May Cruises- No longer showing on NCL

Sand and Seas

24 minutes ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

My May 10th sailing is still showing on MyNCL, but the name now says "Default Itinerary Name"

.  Still able to select shore excursions and dining, though.  Athough, this cruise is a 9 day, so figured it would be cancelled because of the CDC order.  Alas.....

Sorry, it's not looking good for those who have May cruises booked.🙁 

We had also had a 9 day (May 14th) booked, but decided several weeks ago to move our CN deposit to a later cruise.  (There are a couple of 9-11 day cruises we found).  

I've got Your Cruise is on Hold for the 2nd time for my European cruise in May.  I've tried to do a mock payment and it says "I'm sorry we have encountered an issue with your reservation!"  So yes, the next set of cancellations is imminent. So glad I didn't book flights.  This is my 3rd cancelled cruise - sad but understandable.

Edited by Happy2b@sea

7 hours ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

My May 10th sailing is still showing on MyNCL, but the name now says "Default Itinerary Name"

.  Still able to select shore excursions and dining, though.  Athough, this cruise is a 9 day, so figured it would be cancelled because of the CDC order.  Alas.....

"Default Itinerary" = cruise no longer exists. 

Since the COVID shutdown, NCL use to leave the reservation on you MyNCL until after the cruise was suppose to depart. With the April cancellations, the "Default Itinerary" eventually disappeared from MyNCL.

9 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

I just checked NCL.com.   Mock booking no longer shows any May cruises available.

Sad.  And the ships that were suppose to be sailing in Alaska are currently not bookable until October/November when they pick up Mexican Riviera and Caribbean cruises.

We pushed our April cancellation into September 2021. And our May cancellation to May 2022. We haven't bothered booking anything more at this time... just wanted to get the FCC credits (prior to the most recent extension of their validity) used and off the books. 

I had very low expectations that our May 9 sailing to Bermuda would happen or whether we would feel safe going on it if it did. I'm pretty bummed that we saw this message on our booking yesterday, though. Since yesterday we managed to schedule appointments for our vaccines on March 3. Even if we end up with the Moderna vaccine and have to wait 4 weeks for our second shot, we still would have reached immunity by May 9. So, we probably would have felt safe sailing. Oh well! Guess we will have to figure out a different vacation option. We are desperate for a vacation, having not traveled at all since our March 15 sailing was cancelled last year!

19 hours ago, Burrata said:

was looking to see if any cruises to Bermuda June, July or August out of Boston. Next sailing is April 2022!

doesn't look good : (

Oh no!  I was hoping our NY-Canada Oct 2021 could be redirected to Bermuda (Canada is closed until 3/2022) but it looks like that won't happen.  Oh well...another cancellation...another FCC....another cruise to be booked....another cancellation....and it goes on and on.

My August Alaska cruise is now showing the "Default Itinerary Name" now.  To be expected.  Still disappointing though.  I haven't left the state of Maine for over a year now.  I've had great fun exploring Maine over the last year, but I could really use something tropical. 

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

I had very low expectations that our May 9 sailing to Bermuda would happen or whether we would feel safe going on it if it did. I'm pretty bummed that we saw this message on our booking yesterday, though. Since yesterday we managed to schedule appointments for our vaccines on March 3. Even if we end up with the Moderna vaccine and have to wait 4 weeks for our second shot, we still would have reached immunity by May 9. So, we probably would have felt safe sailing. Oh well! Guess we will have to figure out a different vacation option. We are desperate for a vacation, having not traveled at all since our March 15 sailing was cancelled last year!

I am feeling very desperate for a vacation. We booked an Airbnb for March. It’s nothing crazy but it’s on the beach and it’s different than the walls I see every day. 

22 hours ago, Burrata said:

was looking to see if any cruises to Bermuda June, July or August out of Boston. Next sailing is April 2022!

doesn't look good : (

Still some hope!

Today NCL.com has Bermuda cruises from Boston and NY listed  from June 2021 to November 2021.   It looks like Gem then moves to New York for some shorter Bermuda cruises in November and December.

Sand and Seas, now I see Bermuda from Boston for summer of 2021, so weird when I looked before. 

We were supposed to go in April to Bermuda and have booked late August for Canada/ New England but now Canada has banned cruise ships through 2021! 

Not much hope for 2021 sailings. : (

1 hour ago, Burrata said:

Sand and Seas, now I see Bermuda from Boston for summer of 2021, so weird when I looked before. 

We were supposed to go in April to Bermuda and have booked late August for Canada/ New England but now Canada has banned cruise ships through 2021! 

Not much hope for 2021 sailings. : (

Maybe a chance for your August cruise sailing, but guessing it would divert to Bermuda.....which  isn't a bad diversion🌞