B2b cruise

alanasgpa

29 minutes ago, casofilia said:

I don't like your date system 11/1/2021 rather than 1/11/2021 which is why I use 1st November above.

We arrived at the ferry port in Seattle to go to Victoria BC a number of years ago and found we didn't have a booking for the date we wanted; they found we were a no show a month earlier!!!!!!  9/8 and 8/9!!!

EEK...being a month off would be a bad experience!!! 😳

I use 24 hour military time but not for dates like most of the world.

Will you have any problems returning to NZ after your trip?

Edited by Astro Flyer

2 hours ago, casofilia said:

@Astro Flyer and @beg3yrs

I don't like your date system 11/1/2021 rather than 1/11/2021 which is why I use 1st November above.

With different parts of the world preferring m/d/y or d/m/y or y/m/d, confusion is easy.

I prefer to say 1Nov2021 to make it obvious what I mean.

• Like 1

@Astro Flyer

Will you have any problems returning to NZ after your trip?

We will have problems both before and after!!!!    It will all depend on a vaccine being available,  The border being open in  both directions.  Not having to pay $4000 for Controlled Isolation.

At this point we are not too hopeful!!

On 1/8/2021 at 8:35 PM, franktown said:

If you go to the post on this page Operations Now Paused To may 14th and go towards the bottom of page 2 there is a link to VP of sales John Chernesky webcast on Facebook where he discusses B2B cruises.  The discussion on b2b is about 2/3 into the webcast.

The answer he gives is NO. You can book them but one will be cancelled as soon as Princess software is updated to check.  That is for US sailings only.  

Was that just through May 14?  Don't want to watch the entire video.  Thanks.  We are going in January 2022 and have 7 B2Bs already booked.

On 1/9/2021 at 10:16 PM, casofilia said:

@Astro Flyer

Glad that you were able to book your cruises however your date is after the CDC’s 7-day limit currently ending on 11/1/21 

Does this automatically mean that the 16 Day cruise (available as two 8 Day cruises) (Fort Lauderdale-FL-FL Two Caribbean cruises) on the Discovery Princess starting Dec 21st will not be possible.

What about the 50 day cruise immediately following those cruises also on the Discovery Princess (Fort Lauderdale-Los Angeles)?

Thanks

Mike

It should be considering mine is 2 10 day cruises that I booked, not 2 7 day cruises.

Appears that all discussion of B2B in this thread is focused on US sailings.

We have a B2B out of Southampton, UK departing this August 2021.

Anyone here have knowledge if the 'nothing over 7-days' rule also applies to Europe sailings?

I have already attempted searching the forum for keywords 'B2B' and 'Europe'.

This thread is the most popular and current result.

(Yes, I do realize that I could simply call Princess for this answer, am just intentionally trying to avoid and postpone that enjoyable task - 😱)

1 hour ago, msw.delafield said:

Appears that all discussion of B2B in this thread is focused on US sailings.

We have a B2B out of Southampton, UK departing this August 2021.

Anyone here have knowledge if the 'nothing over 7-days' rule also applies to Europe sailings?

I have already attempted searching the forum for keywords 'B2B' and 'Europe'.

This thread is the most popular and current result.

(Yes, I do realize that I could simply call Princess for this answer, am just intentionally trying to avoid and postpone that enjoyable task - 😱)

The CDC order only effects US sailings.  They have no jurisdiction in other parts of the world.  That being said in doesn't mean that other countries might not set up there own rules regarding b2b.  Everything is still very much in flux around the world.

• Like 1

A twist on the B2B discussion...What if you are, in summer 2021, doing 2 cruises B2B but on different cruise lines?  For example, we might combine a 7-night Princess sailing out of Seattle with a 7-day Celebrity sailing also out of Seattle?  If we had a hotel night in between, would that make a difference?

Another option that we are looking at is doing a 7-night roundtrip sailing out of Vancouver, taking the bus from Vancouver to Seattle, spending a night in Seattle, and then getting on another ship in Seattle but not the same cruise line.  Has anyone heard what rules apply in these situations?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Desert Cruisers said:

A twist on the B2B discussion...What if you are, in summer 2021, doing 2 cruises B2B but on different cruise lines?  For example, we might combine a 7-night Princess sailing out of Seattle with a 7-day Celebrity sailing also out of Seattle?  If we had a hotel night in between, would that make a difference?

