For MSC Cruisers in April, 2021 Caribbean...

Muushka

Are you going ahead and making your final payment?

We are new to MSC and not sure what to do.  We are using our 10/19 FCC towards this cruise in April (4/18 Divinia).  All we have invested in this cruise is the $100 each deposit that we gave when we booked the cancelled cruise.  My questions are:

Would you make final payment with the chance (probably a good one) that it will be cancelled?

Or would you cancel this cruise and book one for 2022?  Can I do that and use FCC?

If the April cruise is cancelled, will the previous FCC be applied to a future cruise? Or

If we decide we want our money back (if we make final payment), how are they handling refunds?

Thank you for any advice you give!

A major question to consider is if the sailing does go would you be comfortable sailing?  It looks like you booked in the US and are before final payment so if you have any questions about sailing in April then you can cancel now for a refund or possibly move your deposit to another date.  If you booked after August 5th, 2020 then you have the Total Cruise Flex plan where if you do make final payment you can cancel 48 hours before sailing and get a 100% FCC, which seem to be good until 2022 now.  Otherwise if you booked earlier and you make final payment be prepared to sail even if you don't like the sailing conditions.  So the question is: Is the chance of a being forced into a questionable condition sailing worth the extra 25% FCC if MSC does cancel?

Sailing on 4/10 Miraviglia.  I used FCC to pay for the entire cruise with $300 leftover.  If it gets cancelled then we book again for August 2021 Meraviglia.  We just keep rebooking until cruising resumes.  Just my 2 cents.

I'd cancel.  Is MSC the only other large line with March US sailings available to book?  Either lots of confidence or disregard.  April not far past that.

Still waiting for March FCC.  More recent cancel reports seem more favorable.

I'm booked for late April.  I booked a B2B (4+7), so the 7 night is due late January; the 4 night mid Feb.  I'll wait until the last minute to decide.

If they sail, I hope to have been vaccinated by then (I'm 68 so should be able to do so).  So I'll probably go ahead and pay if, in another month, the cruise is still on and I'm in line for the vaccine.

And, of course, don't even know if I can sail on both legs or whether I'll have to cancel the 4 night sailing.  We'll see what happens with that situation.

Not sure if I should start a new thread - cannot remember if this has been addressed for MSC or not - has anyone had any luck with MSC delaying a final payment? We have a final payment due January 11, 2021 and I would now like to use a FCC from a now cancelled February cruise BUT with the new process I cannot contact MSC until January 31 regarding/to use my FCC. 

23 hours ago, cellfree said:

Not sure if I should start a new thread - cannot remember if this has been addressed for MSC or not - has anyone had any luck with MSC delaying a final payment? We have a final payment due January 11, 2021 and I would now like to use a FCC from a now cancelled February cruise BUT with the new process I cannot contact MSC until January 31 regarding/to use my FCC. 

Unfortunately, I have not read of anyone being allowed delayed payment from MSC. I think it is unfortunate as most other cruise lines have initiated a delayed final payment plan. IMO, the best response to covid has been "Lift and Shift" (although it also as inherent problems).

My advice remains, if possible, get back cash (not FCC) and know that any cash you hand over comes with elevated risk of loss. As each day passes, I am more convinced that  not all cruise lines will weather this storm. The financial numbers look grave. Restructuring seems inevitable. The cruise lines may remain, but all FCC and stockholder moneys could be wiped clean.