Positivity Thread!

ScratchTheRat

I love sailing through the starting ports: 

NYC - the slow sail past the skyline, Ellis and the statue, finally under the Verrazano.

Ft Lauderdale - the slow sail from the port to sea, ending with a straight view right up the FL coast line on one side and low departing airplanes on the other.

That final view is the point where I officially kill the cell phone and the sight of wide open water ahead sucks me deeper into cruise euphoria.

Edited by crooooze
  • Like 2

@xDisconnections I agree, you need to order WCM to your specifications.  I usually say "medium rare' so there is a gooey center with some cake.

My favorite port....I do love HMC.  We get a cabana, relax on our floaties (or fall asleep 😉 ) and literally do nothing but chill.

For snorkeling, I love the excursion on a sailboat out of Amber Cove.  We took a bus to the sailboat, made two snorkeling stops, saw tons of fish and had a blast!

I do love Curacao at night, the floating bridge is great!

• Like 1

We absolutely loved the cable car to the top of Mt. Isabel near Amber Cove. A fantastic ride up/down the mountain and beautiful scenery at the top.

The Atlantis submarine tour in Aruba was awesome, too. Did that last year and can't wait to do it again, either there or at another port.

On 1/30/2021 at 6:54 AM, CJinFLA00 said:

We really love Curaçao!

On 1/30/2021 at 9:25 AM, beerman2 said:

Curaçao and St. Thomas if you leave at night. Gorgeous all lit up.

The floating bridge in Curaçao is unique.

Curacao is a neat looking stop because of all the colorful buildings. Large variety of shopping, if you're into that kind of thing. We actually got stuck on the floating bridge when a boat came through while we were crossing. They had to swing it when we were still on it. Fun experience, glad it happened.

2 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

So what are peoples tips on "healthy" food on board? Anyone sailed on a diet or with strict requirements? Let's hear some tips!

I am vegetarian and found it easy to adjust my meals.  there was plenty to eat.  also with my son's food allergies- he was fine too.  everything is labeled clearly and the wait staff are great 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stellarose said:

I am vegetarian and found it easy to adjust my meals.  there was plenty to eat.  also with my son's food allergies- he was fine too.  everything is labeled clearly and the wait staff are great 

Sounds amazing 🙂 

A few of my faves are the braised short ribs and grand marnier souffle.

Also love early morning sea-day breakfasts in the MDR, when they first open and it’s peaceful and quiet. Heck, sometimes I’m in such a zen mind, I’ll order the froot loop crusted French toast.

Edited by crooooze

99.9% positive our cruise is cancelled in May which is completely okay!

We are rebooking a longer cruise on a newer and better ship for 2022 for the same cost!

AND

We have my sister and her family bought in and SUPER excited to go with us on their first cruise.  Nobody in her family has been out of the U.S. before and we can't wait to experience it with them.  I bet they get addicted to the cruise life just like me and my family did!

Edited by cmukid87
added content
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Your zen will need a yen for something else, the fruit loop French toast is not on the newer menu which has been out for 3 years. 5189F963-2A80-4467-A2BC-5CF2374DF7BE.jpe

I love this new menu. It's a bit more sophisticated and has many more healthy choices than the former brunch menu. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

I love this new menu. It's a bit more sophisticated and has many more healthy choices than the former brunch menu. 

Yes and if you aren't familiar with the new Port Day Breakfast Menu here it is, excellent selections.breakfastmenu1.jpg

Edited by sanmarcosman

8 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Your zen will need a yen for something else, the fruit loop French toast is not on the newer menu which has been out for 3 years

Dang! It was still served on the Conquest a year and a half ago. Anyway, I’ll still love those relaxing sit-down breakfasts.

• Like 1