The Daily for Friday Jan 29, 2021

richwmn

12 minutes ago, doobieb said:

Jigzone? now that sounds intriguing. Will go on a hunt on Amazon. 

Thanks for the tip.

Debbie

Jigzone is for the computer or ipad 🙂   -- https://www.jigidi.com/ 

Oops, it's called Jigidi.  There was one called Jigzone too, it may still be around too.  🙂  

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good afternoon everyone!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your list Roy. 

I am also a puzzle fan but haven’t done one in a long time. The last one we did was very frustrating so I think we just gave up but I’m thinking we should put it back out now that we have so much time on our hands. 

The meal suggestion sounds really good but I’m planning on making the tomato feta fish suggestion from the other day. 

Last evening I got two bad news phone calls. The first was that my 91 year old Mother had been taken to the hospital with abdominal pain. Turns out she has a bowel blockage that will probably require surgery. She is a colon cancer survivor and had two colon surgeries with chemo many years ago. Problems like this are not unusual afterward. It is just scary at her age. Thank goodness her Covid test was negative. She’s hoping to be home by Monday to have her first vaccine but I don’t think that is possible. 

The second phone call was from our 40 year old daughter telling us that she and her boyfriend have Covid. Thankfully she has minor symptoms with fatigue, sore throat, loss of smell. 

I was just a mess afterwards but feel better today knowing that things will get better. Stay strong and carry on!

I also wanted to share a picture of the Catalina Mountains north of us with snow.  I took it this morning on my way to the grocery store at our closest intersection.  I was going to crop out most of the sky but changed my mind, the clouds were just too pretty. 744F97FA-6E53-444C-9A83-AC6684DDA8DC.thumb.jpeg.10d828a0bfba0aa0e3c2f5940187ad03.jpeg

That’s a lot of news to process coming all at once. Prayers to all of your family.  A night’s sleep can restore your coping energy, can’t it?

My grandmother once told me to give her bad news only in the mornings. By the afternoon, she didn’t want to hear it.😇

And thanks for sharing the stunning picture. 

• Like 9

We have enjoyed a rare dry day here in Washington.  I think what is meant by "big wigs" is what was the style in the 1700s and early 1800s for prominent people.  Remember what George Washington or George the third wore at that time.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Last evening I got two bad news phone calls. The first was that my 91 year old Mother had been taken to the hospital with abdominal pain. Turns out she has a bowel blockage that will probably require surgery. She is a colon cancer survivor and had two colon surgeries with chemo many years ago. Problems like this are not unusual afterward. It is just scary at her age. Thank goodness her Covid test was negative. She’s hoping to be home by Monday to have her first vaccine but I don’t think that is possible. 

The second phone call was from our 40 year old daughter telling us that she and her boyfriend have Covid. Thankfully she has minor symptoms with fatigue, sore throat, loss of smell. 

Oh my goodness, so much all at once!  Prayers for your Mother, daughter, her boyfriend, and you!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

We have a delivery of two recliners for TV watching today, and also someone coming to see the sofa that the two chairs will be replacing.  Pat has been having back problems, and wanted something with more support, so who am I to say him nay - but I will miss my sofa, I doubt I will be able to have the occasional nap in a chair.  I also sort stamps all over the sofa when he's not looking,  I imagine I will have to use the sofa in the living room for that from now on.  I am very sad about the whole thing, but his back comes first....

I just saw this, serendipitously posted on another board today -- made me think of your new delivery today:

image.png.8e1d63677f120a9af16c5c6aef022c0a.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, doobieb said:

Congratulations on the scheduled shots. That has to be a big relief to get started. Do you know what brand you will get?  

They announced shots for the 65+ age group here today, but won’t start until Feb. 

I actually don't know, the hospital didn't specify.  The confirmation included patient information sheets for both vaccines.

Roy

• Like 3

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Just spoke with the patient and family representative and so far the doctor thinks it will resolve on it’s own and that Mom will not need surgery.  Just so frustrating having to do all this over the phone because of Covid. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sharon, wow!!! Not the type of phone calls you wish to have. Best wishes to your Mother and to DD and boyfriend. Hope by tomorrow forward all the phone news is good.

I am watching the weather nervously ..... I may need a dog team to get to my Covid vax appointment. Somehow I don't thing a Shih Tzu will be very much help. I am due for the Pfizer shot. As far as I know no place here is giving anything else.  Talked to my sister tonight... she still has not been able to get on the list there the vax.

Susan

P.S. just saw your update.... see.... the news is getting better already.

Edited by durangoscots
added info
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Just spoke with the patient and family representative and so far the doctor thinks it will resolve on it’s own and that Mom will not need surgery.  Just so frustrating having to do all this over the phone because of Covid. 

Oh that is hopeful news, at least.

Prayers for her that it does resolve and for recovery for your daughter and her boyfriend.  And a special prayer for you for the strength to deal with all of this 🙏🏻 

• Like 4