giving serious consideration to closing all their lodges in Alaska for the 2021 season. If that is true, it doesn't bode well for any Alaska Cruise Tours throughout 2021.

We have one booked for late August/early September of 2021, glad we only put down the $200 deposit. 

17 minutes ago, dan4182 said:

A travel agent/frequent poster on YouTube just advised (1/10) that Princess was giving serious consideration to closing all their lodges in Alaska for the 2021 season. If that is true, it doesn't bode well for any Alaska Cruise Tours throughout 2021.

We have one booked for late August/early September of 2021, glad we only put down the $200 deposit. 

That is why I am hesitant to book any excursions for our June2021 cruisetour.   Many are almost sold out but I don't want to shell out more money.   I think lots of people have OBC's and are using them.  I think I will just book the excursions for 2022 so that we have the ones we want.  

We were able to change our Alaska cruise tour from June 19 2021 to June 15, 2022 with FCC from 3 canceled cruises in 2020, all transferred over. Was not able to make the change until last Friday with out loosing the FCC now with the new extension was no problem. So now here is hoping 2022 will be a better year, this one is not shaping up so good so far. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Not a hope in hell Canada is allowing ships in 2021.  Canadians won’t be fully vaccinated until the end of September and that’s ambitious. 

We had 3 Alaska cruises cancelled in 2020.  We rebooked 3 Alaska cruises for 2021; so far, two have been cancelled.  We have one left that is for the end of August 2021.  Given what you are saying, I guess that one is going to go down the toilet --- how depressing. 

• Like 1