Aft facing S2 cabins connecting to corner S1 on "S" class ships

wrk2cruise

Are these cabins any different than other S2 cabins.   I've stayed in the corner S1 many times and am aware of the "connecting" arrangement.  I was just wondering if the adjacent aft facing S2 is the same size/configuration as other S2 cabins.  Specifically talking about Equinox cabins 1665, 2148 and 2153.

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Are these cabins any different than other S2 cabins.   I've stayed in the corner S1 many times and am aware of the "connecting" arrangement.  I was just wondering if the adjacent aft facing S2 is the same size/configuration as other S2 cabins.  Specifically talking about Equinox cabins 1665, 2148 and 2153.

Yes they are the same but some aft S2's have a support beam which may or may not be an issue.  I would choose an aft S2 over the config of an S1.  First off, there's more closet and drawer space in the S2's.  We've stayed in both and prefer the S2.  If you want shade and don't mind a little noise from above, pick 2148 or 2153.  Otherwise, 1665 has cabins above and below 🍷

9 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Yes they are the same but some aft S2's have a support beam which may or may not be an issue.  I would choose an aft S2 over the config of an S1.  First off, there's more closet and drawer space in the S2's.  We've stayed in both and prefer the S2.  If you want shade and don't mind a little noise from above, pick 2148 or 2153.  Otherwise, 1665 has cabins above and below 🍷

Hi! We are booked on the Silho cabins 2150 and 2152. Our first time in a suite and am worried a bit about the noise from above, but were not allowed to upgrade to S1 unless we paid prevailing rates which are double of original booking. 

I’ve read the cabin review spread sheet and it’s 50/50 on noisy vs non noisy. 😀

i noticed you mentioned “a little” noise. Can you share more details on the noise factor and if you’ve sailed in these 2 cabins on the Silho? Any thoughts on your experiences would be great. 

Many thanks! 

12 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Thanks that's what I was looking for.  We have 1665 booked.

13 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Mike, we have never stayed in an AFT S2, so I cannot really compare.  We usually stay in the Corner S1 on deck 12.  We absolutely need the shade as we spend a lot of time on the balcony.  We do not find the noise to be a bother, but we are early risers.  We like the additional side view from the balcony and the  extra inside window with the side view.  Besides the view, it brightens the cabin. We never seem to have any trouble finding enough storage.  

Of course, you know all of this.  Perhaps we will try an aft S2 if the appropriate S1s are not available, based on you recommendation.  

A lot of great memories from our various Fall TAs.   It seems like a long time ago.  Is Shawn still around?  I am still using the same TA that you recommended to me on one of our cruises. We  are hoping to do another Celebrity TA on the Apex in October.  We  had a lot of Bonus FCC from a non Covid related cancellation, so we booked an RS.

Perhaps our paths will cross again.

I stayed in an S1 on deck 12 and did not enjoy the early morning scrapping of the deck furniture from above, but that was the only issue.  On my Aprill, 2022 TP, I will experience my first S2 aft on Eclipse; sure hope I like it, as I changed to this from an S1 because the price difference was a couple of thousand...it must have been a fluke!

• Like 1