FLL hotel choices

abpplh

Help me choose.  Currently booked at Wyndham Garden Inn on Federal Highway in Dania Beach.  Also looking at GalleryOne on East Sunrise and Hampton on  SW 12th ave.   Only for 1 night pre cruise.  Hoping to get glight that eill get us there mid afternoon.

we stayed at GalleryOne last Dec.  downside is no airport shuttle nd a little farther from port.

Thanks!!!

Try Hyatt Place just off 17th Street...great location right next door to the Harbor Shopping center, Publix market, restaurants, shops.

Hyatt Place has a shuttle from FLL to their hotel for $2.00 per booked room. Best rates are online with a Hyatt membership.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, abpplh said:

Help me choose.  Currently booked at Wyndham Garden Inn on Federal Highway in Dania Beach.  Also looking at GalleryOne on East Sunrise and Hampton on  SW 12th ave.   Only for 1 night pre cruise.  Hoping to get glight that eill get us there mid afternoon.

we stayed at GalleryOne last Dec.  downside is no airport shuttle nd a little farther from port.

Thanks!!!

Comparing hese two choices, I would chose Gallery One because of the location.  There is a water taxi (www.watertaxi.com) stop at the hotel and if you arrive mid-afternoon you have plenty of time to sightsee via water taxi.  You will also be on the Sun Trolley line (www.suntrolley.com) to Las Olas and you can walk to the beach.

9 hours ago, Ashland said:

Try Hyatt Place just off 17th Street...great location right next door to the Harbor Shopping center, Publix market, restaurants, shops.

Hyatt Place has a shuttle from FLL to their hotel for $2.00 per booked room. Best rates are online with a Hyatt membership.

Thanks but I was only asking about the 3 in my post

• Like 1

What time do you arrive? 🤔  If you are arriving late and only have time for dinner that will affect the choice, compared to arriving early and having time to ride the water taxi, beach, pool, etc.

2 hours ago, abpplh said:

Thanks but I was only asking about the 3 in my post

Whoops....My Bad for offering a very popular pre-cruise hotel on this board.

Shouldn't have assumed you might be interested in another option :classic_blush:

49 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Whoops....My Bad for offering a very popular pre-cruise hotel on this board.

Shouldn't have assumed you might be interested in another option :classic_blush:

No worries - Hyatt place is too expensive even with my Hyatt membership....  That is why I am not interested.  I have Hilton points to use for a free room.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, abpplh said:

Thanks!!!

I have a booking at the Hampton Inn.  I looked hard at the Wyndham and although the pricing is somewhat more attractive I wanted to stay at a place with included breakfast on the north side of the airport.  I did not consider GalleryOne and probably wouldn’t if it doesn’t have airport shuttle.  As far as the water taxi goes, no appeal to me especially if arriving in FLL in the afternoon for an overnight stay.

On 1/16/2021 at 3:48 PM, abpplh said:

No worries - Hyatt place is too expensive even with my Hyatt membership....  That is why I am not interested.  I have Hilton points to use for a free room.

Then you should stay at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach, it's right beside the W across A1A from the beach.

The Hilton is beautiful. 

I second the Courtyard Marriott great location wonderful stay. Great hotel rates you should be able to find a nice room in the FLL Beach area for well under $200 a night. Hotwire $100 a night 😉.

On 1/16/2021 at 3:48 PM, abpplh said:

No worries - Hyatt place is too expensive even with my Hyatt membership....  That is why I am not interested.  I have Hilton points to use for a free roo

Hyatt Place too expensive?? They couldn't pay me to stay there again. Ft. Lauderdale has too many nice hotels and too many great hotel deals to be stuck back there in a corner at the Hyatt Place. 

7 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Hyatt Place too expensive?? They couldn't pay me to stay there again. Ft. Lauderdale has too many nice hotels and too many great hotel deals to be stuck back there in a corner at the Hyatt Place. 

HaHa...knew you'd respond....what took you so long :classic_wink:

Of your three, I would pick in this order:

Gallery One (love the location and the views)

Hampton Inn (not great to walk around at night

Wyndham (not a Dania Beach fan but love Tiki Bar)

There is just so much at your fingertips with the Gallery One; shopping, great restaurants, views, the beach, water taxi, etc.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BlueHerons said:

Of your three, I would pick in this order:

Gallery One (love the location and the views)

Hampton Inn (not great to walk around at night

Wyndham (not a Dania Beach fan but love Tiki Bar)

There is just so much at your fingertips with the Gallery One; shopping, great restaurants, views, the beach, water taxi, etc.

@BlueHerons that is where I ended up.  26,000 points for a 1 night stay!!!! Woohoo! We stayed there Dec 2019 for 2 nights prior and it was awesome - Publix and Starbucks across the street!!!!!!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, abpplh said:

@BlueHerons

I just switched to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina.  Located on the 17th street causeway and even less points to boot!

There is a water taxi right stop next to the hotel located under the bridge.  Since you are there in December take an evening cruise on the water taxi to see the beautifully decorated houses (mansions is a better descriptive) and yachts.

Edited by capriccio