Doesn't matter we will start fresh today

We will get our weight off in our own diet way

Everyone has a different plan they follow each week

That helps them to lose the pounds they seek

Know it's harder at this time with so many things with stress 

We will eat healthy, exercise and try to get rest

Will come in each Thursday--weigh and talk with friends in here

Thursday and any day you want to talk we're here----to hear

We all try to help everyone that comes in with tips, advice  and  want yours too

We all in the same "ship" we want to lose weight before our next cruise or two

(yes thinking--We will cruise again)

So please everyone stay safe with our country going crazy right now with so

many different things right now. Pray for peace (that people wise up) and more vaccine

that will be given out faster and people will follow the rules.😷

• Like 3

Good Morning Belle - thanks for starting a new week with a really great post.   

For some reason I seem to be down 1.6# (it is the same yo-yoing weight up and down that has been going on for months ... But, I will take it).  Looking back I realized that I have weighed 36# more than I do now and I've weighed 41# less than I do now.  I really want to just lose 15-20# and then somehow just maintain.  Maintaining has always been my problem!!!

Hope everyone has a good week.  Jan

• Like 1

Belle inspiring again.

down 0.8.  My scale and Jan’s must be related.  I weigh daily and wt varies up to  two lbs a day - frustrating I eat the same thing every day. Oh well it eventually moves in the right direction

Got the Moderna  covid vaccine Tuesday.  Second will be 2/2.   My arm was a little sore but that’s all.  I was lucky to be in the first lottery pick for my  medical care health group . 

I purchased a “vibration exercise plate”. Looked like fun.  Maybe I can shake the wt off.   Tried it yesterday not bad and my legs really jiggle.

Also set up my total gym.  My plan is to “jiggle” x2 daily and use total gym for squats (easier on my old knees)  and  arm strengthening.  Still walking 2x daily.  Taking a break from the dog park — it gets my Irish up when people don’t read or follow rules— current issues too many big dogs on little side,  puppies under 4 months — way too many people. Jazzper is just as happy with a neighborhood walk.

At 9 I’m  going to try make reservations to go dog sledding  while in Breckenridge CO.(Jan 17-24)

Everyone have a great week

• Like 1

Thank you Belle.

Jan - Nice loss this week. I really do think maintenance is the hard part.

Izena - Still a loss! Glad you were able to get your vaccine. One of the podcasts I listen to talks about a vibration plate. I get motion sick, so I'm not sure if I could use one or not without loading up on Dramamine. I hope your trip and the dog sledding work out - sounds fun!

Cruisegirl1976 - Welcome!

I'm down 2.7 pounds this week. That's almost back down to what I was before Christmas, so I'm sure it's the end of the water weight fluctuation. I hope everyone has a good week! 

• Like 1

Hi all!

Belle ~ thanks for starting the thread.

I'm sorry to be the first to report a gain, & quite a large one  2 lbs!! Guess the chocolate & chips have caught up with me.

44 years ago today I was at my heaviest at 155 before I delivered my daughter & now I've gone way over that weight, with no baby as an excuse!!

Oh well, weight comes & goes so will try harder.

Take care & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

Belle, thanks for the great poem/thoughts.

I stayed the same. 

Jan, Izena, Mel, congrats on the losses.

Izena, glad you got the vaccine.

Jo, sorry you gained. Fortunately the holidays are over so hopefully a loss next week. 

Cruisegirl, welcome.

Have a good day, stay safe,

Diana

Edited by winewanderer
  • Like 1

Cruisegirl, welcome!! You will do it

Seconding Jan, Mel, & Izena, congratulations on losses

Izena dog sledding sounds like fun!! 

Diana, with all thats going on -- staying the same is good.

Jo, at least you owned it. I plan on measuring tomorrow (too much comfort food last night)

• Like 1

I want to wish all of you a Happy New  Year guys. I really want to wish you have a great holiday season, enjoy meals at home, enjoy the company of your families and just stay safe wherever you are right now. I really wish we will have chance  to cruise ones again and have fun together

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for the gain, Jo. Chips get me every time. I retain so much water when I have them, and the effects last for a few days.

Diana, good to stay the same right now. Did you get your burger? 

Ombud, I think comfort food was a bit deserved last night.

Thanks, Roger88. Hope you have a great year, too. 

Congrats on the biggest losers Jan and Mel.  
Jo hang in there we all have bad weeks ( you made me smile about pregnancy wt max First baby 140. Determined not to ever be that big so second wt 129 - I’m 5 ft 6 inches.  I would be ecstatic if I saw either one of these wts again It’s been over 20 years)

Mel the vibration plate wouldn’t work for you.  With knees straight it was weird but doing a little bend was much better.  

YAY  I got reservations for dog sledding —— it 2.5 hours of continual redialing to get through. But it is done.  

welcome cruiser girl.

• Like 1

Roger, Happy New Year to you too. 

