Cruises officially cancelled through April

MechE31

NCL now has about $10K in credits between us and my mom.  i really wish they would just refund people the money and be done with it.  We love cruising... but there seems to be no end in sight, and even when it resumes it wont be the same experience for awhile.  And testing requirements or possibly vaccination requirements just further complicate it.  

8 hours ago, LCfromFL said:

Is the 30% in addition to the current 30% off on their website? I assumed it was talking about the same thing (only one 30% discount)? If we could get 30% off on top of the 30% off plus the 10% I'd be a happy girl. 

It's the same thing. Everybody can have the 30% off.

9 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

It's the same thing. Everybody can have the 30% off.

That's what I was thinking...it's 30% off their higher prices so the net cost is still significantly higher. I think I can take the amount I paid for a Club Balcony room and buy an Inside.  Lovely. 

For those who booked their recently cancelled cruise using FCC from a previously cancelled cruise, have your FCCs been deposited in your account yet? All that has shown up in our accounts is the 10% discounts - not the FCC. Curious how long it's taking for these to be posted? 

2 hours ago, LCfromFL said:

For those who booked their recently cancelled cruise using FCC from a previously cancelled cruise, have your FCCs been deposited in your account yet? All that has shown up in our accounts is the 10% discounts - not the FCC. Curious how long it's taking for these to be posted? 

Have your FCCs been deposited in your account yet?

Not yet.

All that has shown up in our accounts is the 10% discounts - not the FCC.

Correct. 10% coupons were already issued yesterday.

Curious how long it's taking for these to be posted?

Based on the experience on the previous cancellations, it usually takes within one week. Just wait for a few more days to see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LCfromFL said:

If you go to the NCL home page  up on top is the announcement Under  travel alert. click on the more info button  and then scroll down the page  and click on For the latest information on suspended sailings

this is what is says:

For affected reservations paid via a previously issued Future Cruise Credit, the full value of the FCC used will be re-applied to the guest’s Latitudes account within 7 days. This is done automatically, and no further action is required on the guest or travel advisor’s part.

2 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

All that has shown up in our accounts is the 10% discounts - not the FCC.

Correct. 10% coupons were already issued yesterday.

My "default itinerary cruse" is still showing in my account and my 10% coupon and CN certificates haven't shown up. So they haven't all been issued - probably adjusting cruise by cruise.

1 hour ago, jebhoward3 said:

Next question would be will the FCC's expiration date change to give us more time to re book again?

My FCCs just showed up with valid date ending 6/30/21 and 10% discounts ending 1/19/22. My April reservations disappeared. Does this mean in a practical sense I can book thru 6/30/21 for cruise thru 1/19/22?

Just checked and ours has been issued. It is showing as a "100% Future Cruise Credit" and a "25% Single Use FCC Bonus Credit" (from the first cancellation last April). Both are showing a 6/30/2021 expiration date. 

For illustrative purposes, let's say that my DH and I have a total of these two credits as $1,250 plus I have two $250 CRUISENEXT credits. So does that mean we would have $1,750 (total) to spend on a cruise? So let's assume I found a cruise that costs $1,000 total for the two of us (Ha!)...could I pay the deposits with the $500 CRUISENEXT credits and then $500 using the new FCC certificates (leaving $750 in FCC). Could that remaining FCC balance be applied towards excursions or the spa? Does it have to be applied before sailing?  

Thanks for any insights!

5 minutes ago, dumbth said:

My FCCs just showed up with valid date ending 6/30/21 and 10% discounts ending 1/19/22. My April reservations disappeared. Does this mean in a practical sense I can book thru 6/30/21 for cruise thru 1/19/22?

I am pretty sure that that those dates are when you need to book the cruise by - not actually sail. So if you want to combine both (because we all want to do that), you need to book your next cruise by 6/30/2021. 🙂

On 1/19/2021 at 8:11 AM, MechE31 said:

The NCL website has been updated to show that the expected cancellations are official.

"We have extended our voluntary temporary suspension of all voyages through April 2021."

Thanks, this happened two days ago and we all already know!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, alikaalex said:

I wonder when NCL will make a decision on May. Think it will be mid-February?

It's already been made, as has a decision on June, only the communication of same lags to keep some cash rolling in!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/31/2021 at 6:27 PM, alikaalex said:

Aha! So it would seem my May cruise will shortly turn into a 10%-off coupon.

I would think so considering they need to meet the conditional sail order in place.And not have any simulated voyages as of yet. So I am holding off on canceling so I can get another 10% off on my May 2021 cruise that will hopefully be canceled.

11 hours ago, tumblew467 said:

I would think so considering they need to meet the conditional sail order in place.And not have any simulated voyages as of yet. So I am holding off on canceling so I can get another 10% off on my May 2021 cruise that will hopefully be canceled.

Hold the phone! Does that mean the 10%-off discounts are stackable? So if I have a cruise in May and a cruise in June that NCL cancels, then can I use both discounts to get 20% off a future cruise? Or will it just be 10% off each future cruise that I book?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 12:12 AM, alikaalex said:

Hold the phone! Does that mean the 10%-off discounts are stackable? So if I have a cruise in May and a cruise in June that NCL cancels, then can I use both discounts to get 20% off a future cruise? Or will it just be 10% off each future cruise that I book?

That I do not know the answer to however there is thread started in regards to this .

Edited by tumblew467
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, tumblew467 said:

That I do not know the answer to

You can only have ONE 10% off coupon in your account at any given time.  It is similar to the 25% bonus FCC.  You do not get that on cruise booked with FCC and you do not get the 10% coupon if you already have.

My DH and I each got 2 10% off coupons.  We each got one for April 11, 2021 canceled cruise and another for each of us for April 22, 2021 cruise.  You may only apply 1 for each person towards either a new booking or an existing one before final payment.

My EX travel agent (he no longer works for this agency) without my permission tried to apply both of my 10% off coupons and NCL would not accept the second one and it was lost in space.  Until I found out what happened and made him delete the 10% off coupon from my booking and have both returned to my NCL account.  I prefer to wait until close to final payment time to apply the 10% off coupon in case the price of cruise decreases and I have it re fared at the lower rate.

My cruise with daughter and grand daughter cruise in May 2021 is probably being suspended as I write this.  We each should get a 10% off coupon and other FCC's from 2020 suspended cruise returned to our accounts.  Just a few days ago I booked a replacement cruise in Oct., 2021 thinking that probably our May 2021 cruise would get suspended.  The exact same cruise will not be available in 2022 so the last chance for quite a while for this dream cruise will be in Oct.   Had to down grade the cabin category as the price has increased.

3 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

You can only have ONE 10% off coupon in your account at any given time.  It is similar to the 25% bonus FCC.  You do not get that on cruise booked with FCC and you do not get the 10% coupon if you already have.

DH and I currently each have three 10% off coupons in our accounts from cancelled B2B in December and cancelled cruise in January.  However, when our April cruise was cancelled, we did not receive a 10% off coupon.  I was told that we could not have another coupon since we already had three.  I cannot find that in writing.  If that is their policy then nothing we can do, but they will not point me to the place where this policy is in writing - I just get the runaround.  Our cancellation letter for the April cruise said that we would be getting the 10% coupon, but it looks like we will not.