How will "always included" affect a booking made in board?

Bizziecruzer

Hi all, when you made a booking on board you usually got perks of drink package etc. Now that package is always included, what benefit will there be to booking on board in lieu? The reason I ask is that I'm considering moving to a different cruise and wonder what benifits would be. Thanks in advance for any responses. Merry Christmas everyone.

I have a recent experience (two weeks ago).  I had a resrvation I made on board 18 months ago that was cancelled.  I used "Lift and Shift" and was given two options

1.  Keep my original pricing and included perks (plus additional $100 OBC for the inconvenience)

or

2. Select AI with the new pricing schedule

I chose to keep the original pricing.

I had an onboard booking on Constellation for Jan 3, 2022, $100 pp deposit and $200 OBC for booking Concierge Class.   I used L&S to move a suite we had scheduled for Jan 4, 2021 to this same sailing when we decided we weren't going to be sailing this Jan.

At the end of Nov I moved the concierge class reservation to Jan 24, 2022 Silhouette under AI pricing structure.   I retained the $100 pp deposit and $200 OBC since I booked a 1A balcony.

I don't think anybody will know what the "current" offer will be when booking onboard when cruising resumes.

Since they are still honoring the lower deposit and bonus OBC from an existing on-board-booked reservation when you transfer the reservation to a new future booking, I would expect that the lower deposit and bonus OBC will continue to be offered

But obviously we won't know for sure until new on-board bookings happen.