Who Has Most Cancelled Bookings by Princess

billco

We had 8 cancelled and I think they may cancel our September 25th cruise on the Island.

All but 2 were paid in full cash advanced and still trying to figure out what FCC we have and what was returned on CC. Very confusing  

On 2/11/2021 at 1:37 PM, billco said:

Here is my list of 12. It has resulted in more than a few FCCs.

25 Days Europe - Trans-Atlantic

Sky Princess

April 11, 2020 / Fort Lauderdale

May 6, 2020 / Copenhagen

11 Days Europe - Baltic

Sky Princess

August 24, 2020 / Copenhagen

September 4, 2020 / Copenhagen

15 Days Europe - Trans-Atlantic

Sky Princess

September 4, 2020 / Copenhagen

September 19, 2020 / New York

4 Days Coastal Vancouver/Los Angeles

Coral Princess

September 23, 2020 / Vancouver

September 27, 2020 / Los Angeles

30 Days Exotics

Grand Princess

October 24, 2020 / Los Angeles

November 24, 2020 / Shanghai

7 Days Mexico - Riviera

Royal Princess

January 30, 2021 / Los Angeles

February 6, E410 / Los Angeles

5 Days Mexico - Cabo

Royal Princess

February 6, 2021 / Los Angeles

February 11, 2021 / Los Angeles

14 Days Europe - Trans-Atlantic

Sky Princess

April 10, 2021 / Fort Lauderdale

April 24, 2021 / London (Southampton)

8 Days Europe - British Isles

Sky Princess / Bermudan

April 24, 2021 / London (Southampton)

May 2, 2021 / London (Southampton)

14 Days Alaska

Royal Princess

May 8, 2021 / Vancouver

May 22, 2021 / Vancouver

I Cancelled in anticipation:

7 Days Alaska Gulf Northbound

Coral Princess

May 19, 2021 / Vancouver

May 26, 2021 / Whittier

7 Days Alaska Gulf Southbound

Royal Princess

May 29, 2021 / Whittier

June 5, 2021 / Vancouver

Current Bookings

14 Days Europe - Baltic

Regal Princess

September 4, 2021 / London (Southampton)

September 18, 2021 / London (Southampton)

12 days Europe - Iberia

Sky Princess

September 23, 2021 / London (Southampton)

October 5, 2021 / London (Southampton)

I guess that's one way to "milk the system".  Most of them were booked probably knowing that those weren't going to happen, but what the heck, more FCC's.

41 minutes ago, Grego said:

I guess that's one way to "milk the system".  Most of them were booked probably knowing that those weren't going to happen, but what the heck, more FCC's.

Exactly. Actually, most were booked with FCCs as the deposit. The first cruise was paid in full in December 2019. Otherwise, all but three were booked with the intent that if it goes I'll be on it. The October 2020 cruise from LA to Shanghai and the January 2021 Mexico cruises were definitely milking the system. I thought the May 2021 Alaska cruises had a chance.

5 hours ago, Grego said:

4 hours ago, billco said:

Exactly. Actually, most were booked with FCCs as the deposit. The first cruise was paid in full in December 2019. Otherwise, all but three were booked with the intent that if it goes I'll be on it. The October 2020 cruise from LA to Shanghai and the January 2021 Mexico cruises were definitely milking the system. I thought the May 2021 Alaska cruises had a chance.

Huh. When a cruise of mine that had an FCC as deposit was canceled by PCL I did not get additional FCC.  When I've used FCD as deposit I've requested it to be returned as FCD as the OBC is worth more than $25. 

41 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Huh. When a cruise of mine that had an FCC as deposit was canceled by PCL I did not get additional FCC.  When I've used FCD as deposit I've requested it to be returned as FCD as the OBC is worth more than $25. 

I didn't get additional FCC on cancelled cruises that were booked with FCCs as the deposit. Also, I didn't get FCCs on the two Mexico cruises that were cancelled, since I elected refund as Princess was only offering 50% additional FCC. On the LA to Shanghai cruise I did milk the system. I applied a refund from a previous cancelled cruise as a deposit and then another $3000 in gift cards to the deposit, because Princess had been offering double deposit as the FCC option. I ended up with over $8000 in FCCs by booking a cruise that seemed very unlikely to happen.

• Like 1

@billco WOW!!! I'm just not willing to tie up that much with PCL at this point. That said, I did get the 2 canceled March 2020 Grand Princess cruises covered 100% in April 2022 + my December 2021 covered 100%. Plus the 1st leg of that Grand B2B was refunded to cc. We are all being compensated well by CCL even though communication was frustrating last spring

I understand booking with PCL Gift Cards isn't really new cash .... I'm still holding mine so I don't have to fuss with expiration dates

17 hours ago, gvre said:

We had 8 cancelled and I think they may cancel our September 25th cruise on the Island.

All but 2 were paid in full cash advanced and still trying to figure out what FCC we have and what was returned on CC. Very confusing  

PCL and we canceled 6 bookings for 2021.....we just gave up on believing it will happen this year.....focusing on mid - 2022 and later.....I agree trying to keep up with the monies is a challenge.....

On 2/19/2021 at 7:49 AM, Grego said:

Wish that we had thought of that 🥴 Unfortunately we are  usually fully booked two years out.  we are still watching the downfall of those cruises.

one of the "replacement" cruises we booked was to fill in a gap that was made when HAL sold the Rotterdam out from under us 😁  that happened earlier last year.. the sailing was for  May/June of this year. and in Europe...so we booked a 7 day Alaska cruise that had about two weeks cabin tour added on to it.

Back when that happened, we felt safe in booking far out and for only a 7 dayer, and in Alaska.

So much for that reasoning ..😖

At this time, we are booking nothing new. The hassle of refunds or shipboard credits is just not worth the  work.

Anything we have was booked before the cruise industry washed up on the beach.

Our game plan these days is to book land "cruises" as backups for cruises already scheduled for this year, as unfortunately we do expect to loose most of them..

Sad, but true.

The "UP" side of this is that we will see more of this beautiful country,

7 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Read that the new cancelations are only 110 × deposit as FCC. So that's not worth waiting for PCL to cancel

agreed

looks like the days of 'double your cruise fare' if not paid in full are long gone ...

• Like 1