Three HAL Ships in or headed to Southern California

boze9999

Almost all of the cruise ships on the west coast have visited San Diego on and off during covid19 to get supplies and in some cases fuel. HAL ships appear to be doing their bunking in Panama but supplies elsewhere.
I don't take the posting of the above times as anything special. The same thing has happened almost every 2 weeks in Florida for the ships stuck there.

On 12/20/2020 at 10:25 AM, boze9999 said:

Could HAL be getting ready to start bringing in crews in order to start their 60-90 day CDC test trials? The optimist in me hopes so!!!

Would you mind explaining in more detail or point me to an article that explains the 60-90 day CDC test trials? I've briefly heard awhile back about the CDC "no revenue" test sailing certification requirement. But this is the first time I've heard about such a lengthy timeframe associated with it.

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Would you mind explaining in more detail or point me to an article that explains the 60-90 day CDC test trials? I've briefly heard awhile back about the CDC "no revenue" test sailing certification requirement. But this is the first time I've heard about such a lengthy timeframe associated with it.

Each ship will need to develop plans, train their employees and equip and/or alter their ships to deal with greater requirements to protect the crew and pax, isolate cases, and deal better with large numbers of sick people. Then, they need to do the test sailings you mention. 

As crew come back on board, more supplies will be required to feed and support them. San Diego, for example, would be better equipped to support their operation, in the long run. I am sure San Diego, LA, or any other port appreciates the business right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Each ship will need to develop plans, train their employees and equip and/or alter their ships to deal with greater requirements to protect the crew and pax, isolate cases, and deal better with large numbers of sick people. Then, they need to do the test sailings you mention. 

As crew come back on board, more supplies will be required to feed and support them. San Diego, for example, would be better equipped to support their operation, in the long run. I am sure San Diego, LA, or any other port appreciates the business right now.

Thanks! That makes sense and pretty much what I had heard earlier. 

• Like 1