Edge class

sollan

Hi! 

Long time since I was here but now I just have to plan a cruise and start to look forward to a cruise again. Hope that everything is well with you all!

We are looking on a cruise sometime in the future on Apex or Edge. We have been on S and M class ships before and are quite familiar with the deckplans and cabins on these classes.

But the Edge class is a total mystery.... Have checked out the spreedsheet on this class but are still very confused....

Maybe someone could be kind enough to help?

We are interested in a consegiere cabin, starbord side, midship with bed close to the veranda. Would prefer a cabin on the overhang (if there are any) or with unobrstructed wiev.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance and greetings to anyone we might have met before on a cruise.

Greetings from Sweden!

The majority of the Concierge cabins are on decks 11 & 12.  I would suggest deck 11 because  the cabins on Deck 12 will have the buffet and pool area above them and could be noisy.   

I’m not sure what overhang you are referring to.  Since all Conciegre  cabins ( and almost all  non-suite cabins ) have infinity verandas your  view is primarily straight ahead or down.    I would suggest that you avoid a cabin that is very close to the Magic Carpet tracks as they do jut out and could obstruct your view.  

I'll suggest that you need to do a lot more research before booking a veranda cabin on the Edge.  The Edge was designed with the ship within a ship concept in mind.  This takes valuable prime space forward and on the open deck and reserves it for suite guests to the detriment of the other passengers.  You also need to investigate the Infinite balcony concept because it is not a true balcony.  There are plenty of reviews on the IV balconies.  I'd suggest that you also compare the prices on the E-class ships because Celebrity is trying to sell those ships at a significant premium.

Good Luck and enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

Good advice to the OP....The edge class infinite verandas are not true balconies. You are getting a room with a window that opens. If you were looking for unobstructed views, the possibility of sunbathing, and the true veranda experience, the infinite veranda isn’t it.

We’ve done Edge twice w InfiniteSR and loved it. Opening the Infinite veranda up turned the whole room more open and you don’t needto step out onto the balcony to enjoy the openness.

As to not being able to sunbathe, Yup. But most standard balconies I experienced had overhangs and side walls that precludes most direct sun. I use to  do that on open decks and poolside. I don’t sunbathe anymore. Got tired of women who couldn’t keep their hands off me! 

but the Infinite balcony is a different approach. Some hate it and others love it more than standard verandas. 

many say Concierge isn’t worth it but on my cruise, the price diff was $50 so jumped on it. On Edge class ships, Concierge has good locations and I agree Deck 11 is best. 

den

Thanks for all input. 😊

I will follow your advices and start to find out more about these Infinity verandas that are totally new to me. 

This is really appreciated and I'm glad for any kind of help.

Yes, one more Q: I havn't been able to find any overwiev of the C cabins on Edge class on Celebritys site. Have they hide them to good for me or isn't it any?

I suppose that it will be different from the S- and M cabins?