Another option that we are looking at is doing a 7-night roundtrip sailing out of Vancouver, taking the bus from Vancouver to Seattle, spending a night in Seattle, and then getting on another ship in Seattle but not the same cruise line.  Has anyone heard what rules apply in these situations?

Certainly the two different cruise lines wouldn't know to let you only have one or the other.

What we don't know is what the requirements will be to cruise. Things like a negative COVID test result taken within a certain period of time of initial boarding. If it's less than a week, you may have trouble satisfying a requirement like that. However, we just don't know and anything people say now is just speculation (including myself).

I personally would consider it risky and if I were to gamble on going forward, I'd have backup plans ready to go. Making sure the second cruise can be canceled without penalty for instance, having an alternative plan that covers how you'd get home inexpensively if you had to go back early or at least a plan to tour the Seattle area for a week. These are just some initial thoughts in this time of uncertainty.

Heck, we don't even know now if you will be able to get across the border by then.

Edited by beg3yrs

11 hours ago, Desert Cruisers said:

Another option that we are looking at is doing a 7-night round trip sailing out of Vancouver, taking the bus from Vancouver to Seattle, spending a night in Seattle, and then getting on another ship in Seattle but not the same cruise line.  Has anyone heard what rules apply in these situations?

Seems to me all these possibilities would be OK. Rule prevents more than 7 consecutive days on the same ship.

On 1/16/2021 at 2:55 PM, Desert Cruisers said:

I agree with beg3yrs about having a backup/refundable plan. 😉

No direct knowledge here (so no real help, sorry!), but the webcast with the VP of Sales really stressed the CDC's 7 days only policy (Chernesky says he had just attended a meeting and it was a "Hard No" for anything over 7 days, period). 

I don't know if Homeland Security/Customs/Pre-cruise form will check if you have been on a prior cruise but some of what the VP said: "The answer is a hard no. And here's why - because of the way the CDC is going to have people go on the ship with the testing, they get off the ship they get tested, there's going to be a recommendation of a self quarantine for a few days after you come off the trip and so you can't do that if you're on another cruise. So if you have booked a back to back we are going to be going through on a system review to verify who are those people who booked a back to back and we will be calling you or your clients and say pick one, because we don't want to do anything that upsets our partnership with the CDC, we're respecting their rules on this, so unfortunately the answer is no, on US cruises 7 days is the max".

And now the CDC says:

"Passengers who decide to travel are advised to take the following precautions to protect others for 14 days after their return from a cruise ship or river cruise voyage:

Get tested 3–5 days after your trip AND stay home for 7 days after travel.

Even if you test negative, stay home for the full 7 days.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-cruise-ship

His FB Webinar starts talking about B2B's around 35:54:

https://www.facebook.com/PrincessVPSales/videos/258858499005733/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

And now the CDC says:

"Passengers who decide to travel are advised to take the following precautions to protect others for 14 days after their return from a cruise ship or river cruise voyage:

Get tested 3–5 days after your trip AND stay home for 7 days after travel.

Even if you test negative, stay home for the full 7 days.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-cruise-ship

Of course to stay home for 7 days after travel means first you need to get home. If flying home you have the chance to infect others if you are asymptomatic but were still able to pass the testing at the end of the cruise.

9 hours ago, caribill said:

Of course to stay home for 7 days after travel means first you need to get home. If flying home you have the chance to infect others if you are asymptomatic but were still able to pass the testing at the end of the cruise.

Sure looks like a no win situation from the CDC's point of view. No matter what they recommend there seems to be a problem. Given that, I hope the vaccines start showing results soon enough so they don't decide to just keep cruising shut down.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday Princess emailed my TA that I had to cancel one of our late October 2021 B2B 7-day cruises from LA so the prohibition of multiple consecutive cruises is being enforced.

This is what Princess stated to my TA:

“Per the CDC guidance we want to respect the 7 day self-quarantine following the end of the voyage”.

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

Yesterday Princess emailed my TA that I had to cancel one of our late October 2021 B2B 7-day cruises from LA so the prohibition of multiple consecutive cruises is being enforced.

This is what Princess stated to my TA:

“Per the CDC guidance we want to respect the 7 day self-quarantine following the end of the voyage”.

Ours is November 30th, 2021 until Dec. 20th on a b2b, hope ours does not get cancelled!

• Like 1