Must Try Dishes on Symphony of the Seas - Complimentary and Specialty

We only did 2 specialty restaurants, but I give a thumbs up for the pasta dish "truffle tagliatelle" at Jamie's.  Quite good.  

For non-specialty, we really enjoyed the quesadillas at El Loco Fresh (and the chocolate dessert).  It was actually better than the Navigator's version (which only had quesadillas - no dessert items)

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Don't be afraid to ask for a lot of dishes.  They like bringing everything out family style.  A great way to try things.

Great idea - there are so many dishes I want to try and so little time!! When we retire, B2B will be the way to go for cruising.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 7:26 AM, crewsweeper said:

Skip Jamies/Giovanni.  Revamped menus aren't what hey used to be.

Curious what the “revamped” menus at Jamie’s are?  Or how they’re different from before?  we’re planning a TA on Harmony in Oct 2021 and have watched lots of videos of the various options at Jamie’s since we’ve never been on an Oasis class ship. We’ll have the UDP and plan to eat lunch or dinners in specialty restaurants most days.

DH is vegetarian and I *try* to eat healthy so Jamie’s has seemed like a good option since Italian is always a good compromise for us on land. 

Edited by Brucemcdou

On 1/25/2021 at 11:16 AM, taglovestocruise said:

Don't rule out the appetizers. Chops Grill slow cooked Berkshire Pork black peppered Bacon with spicy glaze. Ordered extra crispy. 

image.png.6e84b004dfe7e5fc1e223e20cf679bc5.png

Dont remember appetizers lol. Obviously I need to go back.

I'm ready to try a new ship!! Symphony sounds like a foodies dream. I can never eat 3 courses 3 times a day either. Sometimes I just get appetizers and no entrees. Too much food for anyone my age. It is t possible. I want sushi just seeing izumi name, may have to go get some here tomorrow.

Now my mouth is watering for a good meal. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 5:31 PM, lovelife said:

The Amalfi Lemon Cheesecake.  IMO the best dessert of any ship restaurant I've eaten in.

image.png.288e16f0e49cca09920a3a55ea58a2da.png

I love lemon anything. Looks so good but I couldnt eat a entree and finish this huge piece. Such generous portions. Yum. Can we cruise yet?

On 1/25/2021 at 1:57 PM, MrSnarkyPants said:

150 Central Park and Hooked were my favorite places onboard. We ate at those twice.

Wonderland doesn't do anything for me, others will disagree with me, but I disliked Wonderland enough on the Anthem to not bother with it on the Symphony.

Jamie's Italian is a favorite. I also liked the hibachi at Izumi.

So what is this surprise menu at wonderland. Im allergic to coconut. Surprises make me  nervous.

Thanks for starting this thread!  Really hoping we get to do our B2B on Symphony this September.

Question, though: we will be in a grand suite so will have access to Coastal Kitchen, but not the specialty restaurants for free.  As this is our first time with a Coastal Kitchen, was thinking that we would eat there instead of specialty restaurants. Looks like we might miss out if we do that??

Cheers,

11 hours ago, DandDM said:

Thanks for starting this thread!  Really hoping we get to do our B2B on Symphony this September.

Question, though: we will be in a grand suite so will have access to Coastal Kitchen, but not the specialty restaurants for free.  As this is our first time with a Coastal Kitchen, was thinking that we would eat there instead of specialty restaurants. Looks like we might miss out if we do that??

Cheers,

I have been perusing the menus - found the Symphony dining menus - free and specialty on a Google search. I don’t think I can post the link here. I feel like even if we would not have gotten the unlimited dining package with our suite, we would have still purchased it!!

15 hours ago, Brucemcdou said:

Curious what the “revamped” menus at Jamie’s are?  Or how they’re different from before?  we’re planning a TA on Harmony in Oct 2021 and have watched lots of videos of the various options at Jamie’s since we’ve never been on an Oasis class ship. We’ll have the UDP and plan to eat lunch or dinners in specialty restaurants most days.

DH is vegetarian and I *try* to eat healthy so Jamie’s has seemed like a good option since Italian is always a good compromise for us on land. 

Forgive me as it's been over a year since I ate a meal on a ship.  I think I meant 150 Central where we have had excellent tasting salts and wonderfully prepared meals in the past.  But last year there were no tasting salts and the menu was a bit bland, IMO.   Jamie's to me was just standard Americo-Italian fare.  Good but nothing special. But I am not a big  fan of FoodNetwork Stars  type places. Fun was in the family style serving for larger groups.

33 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Forgive me as it's been over a year since I ate a meal on a ship.  I think I meant 150 Central where we have had excellent tasting salts and wonderfully prepared meals in the past.  But last year there were no tasting salts and the menu was a bit bland, IMO.   Jamie's to me was just standard Americo-Italian fare.  Good but nothing special. But I am not a big  fan of FoodNetwork Stars  type places. Fun was in the family style serving for larger groups.

I was so disappointed the last time we went to 150 and they had eliminated the salts.  That was my favorite part of the meal.  We have been skipping 150 since then.  I just don't think the menu is all that appetizing anymore.

5 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I was so disappointed the last time we went to 150 and they had eliminated the salts.  That was my favorite part of the meal.  We have been skipping 150 since then.  I just don't think the menu is all that appetizing anymore.

What are the salts?

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Salt dish with 6different salts, bread and unsalted butter served instead of just plain bread and butter before dinner. 

But they left them on the table and you could try the ones you liked with your entrée.  

• Like 1