Mel, yes got my burger. Hubby had some of me "meal" plus I brought some home so had the leftovers for lunch today.

Izena, great you booked the dogsledding, That should be so much fun. That took a long time to accomplish, glad you got through. 

Diana

• Like 1

Good Evening All  Thanks for the kind words.

Welcome cruisegirl I'm glad you joined us. Yes weighing -in once a week does

keep you accountable. You can come in everyday and post. That keeps you aware.

Roger thanks for the wishes, same to you. Are you just dropping by or joining us?

Jan...Nice you had a loss this week. I know so hard not to think where we were

in weight. We just have to take what we are now and try better.

Izena...Nice you had a loss too. Never heard of the exercise plate. Dog sledding sound 

like fun. Was always going to do it when went to Alaska but didn't.

Mel...Great loss this week. Being down to weight before Christmas. Good way to start the

New Year.

Jo...Sorry you had a gain, yes Choc and chips can do it! But this is a new start to the

new year. 

Diana...Nice no gain after the burger but sounds like you don't eat much of it. Husband

does.

Ombud...Yes yesterday needed comfort food. Good luck on the measuring. Hope the inches 

went down.

Me ...I stayed the same but hope it doesn't change, like others snacked a little to much.

What a day in history that won't be a good day to remember.

OK today our starting weight and will see how well we can do month to month by

weighing week to week. We won't think of numbers good or bad from the past.

New Year, New Month, New Day.....WE CAN DO IT!

• Like 2

Want to say hello but nobody is here today.

Hope your all fine. I'm still clearing things out...told you probably

take a year---was jusy kidding---but am I?

kids coming over for lunch going through things they might want

that I went through and son is taking things to the Goodwill. 

Daughter's day off and son is home for now. Nice to have them come

once un awhile.

That's what is taking so long. Going through things, what is good, what

I need to take. What they want. Especially takes a longtime with the paperwork.

I think my parents and my husband kept everything plus I kept things too. I should of gone

of gone through things sooner and I saved things too which Just wasn't ready.

Least I'm busy not eating to much. Still the same today. Guess I didn't do to much snacking

the last few days.

Do any of you do what I do? I think ahead when I'm talking/typing so sometimes miss words

because I'm ahead of myself. Then have to go back in and put words in that I missed.

Only good thing about that is..was told you do that because your smart. True? It was

a teacher. I'll just believe it.😊

Take care

Belle, I have been going through 4 huge boxes of paperwork ... found my DH's income tax returns from 1972.  It is really amazing that the last umpteen years paperwork brings back for memories.  I am taking 3 boxes of paperwork to be shredded on Monday .... the rest I will keep for awhile .... I know that I am keeping more than what I need to ... but, am not comfortable getting rid of everything.  Jan

Popping in to say hi.

Belle and Ombud, congrats on staying the same.

Belle, you've done a lot more cleaning out of things. Nice you see your kid nows and then.

Jan, good for you too with cleaning out some things.

I need to clean out my "yearly papers" folders. I do that around this time of year (tax time). 

Yesterday I worked in the front yard, pulled weeds, sprayed weeds. At least it was some excercise. 

Have a good day, Diana

I'm still tired from yesterday but logged 2 miles on city streets today.

Yesterday: the littlest grandkids (5, 6, 7) and I hiked to an old graveyard. I wound up going up a hill i was too scared to go down, after a significant fall with major injuries downhill scares me. Especially at that incline (had to finish last bit on hands & feet / no knees as incline was that steep). So we tried to go back via streets but it is a gated community w/o guards. A remote or something. The kids crawled under the gate but I am too big to fit. So it turned into a 2 mile walk (just looked it up on mapmyrun) back to the canal to get to the stream to reach their house. Yeah not doing that again

Jan & Belle, joining you on clearing out cupboards the Marie Kondo way. I found 2 Nespresso machines, 1 Krug expresso maker, & 2 coffee pots with 4 carafes. That's just 1 item. I only need 1. Now to figure out which

Belle, nice your kids came by. Yes, my brain gets ahead of my fingers all the time. I have to reread my emails and posts a few times before pressing send.

Ombud, I'm sure your grandkids thought it was a great adventure with grandma!

I would love to Marie Kondo our house, but you are not supposed to get rid of other people's things her way. I would have a big problem with that - especially the kids toys they haven't played with in years and clothes they love but have grown out of. 

I dropped off some cake samples to a bride this afternoon and then went to the grocery store. I haven't been in a store in quite a while, only grocery pick-up. I forgot how much stuff just jumps in the cart when you go in person! 😳 

• Like 1

Ombud I’ve had walks like yours.  I’ve reach the age that when I fall I break something.  Right wrist shattered radius and ulna got a plate  / next fall it my right shoulder - displaced fracture of head of humerus.  It takes me about two years after a fall to feel safe again.

