The Oasis of the sea sailing September 12,2021

Hopefully  by September the vaccine roll-out will be in good shape so there is probably a 50-50 chance the cruise will happen.  I would not bet too much money on a cruise before Sept.

We booked a December 2021 cruise out of Baltimore because we had FCC that has to be used.  I do not have to give RCL more money until 9/12/21 so I have time to cancel.  So I do hope September cruises go off without a glitch.

Personally, I would not put $1 of new money into a cruise until I actually saw a successful restart.  Until there is an actual successful restart it is really just a guess as to when things will get back to a semblance of normal.

1 hour ago, Marygracie C. said:

Thank you for your kind thoughts. They mean a lot.

I stopped worrying; it is out of my control. But, I really want to cruise. Doesn’t everyone on this forum???

Yes, we do, but we're also realistic.

We're booked also for Sept. 2021, after cancelling April 2020.

We've already received the 1st dose, and our 2nd dose is guaranteed.

So, ok, we'll be vaccinated. But what about the rest of the world? Some have to fly to a cruise port. Not everyone wants to be vaccinated.... or will be vaccinated until then.

Sorry, with such a contagious virus, I don't see cruising resuming any time soon....

Also on this 9/12/21 Oasis sailing. I did a lift and shift from September 2020. It’s fully paid for with credits from previously cancelled cruises which have expiration dates. As of right now we can only lift and shift once and nothing beyond April of 2022. So who knows what will happen if this sailing is cancelled. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/11/2021 at 2:25 PM, dani negreanu said:

Yes, we do, but we're also realistic.

We're booked also for Sept. 2021, after cancelling April 2020.

We've already received the 1st dose, and our 2nd dose is guaranteed.

So, ok, we'll be vaccinated. But what about the rest of the world? Some have to fly to a cruise port. Not everyone wants to be vaccinated.... or will be vaccinated until then.

Sorry, with such a contagious virus, I don't see cruising resuming any time soon....

Please don’t ruin my dream.  So sick of the same old day after day

On 1/11/2021 at 4:35 PM, RosieRoo said:

Also on this 9/12/21 Oasis sailing. I did a lift and shift from September 2020. It’s fully paid for with credits from previously cancelled cruises which have expiration dates. As of right now we can only lift and shift once and nothing beyond April of 2022. So who knows what will happen if this sailing is cancelled. 

Hopefully we can go. I’m Sheila and I’m a solo traveler on your trip