Beers question on Sky Princess & Lobster

big al

Hi all- as we wait for the cruise industry to start up from the U.S. again, we are planning 2022..I am interested in the Enchanted Princess cruise 10 nights in March 2022 to the Caribbean...since the Sky is the current newest ship, I want to know about the beers available. I should admit that I am a beer snob, so no Bud Light, Coors Light, etc..I like craft beers, IPA's & Amber Ales, stuff like that. First ( and FOREMOST!), are there any draft beers on the ship? If not, what upscale beers are available? 

Also, is lobster still available in Sabatini's? Crown Grill, too? Anywhere else? Thanks!!

Big Al

42 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

This is from Fall 2019....not the Sky....but at the time I think the Princess fleet all had the same beers....not sure why....but the pictures are upside down and I can't seem to get them upright even though on my p.c. they are upright....  😜

20191008_203459.thumb.jpg.c0b1cc23d979e96c85989e2532c6a7c7.jpg

20191008_203504.jpg

43 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

This is from Fall 2019....not the Sky....but at the time I think the Princess fleet all had the same beers....not sure why....but the pictures are upside down and I can't seem to get them upright even though on my p.c. they are upright....  😜

20191008_203459.thumb.jpg.c0b1cc23d979e96c85989e2532c6a7c7.jpg

20191008_203504.jpg

Thanks for all replies..looks like the list is OK..love Stella on tap, also love Sam Adams, Pilsner Urquell, Lagunitas, and and a few more..didn't see lobster on the Sabatini's menu..when we were on the Regal, a few people told me you could order lobster tails/ lobster in Sabatini's, but it was NOT on the menu...

Big Al

9 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

This is why I try and post before testing the beer!  🙂

png-clipart-smiley-emoticon-wink-compute

On top of the Beer lists already posted they usually have something local on as well. Alaska we had 3 Alaska beers on. Southampton there was a local Wells Brewery beer on. Seen Caribe on on Caribbean itinerary's . Also a German Paulina beer on for Oktoberfest (oddly in September!)

Stu K  

1 hour ago, Stu K said:

On top of the Beer lists already posted they usually have something local on as well. Alaska we had 3 Alaska beers on. Southampton there was a local Wells Brewery beer on. Seen Caribe on on Caribbean itinerary's . Also a German Paulina beer on for Oktoberfest (oddly in September!)

Stu K  

I had the Alaska Amber Ale when I was on The Crown Princess in Alaska 2016..great beer! I LOVED it...thanks for the tip!!

Big Al

I see you've gotten many answers to your beer question ... so will answer the lobster question.  

Just prior to the pause, we didn't see lobster on the Sabatini's menu but it was on the menu for the Crown Grill.  It is also served without charge on the second formal night of cruises over 5 days, without an extra charge.  There was another option that you could purchase lobster / steaks from the Crown Grill menu in the MDR for an extra charge on any night of the cruise ... I believe it is similar to what the Crown Grill would charge if you ordered an extra entrée.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stu K said:

Stu K  

Oktoberfest runs from 16 - 18 days and always starts mid September and ends in early October. Oktoberfest 2021 in Munich will start on September 18, 2021 and end October 3.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 5:17 AM, big al said:

Thanks for all replies..looks like the list is OK..love Stella on tap, also love Sam Adams, Pilsner Urquell, Lagunitas, and and a few more..didn't see lobster on the Sabatini's menu..when we were on the Regal, a few people told me you could order lobster tails/ lobster in Sabatini's, but it was NOT on the menu...

Big Al

The only actual beer on that list is Lagunitas. The others are swill from chemical works.  😉

Cruises originating out of San Francisco sometimes have some local San Francisco Bay area micro brewery beers but you won't see those on the Sky.

Edited by brisalta

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2021 at 4:31 AM, dreaminofcruisin said:

Did you try putting them upside down on your PC? 🙃

On 1/7/2021 at 11:36 AM, brisalta said:

The only actual beer on that list is Lagunitas. The others are swill from chemical works.  😉

Cruises originating out of San Francisco sometimes have some local San Francisco Bay area micro brewery beers but you won't see those on the Sky.

I know late to this party but Common'. there is good beer on that list at least a handful. You have to admit they are not all hits, but Brisalta ---  Maybe a little sumpin sumpin, don't be hopstoopid, you know Lagunitus Sucks. I have to say I have enjoyed Pirate tripel and  a gulden quad during and after dinner. That's actual beer! yeast in the bottle no less. Pils Urquell in the afternoon. I do like the local crafts brought on board  Bath ales - Gem and another bath ale offering don't remember in southhamptom. . You guys from the Bay Area! it's a so cal / nor cal thing! What you think I have Lagunitas in my Fridge, yeah I stock Laugunitas!    you might be a little right.