I had a crazy walk yesterday in the neighborhood.  OREO the pit bull puppy was lose again.  He is 9 mos and very sweet — he thinks  Jazzper wants to play when Jazzper is acting fierce and lunges at him.   The owner arrived to take Oreo home but Oreo  refused to be caught. Couldn’t coax him into suv.  SOO Jazzper and I walked to Oreos home ( Oreo happily walked with us)  — 1/4 mile and he followed us into his backyard.  Mission accomplished.  Gave owner some scrap wood I had to fix his fence.

The only thing  left to clean out is the rest of my closet.  I have NEW cruise clothes that are now too big.  I will see what I can wear for Colorado trip. 

Will file taxes early this year to have refund check for new wardrobe.

everyone be safe.  There is a small chance we will snow  in Houston area today.

Good Evening on this Sunday

"Kids" came over Sat. we had lunch and then they looked through things I had put out'

Did a little shredding for me. I had done a bunch the night before and gone some ready

to do too.

Jan I should of maybe had my papers done but I have to go through them. Had to look

for things. Just taking by time. If kids help once in awhile will get it done. Just taking

longer because of parents papers. Glad glad your getting yours done.

Diana it's nice you are doing your papers yearly. Makes it easier. Nice you got to work

in the garden. Yes that is exercise.

Ombud that sure was some hiking, lots of exercise. Yes have to be carefull as we get older.

Don't know if cleaning Marie's way Just cleaning out "things" little by little. Some days

more than others. Some days none!  Yes you have a lot of "coffee" things.

Mel glad I'm not the only one who's brain gets ahead of the typing. Nice you got

out a little bit, yes isn't it funny how things jump in our carts when shopping.

Izena so funny how the dog follows you but not the owner. That's how we got one

dog when I was a child. Everytime went walked past her street would follow us or just come

to our house on her own. Owner always had to come get her. Finally owner said do you want

her, she like you better than me. We took her. She lived till she was 17. She was a love.

That is great your clothes are to big and you have to buy new ones. Means you've

lost lots of weight. Congrats.

Wishing everyone a good start to the week on Monday. That everything in the US stays 

stable. Stays peaceful. People goes by the rules in the Gov. and rules in getting rid of the virus.

Vaccine gets out fast and people gets their shots.

Where's Everyone?   I like "seeing" your voices on paper and know how your doing.

I had a lazy day yesterday. Didn't eat to bad I thought but up a little today. That's

the trouble if we weigh everyday, our weight goes up and down each day.

Whether it be water weight, hormones, ate to much but it is what it is. What counts 

is our Thursdays weight.

Hope your all having a good day and it continues all week.

• Like 2

Izena, Nice you were able to get the puppy back home. I have a stubborn one that won't come in if I call him, but my DH can just call him once and the dog comes running. It snowed for about 2 hours here, but of course nothing stuck. 

Belle, It really sounds like you're making progress with the papers. I was a spread sheet junkie when I had a corporate job, so I track my weight in excel. I try to just look at the 7 day average because it's more stable and shows the trend, but it is so frustrating to see those daily swings.

Took one dog to the vet today for her annual. The other goes tomorrow. He's getting older and has developed some odd spots on his chest. Hopefully it's just allergies, but he's not had them before. The plumbers showed up around 11 today, and we'll have an inspection tomorrow or Wednesday. 

Hello,

Late Monday afternoon. 

Ombud, that's a heck of a walk you were on. Glad it all turned out ok. 

Belle, nice your kids were over. Continuing the purge as it were. So cleansing isn't it? My hubby is the pack rat. Me? I am so happy tp toss things out/donate stuff. Our last "cleansing" (of stuff) was when we moved 3 years ago. What we got rid of was not enough but things are at least better.

I weighed myself this morning as hubby has been plying me wth his bad snacks. I'm the same, whew!

Belle, I too hope there is peace in the coming days and during the inaugration.

Mel, I was wondering if you got snow. Fun when it happens (especially of it doesn't stick).

Today we had to run an errand so went early afternoon and got takeout to reheat for dinner.

I went through the menu and picked the lesser of the evils......

Have a good night everyone,

Diana

Good to see you Mel and Diana--- that your ok and talking.

Mel I just couldn't live in snow. This Ca girl likes warmth. Don't like winter,

cold here now but know to others probably be warm.

Yes making progress with the paper but more to do. Wish it was just papers

but it's all the other stuff too.

Hope your dog is fine and the inspection goes well.

Diana I always said probably my house wouldn't get cleaned out unless I move.

But not moving, so cleaning is now. Why not? Not going anywhere. Just take

my time.

Glad your the same with the snacks. Why are snacks so good? Enjoy your

takeout. Nice to not have to cook. I get take out when the kids comes. Gives

me something different to eat plus usually my favorite places that are doing

take out. Helps them stay in business I hope.

You two take care and have a good Tuesday.  Everyone else too.